Author Topic: Ration distribution  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ration distribution
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »
Previously, this was handled fairly poorly. (In my opinion). The evidence here is the fact that players had to ask in OOC for them, and the notorious reply  when anyone mentioned it in OOC.

[OOC:] John Bishop: Rations please?
[OOC:] CCA.IDK.12345: +1
[OOC:] Alex Mark: OMG NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT LONGER

Obviously when we had enough members online it was easy to organise and conduct, however there were long periods of time when there would be a low populated server and no way to get rations, so perhaps an idea would be to have an entity that spawns them (say 1 per hour), and also have the CCA issue them via RD, when there is enough units online.

Im sure the rest of you have ideas on a better way to deal with Rations, so please use this thread to discuss!

Offline This is Red

• The best color in the world is  not red.
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ration distribution
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »
One idea would be to have one of those automatic ration dispensers. It's kind of lazy and dumb though, sooooooo I think I can speak for others when I say please no.
oh

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 03:24:52 PM »
perhaps an idea would be to have an entity that spawns them (say 1 per hour), and also have the CCA issue them via RD, when there is enough units online.

Im sure the rest of you have ideas on a better way to deal with Rations, so please use this thread to discuss!

What i'm saying is one possibility is you have the spawner on the map (one verison has them in a train station) but also have them handed out like we used to by the CCA.

Offline This is Red

• The best color in the world is  not red.
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 03:50:32 PM »
perhaps an idea would be to have an entity that spawns them (say 1 per hour), and also have the CCA issue them via RD, when there is enough units online.

What i'm saying is one possibility is you have the spawner on the map (one verison has them in a train station) but also have them handed out like we used to by the CCA.

well that's what I get for skimming your message over

Allow me to pose a question though - if a player could just get rations automatically once every hour, why would they bother to get rations when the CCA start handing them out? Or in other words, what significance would there be to getting rations from the CCA as apposed to the ration-every-hour route?

While your idea is sound, I can't help but feel like it makes units handing out ration somewhat redundant. I feel like it would be better to have it like it used to be, but with more strictness on when to pass the food goodies out. Perhaps it's only me that feels that way though, so I may just be straight up wrong.

An idea that just popped into my head could be to make it so the auto-ration-machine-thing can be turned off when enough units are online so that could work I guess maybe I dunno
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:53:27 PM by Red »
oh

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »
As long as the CCA can still do distributions I don't mind other stuff being there as well..

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »
An idea that just popped into my head could be to make it so the auto-ration-machine-thing can be turned off when enough units are online so that could work I guess maybe I dunno

That sounds like a great idea to me

Allow me to pose a question though - if a player could just get rations automatically once every hour, why would they bother to get rations when the CCA start handing them out? Or in other words, what significance would there be to getting rations from the CCA as apposed to the ration-every-hour route?

With the CCA handing them out, the incentive to go to them would be additional roleplay, and where applicable, Loyalists can get their extra ration

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 05:35:43 PM »
I think the best idea here would be have an automatic one where you can get it every 4 hours or something but then the CCA can run them when enough units are about, to give both the CCA something to do and allow the citizens to get more stuff interact with each other etc. Getting rations from the cca would also not count towards the 4 hour timer
what

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 08:18:02 PM »
i still like the idea of making it mandatory for the CCA to roleplay shipping ration supplies to the distribution buildings or at least having to restock the machines

if they got slack at it picture two recruits being jumped by 5 citizens who split the rations they stole in profit in terms of food/water/tokens

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 08:27:25 PM »
Why not get set times for rations. IE Rations are every Sat, Wed, Sunday at _:__ PM/AM. So players can get on at a time they are able to, and receive rations. It would help with server population, still allowing the CCA/Citizen to roleplay.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 10:14:37 PM »
Why not get set times for rations. IE Rations are every Sat, Wed, Sunday at _:__ PM/AM. So players can get on at a time they are able to, and receive rations. It would help with server population, still allowing the CCA/Citizen to roleplay.

people won't keep up with it probably.

just have it automated. easier to keep track of. w/ enough units on, have it manually delivered and rp'd. 

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 11:46:54 PM »
i still like the idea of making it mandatory for the CCA to roleplay shipping ration supplies to the distribution buildings or at least having to restock the machines

if they got slack at it picture two recruits being jumped by 5 citizens who split the rations they stole in profit in terms of food/water/tokens

I can agree with this and would like it see it happen. But I wonder if anyone outside of the usual trouble makers such as you or Oz have the stones and skill to actually do it and get away with it. I kinda see it playing out as half the CCA armed with AR2's and APC's going to refill them because they can, but I'm sure I'm over exaggerating.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal