Author Topic: Raffle  (Read 5129 times)

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Raffle
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:46:48 AM »
Some kind if monthly raffle, for credits or other prizes items ext.. Could pay to play or play for free.

Possible prizes:
100k hrp cash
Hl2rp items
Credits

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Raffle
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 11:51:05 AM »
Some kind if monthly raffle, for credits or other prizes items ext.. Could pay to play or play for free.

Possible prizes:
100k hrp cash
Hl2rp items
Credits
Hmm... seems interesting... a certian amount of credits for a chance at a monthly raffle.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 05:11:49 PM »
We'll call it the RaffleWaffle

I doubt we'll give away credits. We could do a lottery type thing where you pay to enter, but I doubt many would do that.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Raffle
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 05:14:06 AM »
We'll call it the RaffleWaffle

I doubt we'll give away credits. We could do a lottery type thing where you pay to enter, but I doubt many would do that.

They might would if the price is a lot more than what they normally get for their credits.
For example normally you get 75k HRP for 1000 credits. But if you could win 100k HRP for a 500 credit buyin, who wouldn't consider that a nice deal?

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 09:37:22 PM »
Also, heres another thought.  What about straight donation raffles?  You donate to enter a raffle, say the donation is set to a low 20-15.  And the prize you can win would go up by 1/2 of what you would normally get with the joining of more people in the raffle?  The prize would be credits.  And if no-one joins into the raffle, the person who donated would just get normal of what they payed for.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:18:39 PM »
It could be considered gambling so be careful

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 04:05:11 PM »
It could be considered gambling so be careful

I didn't think of this. IANAL but judging from reading Wikipedia on the subject, I think you're right. Assuming buying a 'lottery ticket', that ticket transaction could be seen as a 'bet' in which you're putting in money in hopes of gaining money with no guarantee. Perhaps it's a gray area since you're paying for credits and the credit transaction is not real currency therefore the law doesn't apply, but this is a technicality and we'd rather not turn CG into a shady marketing venture.

Going to lock this because it's just not going to happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal