Author Topic: Nightvision for CCA?  (Read 2399 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• DO YOU EVEN ROFL?...
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Nightvision for CCA?
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:37:38 PM »
Hello everyone I am AntiVirus and I just had a really cool short suggestion, maybe instead of combine always having to use flashlights when their in dark places, why not just add Nightvision goggles for them? I mean to be honest i've seen other server have a nightvision plugin for CCAs and its sorta cool and it is pretty cool! I must say. But their purpose for them would be mainly in dark places such as sewers or just dark places in general. Oh and also the Nightvision would be mainly for CCA only, tho maybe making it so that CWU can sell them and trade them to civilians as it would obviously act as a level 2 contraband.

Here are some cool links that could possibly work.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=138163375&searchtext=nightvision
*NOTE*
Enable to activate the nightvision I think you have to do it by console
Console Commands:
nv_toggle_nightvision - Toggles nightvision
nv_toggle_laser - Toggles laser
nv_menu - Settings menu

Not sure if they would have to be coded into the game or not. Also to activate them their mostly console commands ;_; well the secnod link is and isn't idk. Its a cool suggestion for combine if you think about it!

So yeah give me feedback, tell me what you think.

Half life 2 roleplay characters \/

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nightvision for CCA?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 08:49:21 PM »
Hello everyone I am AntiVirus and I just had a really cool short suggestion, maybe instead of combine always having to use flashlights when their in dark places, why not just add Nightvision goggles for them? I mean to be honest i've seen other server have a nightvision plugin for CCAs and its sorta cool and it is pretty cool! I must say. But their purpose for them would be mainly in dark places such as sewers or just dark places in general. Oh and also the Nightvision would be mainly for CCA only, tho maybe making it so that CWU can sell them and trade them to civilians as it would obviously act as a level 2 contraband.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=138163375&searchtext=nightvision
*NOTE*
Console Commands:
nv_menu - Settings menu

Not sure if they would have to be coded into the game or not. Also to activate them their mostly console commands ;_; well the secnod link is and isn't idk. Its a cool suggestion for combine if you think about it!

There are a few reason that make me want to say "No thank you":

• It takes all the fun out of hiding from a CCA raid.  Hiding in a dark corner, praying that you won't be seen, etc.
  • Give an inch, and soon they'll be wanting a mile.  Next thing you know, there will be arguments for thermal vision and other OP items because "We are the Combine we have infinite resources and are supposed to be OP".

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 08:50:18 PM »
pretty much what hazard said and i agree with what he has said, we dont need nightvision on MPF

Offline AntiVirus

• DO YOU EVEN ROFL?...
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:08:54 PM »

*NOTE*
Console Commands:
nv_menu - Settings menu

There are a few reason that make me want to say "No thank you":

• It takes all the fun out of hiding from a CCA raid.  Hiding in a dark corner, praying that you won't be seen, etc.
  • Give an inch, and soon they'll be wanting a mile.  Next thing you know, there will be arguments for thermal vision and other OP items because "We are the Combine we have infinite resources and are supposed to be OP".

I didn't think of it that way, You sir are really correct. Tho adding thermal visioning is a dumb idea... I only suggested "Night vision" and like I said its only a suggestion so there for I am gonna say, why not then add it to OTA's? sense they have latest combine technology seeing that they use AR2's so why not just add it to OTA's then? sense their is not much OTA action that much if its such a problem so that people can't hide anymore sense you ask.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:10:35 PM by AntiVirus??? »

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 09:09:52 PM »
do this kinda thing for ota with a postives/negatives situation thing

like idk ok ota is super human robot men but maybe if they take NV googles you cant hide in shadows but bright lights completely fuck with them (in terminator rp using flares would fuck up most common terminator's vision so u could easily distract or just blind one  etc etc)

Offline AntiVirus

• DO YOU EVEN ROFL?...
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 09:12:49 PM »
do this kinda thing for ota with a postives/negatives situation thing

like idk ok ota is super human robot men but maybe if they take NV googles you cant hide in shadows but bright lights completely fuck with them (in terminator rp using flares would fuck up most common terminator's vision so u could easily distract or just blind one  etc etc)
Thats exactally what I was gonna say! as I said it would only be a OTA thing and as he said using flares as their bright as fuck itwould be bright as hell for OTA's and would be a distraction for CCA

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 09:24:28 PM »
Thats exactally what I was gonna say! as I said it would only be a OTA thing and as he said using flares as their bright as fuck itwould be bright as hell for OTA's and would be a distraction for CCA

Not every citizen is going to have flares on them.  I'd prefer night vision be kept to the OTA as most everyone seems perfectly fine with them being OP.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 09:25:52 PM »
i mean a flashlight would probably be enough, dont think anyone's been into detail on the power of flashlights in hl2 but im sure it'd be enough to at least fake a strobe and really fuck someones nightvision (tho make sure ota actually rps it and doesnt just shoot them)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal