Author Topic: Equality  (Read 4607 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Equality
« on: January 09, 2014, 09:36:51 PM »
We all know how many males in CG treated females on HL2RP as goddesses, COUGH COUGH DAKOTA COUGH COUGH CHALLENGE COUGH COUGH. So I propose that we make it a bannable offense if anyone discriminates/treats someone unfairly/non-equally. Everyone should be equal, males and females, and it should be taken seriously. I'm all for equality for women and men, but CG seems to be going in the opposite direction regarding that. lookie at the cca

No one should get special privileges.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Equality
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 09:41:40 PM »
if I was more active I would've made sure none of this shit ever happened the first time. won't be happening, so don't worry about it.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:48:52 PM »
but nina lopez

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:57:08 PM »
I'm on the fence with this one.  While I think it would be ridiculous to ban people for sexism when racism and homophobia are accepted, it does get annoying when a female character can't walk the streets or go to a bar without having the majority of the male (and some of the female) population in the general area taking passes at them, and that's not even touching on the subject of lolrapists.  If anything, I would be fine if it should be a bannable offense to force Sex RP on someone who OOCly does not approve of it, like it is on the vast majority of Space Station 13 servers.

Misogyny aside, Dakota is the only individual that I know of at this community that received special treatment because he/she/it claimed to have a vagina.  As for Challenge, he was promoted to admin because he was generally a good admin, and despite the fact that he's a yellow-bellied liar now, I will give him the benefit of a doubt on that.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »
I would be fine if it should be a bannable offense to force Sex RP on someone who OOCly does not approve of it

fairly sure this is bannable here

idk why this even needs to be a thread or made a rule as if it was the admins fault for not having rules in place, when a collection of mostly young-mid aged teenagers sees what may or may not be a girl people seem to get wild, special treatment shouldn't happen and half the time it went the opposite way too with insults because the other half of that community can't handle them selves with a pair of boobs are in front of them

there shouldnt need to be bans or anything, gender shouldnt matter and shouldnt come into it at all or change anything it shouldnt need to be a rule either

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 10:55:24 PM »
no one should get special treatment in general fuck who gives a shit if its a girl only u nerds that cant get women irl do that shit

its annoying as fuck though when some nigger gets special treatment even if it's somebodys buddy just figure out what that's called and make a rule of it

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 10:59:28 PM »
I would be fine if it should be a bannable offense to force Sex RP on someone who OOCly does not approve of it

idk why this even needs to be a thread or made a rule as if it was the admins fault for not having rules in place, when a collection of mostly young-mid aged teenagers sees what may or may not be a girl people seem to get wild, special treatment shouldn't happen and half the time it went the opposite way too with insults because the other half of that community can't handle them selves with a pair of boobs are in front of them

there shouldnt need to be bans or anything, gender shouldnt matter and shouldnt come into it at all or change anything it shouldnt need to be a rule either

I'd love to live in that world where "gender shouldnt matter" but the reality is that it's going to happen and the only way to give equality to everyone is to put rules in place. A prime example of this would be the 14th amendment of the US Bill of Rights. I'm sure a lot of people wanted to live in a world were "race shouldnt matter" back in the day, " it shouldnt need to be a rule either", well it did need to be a rule because were would back rights be without it? It's not like this is some Utopian society no matter how much we want to believe "gender shouldnt matter", but its a fact that it does matter and that it does need to have rules in place.

Either way, roflwaffle kind of in a way "accepted" it so it doesn't matter much anymore.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 11:43:12 PM »
Harassment falls under common sense.  If someone is getting sexually harassed, they can report them to an administrator.  Done.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 11:53:23 PM »

I'd love to live in that world where "gender shouldnt matter" but the reality is that it's going to happen and the only way to give equality to everyone is to put rules in place. A prime example of this would be the 14th amendment of the US Bill of Rights. I'm sure a lot of people wanted to live in a world were "race shouldnt matter" back in the day, " it shouldnt need to be a rule either", well it did need to be a rule because were would back rights be without it? It's not like this is some Utopian society no matter how much we want to believe "gender shouldnt matter", but its a fact that it does matter and that it does need to have rules in place.

Either way, roflwaffle kind of in a way "accepted" it so it doesn't matter much anymore.

this is cg not a real life society with real laws and "gender roles"

women are the same as men online, some women choose to make them selves stand out - it doesn't matter

if an admin is giving ANYONE benefits/extra leniency/extra anything more than most users - it's not allowed, regardless of gender

this isn't about gender, it just happens to be the most common thing to make ur lil doodoo stand up in ur pants (or some peoples)

its really not about gender, it's not allowed either way

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 12:43:42 AM »
tl;dr version is everyone is equal and no one should get advanced privilages unless obviously they've really earned it, and not because of some stupid favoritism thing. I'm pretty sure this also means that if you mess up and get your unit killed, you arent going to get a new one because you're buddy buddy with high command

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 01:05:51 AM »
to expand on what i wat i said earlier & in shoutbox

3.    You may not abuse your admin powers in any way; this includes fooling around with your friends or people who are fine with whatever you’re doing. It’s not allowed, ever. Your powers are only there so you can make sure everything is running smoothly.

4.    Do not favourite people. This means do not teleport your friends around, and don't go easy on bans for them. Your friends are to be treated just as any other player. Failure to follow this rule will result in one warning and a demotion any time after that.

7.   Relating to both rules four and five, never take sides in any argument no matter who the people are. You listen to both sides and make the right decision based on their stories and any evidence provided of the incident.

literally just theres no reason to add a new rule when these 3 exist, doesnt matter if she has tits or if she has no sexual genitalia at all favoriting anyone for any reason isn't allowed and if theres evidence just make an admin aboose thread

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 02:02:51 AM »
Umm, this just falls to the admin team (whoever it may be). Shouldn't be a banable offense as long as the admins are monitoring the players etc. And as far as
I would be fine if it should be a bannable offense to force Sex RP on someone who OOCly does not approve of it.
If RP situations are getting out of hand and touching a more personal level it should be reported to a admin. Cause ^^^ that can (in some places) be a form of cyber bullying/cyber raping? XD either way op its for the admin team to figure out, which I'm sure they are making something in their rules etc etc.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 03:08:15 AM »
When he speaks of equality, he talks of illegitimate promotions that you cannot contest.
Not how your character feels in game.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »
When he speaks of equality, he talks of illegitimate promotions that you cannot contest.

This. I could CARE LESS what you do IC, I don't care if you call me names IC, because IC is IC. But when it goes into the OOC realm it should be a bannable offensve. Don't ban the people who are getting treated differently, ban the people who are DOING the act it. Such as the people who assmote females or treat them differently because of their vagina OOC'ly.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 08:16:21 PM »

This. I could CARE LESS what you do IC, I don't care if you call me names IC, because IC is IC. But when it goes into the OOC realm it should be a bannable offensve. Don't ban the people who are getting treated differently, ban the people who are DOING the act it. Such as the people who assmote females or treat them differently because of their vagina OOC'ly.

its already part of the admin rules and if a dvl who isn't an admin promotes someone just cause they're different (dunno how you'd prove this) then they should just be brought to their original rank and the dvl warned/told off/maybe demoted temp or whatever - it shouldn't be bannable, it really wasn't THAT bad

people are assmoted without being female or whatever it is you want to pin on them that makes it happen, so should all these dvls be banned now? it sucks but its happened before if theres a legit argument just talk to someone higher than them either in IC or OOC ranks

editiedietedit:

like i said before with admins there shouldn't be favoritism by anyone and making new rules to pin it onto "oh females cause people to favorite them!!" is just gonna be bad, even if we have to keep an eye out on leadership/admin/some players to make sure no favoritism is happening it doesnt need to be made a rule and a rule just for that kinda thing rather than general favoritism just looks really stupid
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 08:26:06 PM by smt »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal