Author Topic: Laura Valerian's profile (WIP)  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Laura Valerian's profile (WIP)
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:47:14 PM »
Adapting characters can be a weird thing... in my attempt to adapt Eli, i've come up with a new character.

She is not authed for some of these things just yet, though I am incorporating part of it into her story and downplaying them severely untill I can actually get them authed (which will be very shortly, hopefully.)

Laura Valerian's Character Profile

Gender/Sex: Female

Character Full Name: Laura M. Valerian

Known aliases: None.

Character background:

OOC:
As I was informed that I couldn't remake the characters from back in the day, I was annoyed, and of course started trying to make a case for being able to bring them back (which mind you, I still believe would not be a bad idea) however, I am nothing if not one to find a way to make good out of a bad situation.

Laura Valerian is my response to that. It rescues the name and some of the character traits of the old characters without being the old characters, and taking inspiration from them but with entirely different backstories. Think of it as a "what if" thing.

I reworked Eli's backstory entirely and will be posting it shortly to explain her father's knowledge and more in-depth abilities, for now however, enjoy her backstory.

IC: (A very resumed story, as the rest you will have to find out yourself by Rping with her or pay attention to the upcoming auths)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Laura's parents were... Odd, to say the least.
Her father was an interpol agent, making him have to travel all over the world all the time. His life was, according to what her mother told her at least "full of danger and nonsense she could never quite understand", yet she was enthralled by it. Taking a keen interest into the idea of law enforcement and always asking her parent figure for stories about the places and the people he met, both good and bad

Due to his work they were forced to move to New York from Scotland. It took Laura a long time to get used to the much busier city, and the move made his father concerned about her safety.

It was at this time that her father decided to teach her self-defense, working with her to teach her hand to hand that could come in handy if she ever was in danger without him around. Perhaps a bit too well, according to him.

During this time, Laura also took up Archery out of boredoom. Very little really did give her a sense of accomplishment, but Archery managed to keep her in check in that regard. She felt a sense of accomplishment each time she hit a target further away than what she had done so previously, and improving her time between lining up a target and actually firing/hitting was one of her main hobbies.

She never competed, but she managed to gain quite the skill with the archaic weapon/tool, preferring a Bare bow over Compound, claiming that she felt better about following the old tradition than going with the needlessly complicated

Laura was always a brash kid during school, and it showed as well as she entered adulthood. She was, at first, looking into a career in medicine, though after an incident where she saw herself using her previously adquired self-defense skills to help a girl about to be raped in the College's grounds, she reconsidered and attempted entering a carreer in law enforcement.

It was no surprise for Laura's father to see her like that, as he was already aware of her more "violent" outbursts. He was practically counting the days down untill it happened, and he was impressed with the result. He feared however that he had no taught her restraint, as the would-be rapist was severely beaten down.

Her plans were unfortunately cut short, as before she could enter the process the combine invaded. Little is really known after this about her life. Some time in the city, hiding her skills to avoid any confrontation from the combine and of course, relying heavily on some of her father's old skills. Her father's wereabouts are unknown, though he is presumed dead at this point due to his involvement with Interpol.

She was severely mistreated by the CCA, however they didn't know of her skills, as her father trained her himself and she took care to not be overt about her skills in archery either to people who may reveal them to CP's. Her bow and arrow skills were never something official, as she never competed and practice more to challenge herself than to show off.

A strong moral sense instilled and a set of skills she has no idea if she'll ever be able to put to proper use, Laura is both an interesting and strange person to find in the city... Or outlands.

Physical description: 5 foot 6 with a very lithe frame, Laura has boyish features and looks particularly agile. She's usually seen trying to keep her clothes as neat as possible, going out of her way even in situations that don't require it to look presentable. Her hair is particularly short, which she keeps that way due to an old piece of advice she heard from her father once. In the city she is known to keep to a very proper and neat citizen attire, making sure to avoid any confrontation with the Civil protection.

Outside of the city (This is going with the idea that we'll eventually have outlands, disregard if it does not show up yet) Laura has been seen wearing some more "formal" clothes, yet it seems most of them are relatively dirty and worn, as the location would 'demand'. She has been seen carrying an assortment of tools on her belt when working outside. She wears fingerless gloves almost all the time.

Eye color: Vivid green

Scars: None

Facial features: Boyish features. Androgynous in general

Hair Style & Color: Short and to the point. She wastes little time taking care of her hair

Approximate age: 24 to 26 at the moment

Country originated from: Born in Scotland, raised in the USA

Current location: Currently the city. As soon as outlands pops up she'll be moved there.

Accent: American, though her father's scottish roots can be heard in her inflections every once in a while.

Mental good and/or bad skills:
Good:
+ Strong will makes her always look for a solution to even the worst predicaments
+ Level headed most of the time, making it easier for her to know when to fight back and when to lay off
+ Strong moral sense keeps her from "diving off the deep edge" in the insanity of the current world order

Bad:
- When she reacts violently, she goes into a full berserk mode.
- When her friends or family are threatened, she can easily lose her temper
- Strange habits make her somewhat difficult to make acquaintance with or establish a friendly relationship

Physical good and/or bad skills:
Good:
+ Lithe and small body makes her more agile and makes it also easier for her to move under certain circumstances
+ Being smaller also makes it easier for her to take potential threats off-guard
+ Her more agile and quick reflexes can allow her escape in many situations.

Bad:
- Her smaller body makes it difficult for her to output too much strenght, meaning that for self defense she has to rely on hitting people on "weak" spots. Kidneys, face, inner ear, etc.
- Smaller frame means that she would have a hard time struggling away from restraints and the like, unlike someone with a better build
- Being small isn't always a plus. Some things can be too high up for her.

Character look-a-like image:
Spoiler for Character Look Alike:

Yes. That is King. No, I am not ashamed of recoloring her so it's more pertinent to the description.

Character fitting music and/or song:

Clothing and/or protective armour and markings (bruises, scratches, etc) on the limbs:

Head: City: None / Outlands: An improvised hood/Scarf to hide her face and help her deal with dust in the wind

Torso: City: Clean City outfit. Black Citizen shirt / Outlands : T-Shirt or Button Shirt. When wearing a button shirt she is known to wear a tie, though why considering her previous knowledge of self defense is unknown. She has sometimes been seen wearing a pendant that is an old family heirloom, shaped after a green flame with black detailing.

Arms/Hands: City: Nothing / Outlands: Fingerless Gloves

Legs/Feet: City: Standart citizen clothing, well kept / Heavy duty Jeans. Well kept and a grey-ish/black tone. Black belt with standart metal buckle

Weaponry: Outlands: She has been spotted sporting a bow before. Further information about what type of bow or arrows is unknown.

Lost and/or replacement limbs or parts?: Nope

Skills, perks and/or traits of the character:
+ Smaller frame allows her to be more agile than other characters
+ Her father's old job gives her some idea as to how to react to good and bad situations, as well as give her a stronger sense of morality than other characters in CG
+ Her looks can deceive less knowledgable characters

Weaknesses and/or severe flaws:
- Stubborn. Severely so in certain situations
- She can find trouble where there is none
- Her smaller frame can still be a disadvantage to her, and she is known to overestimate her skill to compensate for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal