Author Topic: Ukrainian Conflict  (Read 10718 times)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ukrainian Conflict
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 03:02:45 AM »
I do have to agree that I still think Russia actually deploying troops in Crimea before it has seceded is rather unsettling, but doesn't surprise me considering how they reacted to Abkhazia and South Ossetia declaring independence.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 03:05:14 AM »
I do have to agree that I still think Russia actually deploying troops in Crimea before it has seceded is rather unsettling, but doesn't surprise me considering how they reacted to Abkhazia and South Ossetia declaring independence.

Yeah. But I do feel a bit hypocritical pointing fingers at Russia for it; I mean, we in the U.S. did that on a few occasions (Panama, Granada, Iraq/Afghanistan). Given the circumstances were different in those cases, but its not as if we haven't invaded countries without 100% precedent.

But eh, it's Russia right? Nobody likes them, so that makes it not okay! Right?

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 03:12:13 AM »
I knew someone was going to use that argument sooner or later  :-\  In every case, we had a reason to be there that affected our national security or the security of US citizens:  Panamian soldiers opened fire on a car filled with US servicemen and killed one of them, US citizens were studying at the local university on Granada, the Taliban government of Afghanistan was sheltering Al-Qaeda, and (false) intel suggested that Saddam was planning on selling chemical weapons to the Taliban.  I'm not about to lionize the US or any NATO country, but Russia has absolutely no reason to be deploying troops in Crimea, which is still considered the sovereign territory of Ukraine.

Offline ^0[GKBS] ^1Avo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 07:34:53 AM »
Doesn't matter what happens.. Obama is still going to get involved in it. He has to stick his nose in everything.

Thanks, Obama.

Catalyst Gaming

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal