Author Topic: Nic Devereux's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1377 times)

Offline NRK

• View Profile
    • Awards
Nic Devereux's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 03, 2014, 08:30:52 AM »
Nic Devereux's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: NRK

IC Character Name: Nic Devereux

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
Nic used to be in a gang of hooligans. They were more of a nuisance than anything else to the people around them. Their transgressions rarely went above audio violations and non-UU food. Life for Nic was unsteady, dysfunctional, and petty, but nobody could discredit how much fun the posse seemed to have; every sentence was trailed with laughter. This squad of goons would holler at every living thing that passed their hang out spot in slums. People gawked, squawked, and everything in between, but after a couple seconds it was obvious that the group was harmless. And this is how the group spent their days under Combine occupation, and it wasn’t too bad for them.

On a particularly gloomy night, an unfamiliar group headed through the tunnel Nic’s group was loitering around. The dim light of the street lamp outlined this collection of men with some pretty oddball weapons. Even with how dark the scene was, you could tell by how these men carried themselves that they would appreciate being called at. The ruffians held their tongues as they passed through. It was only as they were going out of view, one of them looked at the others, fixed a smile onto his face, and said, “Watch this.” Before anybody could interject, the hoodlum yelled a dozen profanities at the others. The other group paused for a moment, and slowly turned around.

The hooligans didn’t know what the others were going to do and just sat there; a dear caught in the headlights. It’s only when one of them pointed towards them and said something in a different language did the better half of them start standing up. When the men raised their weapons and headed towards them, Nic began a sprint into the tunnel, away from the others. By the time he heard screaming, Nic had sprinted a distance between all of them.  Nic only stopped his sprint as he crossed the line between the slums and the rest of the city.

Muffling his pants for air, he went into the safest place he knew, the plaza. Sitting on a bench, he laughed at his brush with death and exclaimed that this would make a great song. Every unit Nic saw was greeted with a smile. He stood away from the slums for a while and hung around in the regular city. Not knowing anybody or of anything to do, he spent most of his time perfecting his craft – music.

Only after a few days did he realize that others were often eyeing him. He swore that those scoping him had the same demeanor of the ones he saw that night. A few hours later, he would insist that he saw a shank in a man’s pocket that was heading towards him. The man passed Nic after a unit passed his way, too. After that, he was sure he was going to be murdered that day.

Nic was resolved that he could escape his assailants if he joined the CCA. He wanted a crisp facemask, the badass uniform, and the pistol he would “Blast kids" with. But most of all, the CCA was a way to gain anonymity. “It’s like I’m part of an action movie.”

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Unserious - Nic doesn't take too much seriously, he doesn't hold grudges, jokes around, doesn't get mad easily, and generally holds nothing in high respect

Naive - But not in the regular sense of the word, Nic is naive into himself, he believes in things that are comfortable to believe in - like he holds the belief that "this whole Combine thing will blow over" or that he still has the chance to become a big name rapper

Unintelligent – Nic definitely isn’t the sharpest tool in the bunch

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Largely, I’m going to blind with no preconceptions. From what I’ve seen on the forums, there are a lot of things still on the table to talk about. Add that the CCA consists of only High Command; the CCA will be based principally on how they treat recruits and how the recruits act as fill in the void in the ranks. Until the CCA becomes concrete, I can’t really expect any specifics.

No matter what they decide at this point, I expect some fun, well organized, roleplay. For my character, I look forward to developing him as he gets churned through the gears of the CCA. I also expect Nik will make a lot of friends with all the other recruits. I personally look forward to sweeps, patrols, things that I haven’t experienced on the scale of CG. I look forward to be on the other side of the stun stick, and, SeC willing, facilitate roleplay. Most of all, I look forward to be in the faction the decision makers focus most on.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Nic Devereux was born November 20th in 1995, in New York City. He was born to a Jewish mother and a Protestant father. In his early years, he showed ingenuity in problem solving and science. He was pretty brainy for the length of his youth. Two things remained the same in his life before the Seven Hour War.

1) He loved rap and hip hop. Nic found out about rap from old CDs his father had stashed. He listened for hours at times the great artists from older generations. He would study their lyrics and how they were masterfully crafted to convey thoughts. These thoughts were untouched by other mediums, like how important friends are, the importance of wealth, and how alcohol isn’t a bad thing. Young Nic marveled at these colorful characters and their insights on the world around him.

2) He never had to seriously work for things in his life. Nic was born into a middle class family. He didn’t get everything but he had some spending money. Add his slight IQ advantage and Nic didn’t have to work too much in the early years of school. He got good marks in primary school, but began to curve off in the later years of it.

His parents were avid protesters. Nic remembers going to rallies and demonstrations left and right, but was never as fanatical about them as his parents were. He could claim that he went to the big ones like Occupy Wall Street and others. He disdains the memories of sitting on the ground and waiting for things to happen for hours and even days at times. As he was continually forced to spend hours and hours at these protests by his parents, he became growingly dispassionate about politics.

In middle school, Nic fashioned himself a rapper; not just a rapper, but the illest rapper New York had ever scene. His rhymes were legendary – like the famous rhyme of butt with hut. This middle schooler was clearly going places. He claimed that he would reach fame and fortune someday later in his life. His grades continued to degrade as he focused more on his rhymes most of the times.

Later, in High school, he was the founding member of an experimental hip hop group. The very first argument was on what they would call the band. They finally decided to go with ‘Baustralia’ and they were all happy with this decision. They all wanted their band to become a success and so they poured their hearts and souls into their first album ‘Down Under’. The album was set to release the summer before Nic graduated.

Nic only barely passed his third year in High school and by this time was on bad terms with his parents, but he didn’t care. He believed that what he was doing was more important because he was doing what he loved and shouldn’t be forced to do something he doesn’t love. He definitely wasn’t looking forward to the last year of high school, though, because he had been increasingly pestered by his parents about school.

A few weeks before the school year started, the album was released. Nic was over came with joy. The album was “moderately successful” and 9 sales! Rap history was being made in front of Nic’s eyes. Things could only get better from this point. They were going to sell more albums. They were going to get bigger. The world was finally looking up!

Nic thanks the Combine for coming before he had to go back to high school, otherwise “my mom would kill me if I failed.” But is convinced if they didn’t invade when they did he would became a very successful rap artist. It was only a setback, he’s certain that his rise to fame is an inevitability. For now, he believes the best mode of action is to continue practicing his craft and wait “for this whole Combine thing to blow over” so that he can go big. He’s also certain that both his mother and his father are still alive and will be shown wrong when he’s a success.

Nic spends his otherwise uneventful days of Combine occupation with the company of a couple of cronies, a book of rhymes, and a vision of the future – completely blind of the past.

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
5-6 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
5-6 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
4-5 years

4. What Time zone are you in?
EST

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Mine is in TheKrusader post, he remembers more then I do since it was so long ago, the streamline version is - Create rebellion, destroy government, become government, destroy rebellion.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Nic Devereux
CID: 46218
Height: 5'10
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 165
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: A bit dull
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities: Easy-going, Friendly

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have been detained for an audio violation for yelling and a second time for having non-UU food.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To better use my life for the betterment of mankind!

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Nic Devereux hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
God Bless the Greatest Country on Earth

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nic Devereux's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 12:27:55 PM »
Pending. (Under review)

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »
Accepted for interview

Questions to be asked regards to audio violation and contraband infractions

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:27:14 PM »
Interview successful!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:39:56 AM by Khub »

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal