Author Topic: authorizations  (Read 19414 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
authorizations
« on: January 14, 2014, 12:18:39 AM »
In terms of authorizations, how are these going to be going about in the new server? Is it going to be a similar way as before, is it going to be based more IC? Just curious as to if anyone has a stance on this, or if Rofl has an idea of what he wants to do.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: authorizations
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 12:31:35 AM »
the applications, at least at the start, should require decent detail before its accepted, especially for stuff that gives an advantage or helps in crime/etc type rp, but i think as time goes on if the playerbase can be trusted and generally everyone is serious then it should be made easier and easier for people to obtain passive items/benefits and also a little easier for more nonpassive stuff

like, generally, as hard/harder then it was before for the start, but slowly opening up to let more people get stuff, but still no ridiculous stealth suites and silenced snipers and bullshit

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 01:07:55 AM »
I dont think we need to change anything regarding the application, but I think wr should let people apply for some more things generally. The application itself is fine imo

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 01:20:11 AM »
I dont think we need to change anything regarding the application, but I think wr should let people apply for some more things generally. The application itself is fine imo

I second this. I don't really see much of an issue with the system that's always been used. At most, going a bit lighter of restrictions is the only improvement that comes to mind.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »
Id like to see the spot auths system i was talking about awhile back where admins could grant auths on the server right then and there based on a basic flow chart.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 12:46:38 PM »
No more authorizations please.

Reviewing that shit was so tedious, it just really did not need to exist.
Id like to see the spot auths system i was talking about awhile back where admins could grant auths on the server right then and there based on a basic flow chart.

This sounds okay, as-long as it's not ridiculous.

No. Bad. Shoo.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »
I like Statua's idea compared to our standard one from what I'm thinking. Could you explain what you're thinking more pls? Like prerequisites and what would need to be present.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 12:56:14 PM »
i honestly prefer the application way

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 01:01:07 PM »
At least with applications you can confirm that someone has the ability to do xyz.
Having things done in-game can easily be fucked up somehow.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 01:14:22 PM »
Well Statua says there's a process in which you'd have to go through, it's just in game rather than having to do it on the forums and type out a story. But that being said, I'm wondering what the process he has in mind is because it does seem very 'xyz' but it may not be that effective. You'd also have a lot more people bothering admins for authorizations and that could get overwhelming- That helped in a way to keep people away from auths because of the amount of work you'd have you put into it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:15:55 PM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 01:19:02 PM »
The spot auths still relies on the full application, however it cuts down on users having to write huge paragraps to obtain something as simple as a camera. Here's the flow chart and how an admin/player decides if they need to write an app or just get an online admin to jot down the auths in their detail sheet or whatever it's called:
Click to see the original size.

Yeah there's a number of boxes but the questions are straightforward and should take no longer then a minute to review with the player. This is an older chart and I haven't really revised it yet though so if something doesn't look right, I can change it.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 02:00:26 PM »
The spot auths still relies on the full application, however it cuts down on users having to write huge paragraps to obtain something as simple as a camera. Here's the flow chart and how an admin/player decides if they need to write an app or just get an online admin to jot down the auths in their detail sheet or whatever it's called:
Click to see the original size.

Yeah there's a number of boxes but the questions are straightforward and should take no longer then a minute to review with the player. This is an older chart and I haven't really revised it yet though so if something doesn't look right, I can change it.

the first question stumped me already on a number of things, i think it'd need better wording to be used

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »
I do like the application process, but for things like clothes or a crude weapon or other somewhat common supplies i do think that maybe they shouldnt have to create a full backstory and such, because that just seems kind of weird if you just want to get a pair of cargo shorts or something similar like that

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 06:26:57 PM »
I do like the application process, but for things like clothes or a crude weapon or other somewhat common supplies i do think that maybe they shouldnt have to create a full backstory and such, because that just seems kind of weird if you just want to get a pair of cargo shorts or something similar like that
Hence spot auths.

And yeah smt it will be worded and organized better if we were to implement it.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 06:51:46 PM »
Personally I just like writing authorizations the old way. It seemed to work well, and if anyone needed to confirm if someone was authorized, and accepted it was a simple visit to the forums. The only problem I see with spot auths is that I could see people arguing over it, and about if it was actually confirmed by an admin or not. Then resulting in one person having to do the thirty minute steam search for the admin that may or may not have accepted it.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal