Author Topic: Vincent Stalton's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Vincent Stalton's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 08, 2014, 03:04:18 PM »
Vincent Stalton's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Airborne1st

IC Character Name: Vincent Stalton

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
Vincent Stalton has a desire for self preservation and is tired of scrounging for food and struggling to survive as a mere citizen in City 18. He is young and as spry as one can be, given the circumstance and feels he is wasting away his youth. He desires recognition, something he never had in his past. Being relatively shy, he didn't stand out very much. Now, he intends to change that and become someone new with a new mission in life.

Vincent knows joining the MPF will bring food, shelter, knowledge, and maybe even some new friends into his life. He is becoming desperate for these basic life necessities as the days pass in City 18. Vincent can't imagine his future becoming any better by standing by the wayside and going in the same direction he has been. For his own sake, and for the chance of living at least another year, he wants to give joining the MPF a shot.

Other than means of survival, Vincent believes there is a possibility for a lucrative, bright future with this occupying force. A future much better than living as a simple citizen of the city. He has clearly seen the brutality of those wearing the uniforms and masks, but he'd much rather be on the other end of the stun stick. Vincent desires authority, prestige, and a purpose. He feels this new militaristic police force that has occupied this city is just the organization to get those things.  

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Serious, Selfish, Shy, Conscientious

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect the personal experience for me to be something interesting. It won't necessarily be a "new" experience since I had an old unit here before the server went down but this will be a chance to develop a new type of character and start over with different people to role play with.

The experience for my character will be full of changes I'm sure. Vincent is relatively shy but is bent on his own personal survival. As he progresses through training and learns the ideals of the MPF, he will change in some ways, but in other ways I expect his attributes to become even more enhanced, so to speak. For example, he will likely become less shy over time and learn to be more aggressive and voice his opinion, but his desire for self preservation may drive him to do his duty even better.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Vincent Stalton was born in 1990 in South Carolina, in the United States. He had an average childhood and had a strong interest in aviation. His dream job was to be a pilot. He didn't come from a very wealthy family, so college wasn't much of an option for him. This also meant his passion for aviation would never become a reality.

As he grew up, he developed a more serious attitude towards things and was often seen as being mature for his age. He was somewhat shy, and didn't approach people very often just to ask them to be friends. Instead, he was someone who waited for others to approach him. He developed more of a secretive lifestyle, often keeping things to himself that most people would love to go around telling others about. Because of this, the few friends he did have found him to be very trustworthy when it came to telling Vincent things they didn't want others to know about.

Vincent's teenage years were fairly average as well. He went to a public school where he took a few extra history classes, something that interested him. He began to develop a strong sense of self preservation for himself and his family. The more he studied history, the more paranoid he became about the government turning on its people or becoming too powerful, like that of ancient Rome. He never really expected the day to come where he would have to fight for his survival, but he wanted to be ready if it ever did. This wasn't exactly something he spoke of publicly, as he didn't want to be judged or thought of as a freak.

As he got into his mid twenties, a drastic change took place in the world. The Seven Hour War began and ended and now there was a strange militaristic force occupying the Earth. Vincent found himself separated from his family in the chaotic events that took place during the invasion. Some of his friends stood against these invaders, trying to fight back, but they were killed or captured quickly. Vincent chose to  pick his battles and this was one he knew he couldn't win. He went peacefully along with a fair number of others from his local city, into Combine custody where he was transported a long way from his home to a very dirty, decrepit city.

Vincent was now away from home, alone, hungry, and scared and in a city he didn't know along with people he didn't know. There was a new lifestyle to get used to. One of oppression and sorrow. His ideals of resisting an oppressive government soon faded and his ideals and need of self preservation took over more than ever. The events that took place in the past hardened Vincent emotionally, but made him more reclusive, as he felt the more he laid low, the better he could survive. He figured it was best to stay out of the spotlight, so to speak.

Although he felt just getting by as simply as possible was best, he saw how the local police force seemed to be in good physical shape. He knew they had food and shelter and training. He knew they were recruiting more and more members of their organization from the local populace and he saw an opportunity to better himself. "Perhaps I could get that aviation training I always wanted", he though to himself.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes, former CmD 938. Removed when the server was shut down in 2013.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
3 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
3 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
3 years

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT -5 (EST)

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
We did an OTA event in the outlands back in late 2012 where we had a transport that was carrying an adviser crash and we had to secure it and protect it until another transport could extract us and the adviser. It allowed the citizens to get involved as well, which was a lot of fun.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Vincent Stalton
CID: 79368
Height: 5'11"
Hair Colour Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 130
Mental Distinctions: Observant, notices small details.
Mental Defects: Sometimes overly cautious
Mental Advantages: Weighs pros and cons before acting. Very aware of his surroundings
Notable Qualities: Serious natured, strong willed, trustworthy

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
Food, water, shelter, and an opportunity for a new life with new experiences.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Vincent Stalton hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vincent Stalton's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 03:51:48 PM »
Accepted for interview

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal