Author Topic: Divisions and recruits  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Divisions and recruits
« on: February 08, 2014, 10:55:44 PM »
Way back, we had a large problem with divisions either having way too many people or way too few. I think, that instead of people just jumping on a division perceived to be "popular" we do this:

Each recruit is assigned a "class" This class is given a number. 001 for example.

CCA-C45.RCT.DIVISION.XXX, the recruit has a "class" which would be in his file. Pull that up you'd get something like

CCA-C45.RCT.DIVISION.XXX
Class 001
Trainings completed: 1

Trainings to do: (list)

The "class" does their trainings together, and graduates at the same time. At the end of their training, they are given an assesment and the class is presented to the DVLs of the division. Based on what they did best, instructor comments, and personal preference, they are to be selected by a DVL. Also, each division must have a quota of x amount of people in said division.

thoughts?

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Divisions and recruits
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 11:42:24 PM »
requires people to be on in unison

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 01:39:40 AM »
if you had multiple trainers and allocated a shift roster ooc'ly so for example i'm not expected to train everyday at 4pm or someshit all week and instead its shared between 4 people then it would work

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 06:51:47 AM »
I believe we tried something similar and decided it was not worth the effort. Instead just limit entrance to a division if it is getting too filled compared to the rest.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 07:07:03 AM »
Limit the numbers in every division except socio, have weekly/fortnightly applications for recruits.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 07:08:17 AM »
I don't really understand the idea here?
Do you mean recruits have to choose which division they want in even before they completed all their trainings? If so, then no... Training and experience as a recruit gives you a better view on all the divisions, hence allowing you to make a better choice after you completed all the trainings.

And indeed like Apex said, we'll just stop allowing new entries into a division if it's already to full.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 07:29:43 AM »
You're making it sound like in schools when your 10 where everyone lines up and people pick teams based on what they know about them. I don't really like it if thats what you mean
what

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 11:26:03 AM »
You're making it sound like in schools when your 10 where everyone lines up and people pick teams based on what they know about them. I don't really like it if thats what you mean

more like the NFL where they 'draft' who they think will be best for their division.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal