Author Topic: blackmarket flags  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
blackmarket flags
« on: February 05, 2014, 11:33:19 PM »
I'm assuming that light black market flags aren't going to just be given to every kid with a pocket full of cash this time around, or is that how it's going to work again? I'm curious as to how you guys plan to approach the tokens/v flag thing this time around, or if people have ideas.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Oh-Em-Gee

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: blackmarket flags
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 11:39:40 PM »
Giving v flags to gold members is sorta bad. Just because someone donates like 10 bucks doesn't necessarily mean that they won't abuse it. I think perhaps you should apply for it, although it should be harder to get than TT.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »
Giving v flags to gold members is sorta bad. Just because someone donates like 10 bucks doesn't necessarily mean that they won't abuse it. I think perhaps you should apply for it, although it should be harder to get than TT.

Nothing beats walking on streets paved with bleach bottles.  I've said this many times in other threads, but donators in general cannot be trusted any more than non-donators.  I think it should be whitelist only, where you have to make an application where you explain exactly how you are getting your merchandise into the city.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 01:38:52 AM by Hazard Time »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 12:01:19 AM »
Only issue is that if we take away donator privileges then people will be less tempted to donate. So instead of completely take them away, make it so once you are a gold member/vip/whatever you can apply for a whitelist, and only as a donator, nothing more nothing less. Gives you the opportunity to get v flags, which will entice people to donate, without shittyRP'ers getting them.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:25:20 AM »
if you make contraband flags donatable in any shape or form im not going to play, sorry

contraband related flags should either be allocated to organisations with the means or resources to obtain/produce such materials (same goes for blackmarket flags) and not given out like candy to individuals who ass spawn shit

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 08:45:38 AM »
I think certain items should be removed, along with the fact that the standard v flag shouldnt money every so often. For organisations that have the supplies, a separate flag that grants some money to buy the better items with
what

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 04:09:38 PM »
Make it applicable like it was before the server went down. Have people make an auth app for it and then let them do what they will. Natrually, if abused, they have it revoked. Problem solved. Donator only access to v flags is stupid, I'm sorry. And tbh, I'm not too sure people donate solely for HL2rp anyway.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »
Make it applicable like it was before the server went down. Have people make an auth app for it and then let them do what they will. Natrually, if abused, they have it revoked. Problem solved. Donator only access to v flags is stupid, I'm sorry. And tbh, I'm not too sure people donate solely for HL2rp anyway.
People make closed donations with waffle for in-game items and weapons.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 08:18:56 PM »
you either have to make it fair for everyone and set a standard and keep donations seperate from ingame benefits or you have to make it into a cash cow like last time

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal