Author Topic: [03/16/14] HL2RP Update #2  (Read 9612 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [03/16/14] HL2RP Update #2
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 04:39:28 PM »
whatever happened to having a supply room that was restocked daily
If you are talking about the armory in the nexus, we have exactly that.
That is the whole reason why MPF HC has wages and lower ranks do not. So they can restock the armory and buy any additional weapons if needed (Because weapons are not stocked in the armory due to obvious reasons.)
Any lower ranks can just take their loadout from the armory, or ask their HC for something if something is missing in the armory.
If we're gonna go crazy-ultra-seriousness about it, lower-ranking units should get an, albeit smaller, paycheck as low-ranking patrol officers can't just waltz into the armory and take shit, at least where I live. They need to requisition stuff before they take it.

Perhaps have a supply requisition sheet/datapad file?
what if you guys had a sort of logistics and supply person whos duty is to keep supply stocked and give units stuff they need like a supply officer irl? Could even rp getting new uniforms and stuff.
Who in the world would want to sit in the armory 24/7 giving out loadout to everyone?
High command does this like I said. Not a single person. Just whoever is available currently.

This is also why I want C45 back. Because there we at least had a lock on the armory that only high command knew. And thus everyone had to ask them to get something.

i dont see why we cant just have containers in the armory that are scripted so only specific ranks can actually open them to get the contents inside, so if it is decided that we go to another map and not city 45 we still have something secure and also wouldnt rely on having to remember a code for a lock

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 04:45:21 PM »

This is also why I want C45 back. Because there we at least had a lock on the armory that only high command knew. And thus everyone had to ask them to get something.

You file a request to logistics to stock these items, then they inform the unit when their item is in stock in the armoury, they go and get it.
No one has to loiter there.

Unless someone needs a gun quickly, then you have a cabinet that's password locked for emergencies and logs the unit taking the weapon. et cetera
have a nice day :)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 06:28:00 PM »
Who in the world would want to sit in the armory 24/7 giving out loadout to everyone?
High command does this like I said. Not a single person. Just whoever is available currently.

Actually that code was simple to get a hold of.  Its just you got threaten with a permaban if you released it.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 04:50:39 PM »
The idea of limiting paychecks is good in theory, but its not very practical with our community. It will probably function as intended for a few weeks but eventually we're going to run into situations where low ranking units are on and don't have the supplies needed to ICly do their job because no one has been on that's responsible enough in HC to restock the armory properly.

We usually wind up running into these sorts of problems when we have someone's ability to RP in a certain fashion to be reliant on someone else. I'm fine with no paychecks for recruits but if we're going to be realistic about it, 04+ should get some sort of paycheck.

By limiting paychecks like we have now, we're trading a system where someone can asspull a shipment of paper for a system where no one can spawn anything without someone else who is deemed to be "responsible" allowing it. It may sound good, but its only truly good if those people don't get sloppy or lazy with it. Basically, the HC units now need to check the supply of items daily and make sure that everything is well stocked. Given our past history for doing rations for citizens, I'm not so sure that will be done for very long.

We will see though, I may be proven wrong.

Have a shop entity with a combine console model to dispense various supplies for X amount of tokens. Problem solved as far as lack of restocking goes. Either way works just as fine. Weapons and ammo, however, can be dispensed by actual HC units. Basic necessities such as radios, zipties, food, steroids/paracetamols/whatever, bandages, biogel, etc can be dispensed from the console shop entity.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 07:14:51 PM »
use a npc merchant and change his model to a cca console

nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 01:24:19 AM »
use a npc merchant and change his model to a cca console

nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This right here would probolly be the easiest and quickest way to do it in the meantime until someone comes up with a better system.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal