Author Topic: "Drip" - An Invasive Species?  (Read 6470 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: "Drip" - An Invasive Species?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 01:47:20 AM »
Out of Character for OOC:
You might want to wait until oz comes up with his own way. That process just seems far to unrealistic. I think that if oz found a way to genetically modify cannabis and how they affect the brain or something that'd make more sense. Perhaps through gene therapy and invitro he managed to change what the plant grows and how it affects the brain. I dunno

shut up about your weed obsession

weed is a depressant not a hallucinogenic drug

I don't have a weed obsession sir, you are thinking of bluff

What I was saying was a way to genetically modify canibis (or even LSD) to give these affects. The way Vegas proposed was kind of silly.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 01:55:26 AM »
so mixing random easy-to-get shit is more ridiculous to genetically modifying cannabis in a world where we have essentially no technology, the drug would have to be manufactured in a really high-tech lab in the outlands in the case you're suggesting. i dont know if you're joking or not

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 02:21:09 AM »
so mixing random easy-to-get shit is more ridiculous to genetically modifying cannabis in a world where we have essentially no technology, the drug would have to be manufactured in a really high-tech lab in the outlands in the case you're suggesting. i dont know if you're joking or not

Im not sure if you know what that little logo on the red powder is

Anyways, let's just wait and see what oz says since he's the creater of it
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 02:21:40 AM »
Feel free to type outside of OOC tags; too hard to track different comments with the tags on.

WE've also attempted to set-up a drug operation based around drip, seeing as someone threw it around the city infecting EVERYONE

I personally made sure that something like four small palm sized zip-lock went out two days ago so I have no idea why this whole thing has been hijacked before it's started. How the entire City managed to get infected is beyond me, I didn't make this with the intent of being a plague.

As for the drug operation, wouldn't you agree that it's a bit hard to replicate something when you don't know how to produce it and when there's nothing else to go on apart from a rough description of effects I've posted in the OP?

the process i roughly came up with was you mix the abovementioned objects, strain out the rations for the chemicals (at least roughly), then take the mixture and get it boiling, then mix it slowly for an hourish (we do this with a washing machine on its lowest setting) and then boil it again, strain it and powder it, the initial mixture uncooked looks dark green and once it's cooked it turns rusted red

wat

If you're currently producing 'Drip' when I haven't even listed the ingredients or a full list of effects that are suspected to make up the composition of the substance how are you coming up with a process to create it?

We've come up with a possible list of sideffects, based of statua's knowledge and the effects:
Low BP,
Depressed Breathing,
Restlessness,
Anxiety,
Paranoia,
Amnesia,
Depression,
Confusion.
These are just ideas with different rareness.

Sounds pretty much what I intended. I'll trust Statua with this based on his experience but I'll write a more official and descriptive version for general effects and overdose effects in the next few hours while I'm online.

tl;dr - I have no idea how you guys managed to poison an entire City like it's being described when I only gave out four small packets and then you've managed to some how reproduce it without knowing the composition of it. What are you guys doing, lol? Stop hijacking my ideas before they even get a chance to take off, thanks.

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 02:23:43 AM »
the way i phrased it ic was that it wasn't something identical, just something that had the same effects/looked similar
not sure how people got enough to coat the city in an inch of it, but whatever

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 02:26:21 AM »
the way i phrased it ic was that it wasn't something identical, just something that had the same effects/looked similar
not sure how people got enough to coat the city in an inch of it, but whatever

Copycat drugs are fine, I can't stop that from happening.

I really need to talk to whoever started/managed the event regarding this so we can clean this mess up.

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 04:35:01 AM »
If I recall correctly I know Sexy Frog had somethin' to do with it. If not, he'd know who started it. I thought that he had some sort of setup with you. I feel a serverwide void coming up.
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 05:14:43 AM »
I'll talk to him when we are both online next so we can sort this out.

Full details are available here: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=28095.0
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:15:40 AM by o.g jackal »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 09:31:08 AM »
It wasn't the entire city. Apparently 4 small packets were more like hundreds of pounds of it and someone was running around throwing it everywhere, eventually creating a very thin cloud of dust that moved around the districts streets in the wind giving a very mild effect. Not enough to make anyone addicted or paranoid.

But he did throw the drug in the face of 2 hospital workers, twice. Along with some other random people in the streets.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: "Drip" - An Invasive Species?
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 05:14:50 PM »
It wasn't the entire city. Apparently 4 small packets were more like hundreds of pounds of it and someone was running around throwing it everywhere, eventually creating a very thin cloud of dust that moved around the districts streets in the wind giving a very mild effect. Not enough to make anyone addicted or paranoid.

But he did throw the drug in the face of 2 hospital workers, twice. Along with some other random people in the streets.
And a unit. Before getting shot.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 06:09:41 PM »
Hmm...well, it seems I was misinformed. It seems I acted too enthusiastically. I didn't know it was four small Ziploc bags. I asked around and I was told that it was a common find in the slums, and the first line of the thread doesn't specify how much exactly.

It just says: A number of small plastic zip-lock bags containing a red powder have been located in District Two within recent days. But this is a problem that I started, so I will own up to it. If I had known this, I would never have started throwing it at people. However, I will say that I didn't have a hand in the Drip cloud in the city thing, though I was more than likely the root of it. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your idea, Oz, I was just trying to get it around so it could take off a bit. I meant well, but I went too far with it, I guess.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 06:29:58 PM »
Meh. it was done. Nothing terrible came out of it and it created some interesting RP. I say we just accept what happened and follow these new guidelines.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27:18 PM »
If good RP came out of it, I can't really argue with that. The reason I didn't want to progress this too quickly was because I might have needed to get Overwatch to do something about distributors/production facilities. I found myself in that position yesterday where I had to get somebody else to lead a raid against a possible production facility and now two of my characters have overlapping stories which is against the rules.

The distribution of Drip is caught up to match what happened in the event and a full list of symptoms and information has been released so most of the issues should be sorted now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal