Author Topic: ota roster over elite units  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ota roster over elite units
« on: January 10, 2014, 03:18:21 AM »
I've been seeing talk of elite units and I think it's stupid as all you really need to run any operation in the city is around 3 emotionless ota units that have no relation to any characters at all. An elite unit will just become a glorified rank that someone will reach so he can go on raids. An OTA roster of 3-5 people is efficient and all that is really needed. Basically just a Vanguard squad equivilant to the half the player base of  the one ozjackal had controlled, it's already impossible for ota to lose.

e.g

<:: Threat Containment and Asset Protection ::>
x - UU.OTA.VANGUARD-E.00000 - Squad Commander

x - UU.OTA.VANGUARD-E.00000

x - UU.OTA.VANGUARD.00000
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:27:50 AM by Yak »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ota roster over elite units
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 02:34:37 AM »
The SWAT-like structure worked fairly well when I redid the group structure again but I never really got a chance to properly do a group assessment for the city map.

Elites weren't really different from soldiers - they were just there for backup leadership in case a squad leader was injured or KIA. I wouldn't mind giving OTA another run, personally. It would be good to see if it can be cleaned up and balanced more.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 02:49:06 AM »
I liked how you ran it Oz. Whenever it's going to be back pls you run it pls. Also there needs to be more structure to it, because most recently it consisted of a bunch of elements which never did their real designated job (Phantom doing Mastodon's job, that seal team 6 elite squad that used to do anything outlands, etc.) If there's more purpose and structure to the OTA that would be nice. From what I remember before I joined OTA was really 'strict' I guess.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 02:52:39 AM »
What were talking about is just having a small threat containment unit rather than unneeded divisons.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 02:55:38 AM »
Multiple small groups doing the same thing or just 1 small squad?

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 03:00:50 AM »
A single squad specifically trained in counter-insurgency operations is really all that's needed.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 03:02:54 AM »
a single squad, seeing as most things done were just a few people on vanguard whom were active

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 03:07:51 AM »
Yeah, that's good to me. Don't really need anything else.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 03:12:55 AM »
For all intents and purposes on the city server, yes, a single squad would only be needed. Outlands can definitely be shaved back down to one squad with maybe a small support team if it comes back but that would be something done only if the city server proves that it can hold a stable population.

Personally, I find it hard to justify having multiple squads performing different roles when city just isn't the place for large scale operations. 5 members in a raiding team can carry out 99% of tasks and have the CCA as a supporting agency.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:20:19 AM by o.g jackal »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal