Author Topic: authorizations  (Read 19335 times)

Offline Mr. Pettit

Re: authorizations
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
Can just make a list of each person with auths and write a short summary of what it entails and sticky it on the forums. Any admin that auths it has the job of adding that.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 07:32:22 PM »
Idk I really didn't have a problem with the old auth apps because i had the most op shit but i earned it legitimately and auth'd
The only real restrictions on auths were on canon characters or knowledge of them which i don't think anyone should have access to for RP reasons anyways

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »
Can just make a list of each person with auths and write a short summary of what it entails and sticky it on the forums. Any admin that auths it has the job of adding that.

im sorry but while i'd love for this system to work, it's gonna end up to "talk to the admin that likes you best and get whatever you want", it worked exactly the same on tnb, it might work here if you need to get multiple admins auths but it could still just be "ask ur fav admins n get everything l0l" - if we do this i'd also want the admin(s) who authed it to write their names down next to the auth so if anything bs is done we can see

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 08:24:10 PM »
Personally I just like writing authorizations the old way. It seemed to work well, and if anyone needed to confirm if someone was authorized, and accepted it was a simple visit to the forums. The only problem I see with spot auths is that I could see people arguing over it, and about if it was actually confirmed by an admin or not. Then resulting in one person having to do the thirty minute steam search for the admin that may or may not have accepted it.
But that's the good part. If there's an issue with it, the person is more than welcome to try it on the forums. Just like bans. We don't have to sit there and argue over it. All we have to do is explain the ban and if there's a problem, they go make an appeal.

As for seeing if it was confirmed? I would say just open up the characters datapage and jot it down like we are supposed to for regular auths...

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 09:41:58 PM »

im sorry but while i'd love for this system to work, it's gonna end up to "talk to the admin that likes you best and get whatever you want", it worked exactly the same on tnb, it might work here if you need to get multiple admins auths but it could still just be "ask ur fav admins n get everything l0l" - if we do this i'd also want the admin(s) who authed it to write their names down next to the auth so if anything bs is done we can see

K but it was the same with the old auth system. If the admins loved you, then you'll have a high chance of getting whatever you want going in your favor.

This happened to me once b4...

I think spot auths are good but they need to be revised and for the chart to be far more extensive. Also have it so it takes TWO admins to accept a spot auth, no less.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 10:07:53 PM »

K but it was the same with the old auth system. If the admins loved you, then you'll have a high chance of getting whatever you want going in your favor.

I think spot auths are good but they need to be revised and for the chart to be far more extensive. Also have it so it takes TWO admins to accept a spot auth, no less.

spot auths are even worse for this, old auths required you to do work so even if you happened to get 2/3 people reviewing your app while everyone loved you it's be denied if you didn't work for it

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 10:44:43 PM »

spot auths are even worse for this, old auths required you to do work so even if you happened to get 2/3 people reviewing your app while everyone loved you it's be denied if you didn't work for it
Spot auths are objective. It doesnt matter how much an admin loves you, something will be spot authorized or require a full auth based on standing guidelines which, when followed correctly, should prevent abusable authorizations from being granted without proper review.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 10:46:15 PM »

Spot auths are objective. It doesnt matter how much an admin loves you, something will be spot authorized or require a full auth based on standing guidelines which, when followed correctly, should prevent abusable authorizations from being granted without proper review.

is there anything stopping mr soppy dick giving his friend any auth he wants, even if guidelines are there? whats stopping him just ignoring it other than other people spotting it and trying to call it out

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »

is there anything stopping mr soppy dick giving his friend any auth he wants, even if guidelines are there? whats stopping him just ignoring it other than other people spotting it and trying to call it out
Its no different then regular auths. The only difference is in the datapage where instead of saying:

Authorizations:
-ex military (forums)
-trenchcoat (forums)

It says:
Authorizations:
-ex military (forums)
-trenchcoat (spot: Statua)

If something doesnt look right, admins can reference what is said in there with forums. If an auth is not documented and the player says "oh cockmuncher gave them to me" then they need to get cockmuncher to add it in.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 11:09:36 PM »
so, anyone can give anyone an auth just because they say "yes" - in the old auths you had to actually write story about it and reasoning, if anyone tried to accept it when the app was dumb people would see

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 11:14:54 PM »
so, anyone can give anyone an auth just because they say "yes" - in the old auths you had to actually write story about it and reasoning, if anyone tried to accept it when the app was dumb people would see
for items that dont really matter like a camera or a dvd player and a tv, yeah. for items like a shank, they fall under a weapon so no

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 11:21:36 PM »
what about a cinderblock, is that just blunt?
seeing as we aren't industrial any more

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 02:51:30 AM »
what about a cinderblock, is that just blunt?
seeing as we aren't industrial any more
You could go and ask every single item in the universe and keep going on for years. But I think if you have the seriousness to play serious RP, then you would also have enough common sense to figure out yourself if something needs an auth app, spot-on auth, or nothing at all.

As for the cinderblock, I would say no since they are kinda common. And specially in old deserted places like S6 where buildings are somewhat destroyed anyway, there would be bricks all over the place.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »
the thing with spot auths is you will still need to spend about 10 minutes talking to them to determine if they've got it legit and are good enough to have it etc.

with people just giving auths to their freinds then thats up to owner/sa/whatever to make sure the admins aren't doing that and if so, demote
what

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
the thing with spot auths is you will still need to spend about 10 minutes talking to them to determine if they've got it legit and are good enough to have it etc.

with people just giving auths to their freinds then thats up to owner/sa/whatever to make sure the admins aren't doing that and if so, demote

its hard to spot this unless we enforce strict rules then whats wrong with normal auths anyway~

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal