Author Topic: what happened to this  (Read 2388 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
what happened to this
« on: March 05, 2014, 11:56:38 PM »

Garry's Mod Party: The Recreation Rules!

Important information about Garry's Mod Party: The Recreation:
GMod Party is a sort of lobby based on minigames. You can win stars which you can exchange to cash on our servers or coins for the store at the exchange NPCs. Fight other players in the many minigames to gain stars and spend your cash on other servers and the ingame store. - But wait, this is The Recreation! - The Recreation is a heavily modified version of GMod Party. The main goal of this recreation is to take GMod Party and make it even better and more enjoyable. A lot of new features have already been created and lots of them are still being developed. GMPTR brings new fun minigames, a massive store, different radio stations to listen to, actual events INSIDE the lobby and a lot more. GMPTR is aiming to make a "lobby" that everyone can enjoy. Gain new friends and gain great memories.

For more information, visit:
GMod Party - The Recreation - A big thread about GMPTR and Minigames that are/will be implemented in GMPTR.
GMPTR_Lobby Board - A board for anything regarding the GMPTR map created by Nicknero1405
Suggestions Board - In this board you can suggest new minigames or anything that you think will be fun and make GMPTR more enjoyable!

sure craphead is gone n all, but this gamemode looked really promising n i never even saw it open...couldnt someone else pick up on where he left off on? it looks like it would go big with the gmod community. i remember seeing videos of it n stuff.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: what happened to this
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:59:57 PM »
It was a nice concept then and still is now.  The only problem is "Who will code it?"  Wake is tied up with HRP, Stevo is working on CGRP, and Khub's only concern is HL2RP.  If one of these devs is willing to devote even more time into bringing this back, then all the more power to them.  However, I think it more likely that Alaskan will have to hire a new dev and, considering how no one really played on it back when it was in a semi-working condition, it doesn't really seem worth it.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 12:12:23 AM »
It was a nice concept then and still is now.  The only problem is "Who will code it?"  Wake is tied up with HRP, Stevo is working on CGRP, and Khub's only concern is HL2RP.  If one of these devs is willing to devote even more time into bringing this back, then all the more power to them.  However, I think it more likely that Alaskan will have to hire a new dev and, considering how no one really played on it back when it was in a semi-working condition, it doesn't really seem worth it.

I'm sure once HRP2 and CGRP come out donations will go back to the 1k+ a month, allowing waffle to have the money to fund the development of gmod party.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 12:29:08 PM »
I don't know.. The concept sounds nice just like back then, when GMPTR was up. Sadly, just like with all gamemodes not centered at roleplaying, the server was only populated in its first days and eventually died out. HRP and especially HL2RP have very intervention-allergic economies and the idea of purchasing money into those two gamemodes for some GMPTR points/score is in my opinion somehow dangerous and unlikely to be added, leaving basically no reason for an established HRP / HL2RP player to play it. A CG server without CG players won't get noticed by the new ones due to it being empty and so at the very bottom of the serverlist,

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 12:45:39 PM »
GMPTR died out pretty fast, and nobody really wanted to populate it again nor wait for hours until people eventually joined. I did like the idea myself although I think it should've been developed further. I used to play on Sassilization Lobby a lot, really liked that RTS gamemode.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal