Author Topic: Equality  (Read 4602 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Equality
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2014, 08:18:03 PM »
When he speaks of equality, he talks of illegitimate promotions that you cannot contest.
Not how your character feels in game.

This. I could CARE LESS what you do IC, I don't care if you call me names IC, because IC is IC. But when it goes into the OOC realm it should be a bannable offensve. Don't ban the people who are getting treated differently, ban the people who are DOING the act it. Such as the people who assmote females or treat them differently because of their vagina OOC'ly.

its already part of the admin rules and if a dvl who isn't an admin promotes someone just cause they're different (dunno how you'd prove this) then they should just be brought to their original rank and the dvl warned/told off/maybe demoted temp or whatever

it shouldn't be bannable, it really wasn't THAT bad

Take a look at challenge of death sex. Even other admins(i cant remember if it was warren or airbourne or both) but they agreed with me that 'she' was assmoted.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 08:53:41 PM »
When he speaks of equality, he talks of illegitimate promotions that you cannot contest.
Not how your character feels in game.

This. I could CARE LESS what you do IC, I don't care if you call me names IC, because IC is IC. But when it goes into the OOC realm it should be a bannable offensve. Don't ban the people who are getting treated differently, ban the people who are DOING the act it. Such as the people who assmote females or treat them differently because of their vagina OOC'ly.

its already part of the admin rules and if a dvl who isn't an admin promotes someone just cause they're different (dunno how you'd prove this) then they should just be brought to their original rank and the dvl warned/told off/maybe demoted temp or whatever

it shouldn't be bannable, it really wasn't THAT bad

Take a look at challenge of death sex. Even other admins(i cant remember if it was warren or airbourne or both) but they agreed with me that 'she' was assmoted.

and no one did anything about it because it was a girl

his unit most of the time was actually decent, a lot of it was assmotion but still no one did anything and no one really tried to get it fixed either, i dunno why this thread exists - favoritism is still bad and a dvl promoting his friends/people unfairly is also still bad and always has been but no one actually did anything about it, nothing needs to be done other than higher ups both in both ic and ooc ranks need to control it and watch out for it, that's all

i also edited my post twice but u still quoted the first version how interest

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 03:15:32 PM »
I think back in the day a few admins were guilty of roleplaying with only their friends. (Be it fellow admin or not) and I think it should be encouraged that they go out of their way to engage with the junior members of the community. An event here and there isn't enough interaction to pass off, but the ol' spending an hour of your evening in the apartments or in the plaza roleplaying, having a chat with the rest of the player base could really do the HL2RP scene some good (I think).

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 06:40:32 PM »
I think back in the day a few admins were guilty of roleplaying with only their friends. (Be it fellow admin or not) and I think it should be encouraged that they go out of their way to engage with the junior members of the community. An event here and there isn't enough interaction to pass off, but the ol' spending an hour of your evening in the apartments or in the plaza roleplaying, having a chat with the rest of the player base could really do the HL2RP scene some good (I think).

Being an admin shouldn't imply that you /have/ to roleplay with people. Admins should be there to make sure no one breaks the rules and that the server runs smoothly, I wouldn't expect anything else from them as that is their job. If an admin doesn't want to roleplay with you fine, but giving someone special privileges based on their gender isn't ok(which is the point of this thread).
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal