Author Topic: HL2RP Character Reference Image  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HL2RP Character Reference Image
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:44:58 PM »
So I have the perfect image for my character lined up. The problem is, it's an image of a fairly well-known actor (Richard Madden; played Robb in Game of Thrones). So long as my character isn't based off of him, am I able to use the picture as my reference?

EDIT: Character nicknames require admin auths, right? But what if your character's name is Joshua and you want the nickname to just be Josh?
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HL2RP Character Reference Image
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:33:39 AM »
From what I recall, just using a character as a reference for looks and not actually being said person is fine. For example, I could potentially look like err... George Clooney, but that doesn't make me him at all, just similar by means of looks.

Basically, get a good back story, completely dissimilar name and you're fine to use it.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HL2RP Character Reference Image
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:10:33 AM »
So I have the perfect image for my character lined up. The problem is, it's an image of a fairly well-known actor (Richard Madden; played Robb in Game of Thrones). So long as my character isn't based off of him, am I able to use the picture as my reference?

EDIT: Character nicknames require admin auths, right? But what if your character's name is Joshua and you want the nickname to just be Josh?
As long as you dont either of the names its fine, you can say you look like this image but try not to do the exact features, change them slightly.

You can put the first name as Josh if you wish or just IC'ly tell people "i prefer to be called Josh".
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal