Author Topic: Samuel Wellington-Smith's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1185 times)

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Samuel Wellington-Smith's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 04, 2014, 01:01:42 AM »
Samuel Wellington-Smith's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Kiwiee

IC Character Name: Samuel Wellington-Smith

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
Samuel Wellington-Smith was and is alone in C18 and the Civil Authority gave him some sort of sanctuary in the harsh world that has befallen mankind. A few reasons give him the desire to apply;

1. Although the status and fate of Earth was predominantly the fault of the Combinational forces there was no point in fighting it. Nothing people can overthrow a mass-organized unit that conquered the world in only 7 hours and especially not what was left. This leads to a kind of "if you can't beat them, join them" scenario. They are the better people, they are close knit and obviously better looked after in the security of the nexus.

2. Since day one the organization of the Authority was far superior to any managed state that existed prior. The logistics is indeed admirable and something that anyone with the technical abilities of Sam would love.

3. The Productivity and Inspiration brought on by various propaganda and psychological programs leads Sam to become inspired to work and help for the "future and safety of C18"

4. From a perspective of a lone target, the safety and security that the CCA provide Sam leads him to become something important and something valuable. If he could help keep stability and bring safety and security to people who are in positions like him, he would be satisfied.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Educated - Sam had just graduated from a Electrical Postgraduate Degree (PHD) with Medically Inclined Research before the invasions and subsequent wars.

Meticulous (Persistent and a perfectionist) - Because of his once desired profession and as a little comfort in a hostile environment. Sam has a tendency to not only work at tasks well but also to a much higher standard than one would expect, with the drawback of time, of course.

An Eye for Detail - Sam at times is well prepared to scope his surroundings and can notice things that other people can't always see at first.

Cautious - Sam does tend to be a little resistant to following gut feelings at times because of the previous experiences that he has had. Speaking out is not his forte, but given time to become accustomed to his surroundings, he can preform well.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For me:
I expect it to be different from the previous times I've been in there. First of all from what I can tell the organization is different and for sure it's better managed from the start. I expect it to be much tougher than before and there to be much less emphasis on the ranks and ranking up as there is the immersion between them, the training, the depth of RP and the changes that Sam will go through while being put in this situation.
It will be a much bigger challenge than last time but one I will probably enjoy more.

For Sam:
Sam will expect the CCA to be a kind of haven, although he may be surprised at what he finds inside he expects there to be a well organized system and a somewhat friendly atmosphere between units, at least at the lower ranks anyway.
Sam expects a challenge in adapting to the CCA's Regime and internal affairs however he is confident that the training will help provide a stepping stone into becoming a key member in keeping the city safe from all forms of threats to stability.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Samuel Wellington-Smith, somewhat a loner in the world. He had no close family and little to no friends. But he was content with life.
Living in a small village in the British midlands, Samuel, or Sam, worked as a medical engineer for a private contractor dealing with the NHS. He had recently finished his Postgraduate Degree in medical research and was delighted that he had secured a job in something he enjoyed. During the day he would be in charge of maintaining various high-end medical equipment such as large imagers and AI controlled medical operation equipment. During the evenings he would return to his impeccably ordered cottage and enjoy an evening of television and a nice cup of tea. A somewhat pleasant way to live considering a brutal upbringing through high school and an array of events during his university years.

Sam had plans to move countries in a few years, He thought about Canada or Finland. He did appreciate the scenery a little more and hoped to find a similar work scheme. The problems came with the Portal Storms though. This turned his routine and planned life upside down and into disarray, confusion and fear. It took days until a completely routine life became a nightmare, the invasions began and the war took off not long afterwards.
Not many people knew what was going on, panic and terror was everywhere and officials were attempting to organize the few people that remained already. Fleets of huge house sized alien gunships were eerily hanging overhead all over the world, and smaller drop ships bringing their residences to the ground.
The British army ordered a complete retreat to the southeast coast of the UK only minutes after the fire fights began and everyone who was left was rushed out. Sam being one of the lucky few. He reached the coast at approximately 2.53AM and the journey was rough. Images of death, pain, fire were permanently left in the mind of Sam. Only 3 of the convoy of 40 vehicles made it.
The realization at this time was simple, no one knew what to do anymore. People were still rushing, running and screaming and the few vessels that were left were mostly small fishing trawlers, Sam was rushed and pushed onto one. “LOCKER” it was known. Seemed fitting for a small vessel in the ocean with no clear instructions.
The War was over in 7 hours, Sam’s vessel was captured and all civilians were held in “concentration camps” formed out of old apartment blocks over Europe for about a year. Rough life ensued and only the strongest really made it, even then they were beaten down repeatedly for their attempted survival.
Sam became a victim of human behavior, he became a target for those stronger and more brutish to obtain a healthier lifestyle. It became apparent that he had no power here, and with his food supplies becoming increasingly scarce because of the “goons”, he called them. He became weak, hungry, and bruised. He resorted to hiding, mostly inside.
It took some time but one day, the thugs that “managed” the apartment block just happened to stage their theft at the wrong time. As they were pummeling Sam as a guard, known to people as the Civil Authority, came around the corner.
That was the last time they the thugs were seen in that block, or at all on the streets of whichever European city he was in. Because of this, his food supplies came back. He became stronger than what he was, albeit still weak, the controlled rations were never enough but he now had sustenance.

The Civil Authority had become a safe spot for Sam, if he was near them, he was safe and well. He repaid their apparent safety with loyalty and became an advocate for the Authority, reporting what he could, when he could.
As the years went by Sam moved from city to city via a rail network operated by the authority that had taken the world. The Authority had begun expanding their enterprises and the cities began slowly opening up, small plazas were now available and people were selected to become ambassadors for the human race. Co-operation and freedom became much more real.
The Authority still provided the safety, and were, by now, a well-oiled machine. The protocols were followed well and Sam became impressed with their systems, strategies and ability to deal with “stability situations”. He aspired to become what had saved him. He still saw the problems, there were still situations that were out of reach of the current force and maybe, just maybe. If he could lend his hand, and lend his skills, he could reach those few that were missed.
Sam began his application with pace, but care. Everything was well thought of and everything was as well presented as could be. He cleaned his jumpsuit and, with a quick flash back to his old organized life. He looked at himself in the reflection of his room’s glass once more before proceeding to submit his work. All he could do now, is wait.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes, on the old server I had an 04 unit that scuicided because of the strain, a DvL which was removed for various reasons including my own stubbornness which I admit. I also had an OfC which was KIA and an 01.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
I have been for at least 4-5 years now.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
About the same time, at least 4 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since it's birth.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT (+0) however I may be moving to canada within the next 6 months.

5. In what country do you live?
GB, again, CA maybe within half a year.

6. How old are you?

7. What's your most memorable quality RP experience?
Quality? It came when I was an EpU with 713 and although kind of jokingly, good old Flutterkarma decided it would be a good idea to mess around with a Headcrab launching SWep. The result turned into a full on event and I tasked two groups of units. The first to evac all civilians into their respective accommodation and hold. The second was to secure a perimeter around the Nexus and contain all infectious Necrotics. The operation was running smoothly until I was hit with a canister in my near proximity. The result left an 02 in charge with sociostability and an 04, 03 and 01 tended to my injuries which involved two prosthetic limbs being attached on my left side and a partial skull re-shaping. The result left me out of action for 7 or so OOC days.

I was impressed with the skill of RP, the immersion of the medics and the overall quality of the people involved.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
At times I have a solid opinion, but I do listen and can at least concede if nothing else.

IC Section

Full Name: Samuel Wellington-Smith
CID: 1589
Height: 5' 10
Hair Colour Golden
Eye Colour: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 167
Mental Distinctions: Responsive Thinking, Persistant.
Mental Defects: Reserved Character.
Mental Advantages: Educated.
Notable Qualities: Observationally Adept

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No destinations on record.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes. My actions are to be accounted for solely by my own person.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To aid the Authority in it's bid to retain stability, and to continue to provide greater reach of the Authorities position and relations with citizens of their cities.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Samuel Wellington-Smith hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

EDIT: I added part 5) again regarding old units because for some reason the form didn't post the whole wad of text I wrote in.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 02:36:47 AM by [CA] KiwieeEh - Birthday LAN :D »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Samuel Wellington-Smith's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 04:32:29 AM »
Accepted for interview

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Samuel Wellington-Smith's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:33:10 AM »
Interview successful.
Accepted and whitelisted.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal