Author Topic: Possible Changes to the CCA and OTA  (Read 6672 times)

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Possible Changes to the CCA and OTA
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 02:24:07 AM »
The amount of things we did in R&D were stupendous.  From little things like optimizing radio broadcasters and vaccinations to mass transit systems.  We need this back.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 02:32:42 AM »
The amount of things we did in R&D were stupendous.  From little things like optimizing radio broadcasters and vaccinations to mass transit systems.  We need this back.

i dont think anyone has an issue with it as long as it's just properly rp'd and not *today i realized how to cure every disease with this simple fluid pls inject to every unit*

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 02:45:36 AM »
I think the idea of r&d was kinda broken lol. Radio transmitters should be grid. Not Nova.

And yes smt that would be what it should be set to. When i was developing that torture drug, it was based off realistic theory of actual drugs.

Are we talking about the same r&d as I'm thinking of that was a subdivision of Nova which focused on biological research and medical development?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 03:00:39 AM »
I think the idea of r&d was kinda broken lol. Radio transmitters should be grid. Not Nova.

And yes smt that would be what it should be set to. When i was developing that torture drug, it was based off realistic theory of actual drugs.

Are we talking about the same r&d as I'm thinking of that was a subdivision of Nova which focused on biological research and medical development?

for me i think if we're scrapping the idea of augs then a lot of what r/d in both grid and nova would have to be change to make cca have less of a solution to everything by just researching it even if its based on real life stuff

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 05:51:54 AM »
its funny but most of the shit i saw coming out of r&d was retarded stuff like power fist gloves and retarded jumping leg things that made a unit jump from the ground onto buildings

if r&d came back, id really want that sort of shit cracking down on

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 06:11:41 AM »
its funny but most of the shit i saw coming out of r&d was retarded stuff like power fist gloves and retarded jumping leg things that made a unit jump from the ground onto buildings

R&D should only come back if exactly those things will not be made. Small scale stuff.. small importance, not overpowered stuff like they decided was proper stuff.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 07:43:09 AM »

R&D should only come back if exactly those things will not be made. Small scale stuff.. small importance, not overpowered stuff like they decided was proper stuff.

Well, why don't we have a thread detailing what the CCA needs, which can be updated by any HC Unit. An example could be that the Medical division needs a more efficient way of transporting wounded men so the R&D team design a portable stretcher that can fit into the Units storage webbing. Helps out the CCA but not really being anything more then a stretcher... unless someone goes crazy and adds some weird lighting rod thing that kills all the webuls while flying around transporting 10 units at a time.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 07:45:27 AM »

Well, why don't we have a thread detailing what the CCA needs, which can be updated by any HC Unit. An example could be that the Medical division needs a more efficient way of transporting wounded men so the R&D team design a portable stretcher that can fit into the Units storage webbing. Helps out the CCA but not really being anything more then a stretcher... unless someone goes crazy and adds some weird lighting rod thing that kills all the webuls while flying around transporting 10 units at a time.

Yeah, that's a good idea to prevent R&D from becoming dumb. Your example is also a good one for what they could develop.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 03:22:06 PM »

Yeah, that's a good idea to prevent R&D from becoming dumb. Your example is also a good one for what they could develop.

Im with him on this one.  Great idea, and yeah, lets prevent shit like super powers from being made.  Now Statua, Im speaking of when both Grid/Gear and Nova/Adrenalin had their respective R&D's, cause R&D is not just medical or mechanical.  There was a point where we were supposed to work together, but no one could be assed because everyone from grid hate nova and vice versa :/, I think I was one of the only grid units that ever spent time with other divisions.  And from what I saw, you were one of the few nova that did otherwise.  Also, another note, we need to keep an idea of a division that takes care of the "workplace" so to speak, like we had, BUT, instead of them being fucking obvious and shit, give it to random worthy units in random ranks and divisions, so that we have a REAL internal affairs.  No more of that obvious shit.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 04:02:17 PM »
The reason R&D in nova was specifically Biological Research and Medical Development (that was its name before someone took over) was because I dont want to see people who are jack of all trades scientists who know biology, chemistry, physics, nuclear engineering, etc. It seems a little OP. NOVA's R&D was intended to split it up and if divisions cant work together, internal affairs officers need to step in.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 07:36:20 PM »
i still think r&d should be made up of nurses and mechanics than nuclear physicists

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, 01:30:40 AM »
when raged and sometimes me started mugging units he got told to tone it down
i think if he gets the green light units wont feel safe

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 12:57:24 AM »
I always found that units were always acting like they were the following:

a) elite tactical snipers with all guns after 2 months of weapons training
b) buff champion fist fighters that could kill apes after 2 months of training
c) immune to bullets/knives/explosions/anything because of kevlar (because that's really realistic)
d) tactically advanced and can do elite formations and really beat everybody because i have training for 2 months

I mean, with the skills people had their units develop, it would take YEARS in real life time to learn. But units were getting to the position where they were extremely skilled doctors, who knew how to shoot very well, could operate like a Navy Seal in the field, and then fix a robot in their spare time. I mean, units in NOVA would have had to train for years before they could do what they do. People in GRID would have to do the same. And it's extremely unlikely that, just because you've been trained for a certain amount of time, that you're guaranteed to hit a moving target at x feet.

Basically, units were given supernatural, unrealistic powers. Metrocops are HUMANS, so they should be like HUMANS. We can't just learn how to lock on to a target and fire at it. We can't learn a surgical procedure (without practice mind you) in 20 minutes. Metrocops in HL2 were not expert soldiers/tactical teams. Sure, they had tactics and equipment, and more than likely some training. But in no way were they walking death machines. Often, CP's would make mistakes such as charging your position openly, or exposing their flanks. They fired from the hip, which doesn't key towards accuracy at all. They were more like a police force made for management, which we didn't have them as. We made them into an elite, oppressive, and robotic task force, which is what OTA was supposed to be.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 10:42:56 AM »

c) immune to bullets/knives/explosions/anything because of kevlar (because that's really realistic)
d) tactically advanced and can do elite formations and really beat everybody because i have training for 2 months

I mean, with the skills people had their units develop, it would take YEARS in real life time to learn. But units were getting to the position where they were extremely skilled doctors, who knew how to shoot very well, could operate like a Navy Seal in the field, and then fix a robot in their spare time. I mean, units in NOVA would have had to train for years before they could do what they do. People in GRID would have to do the same. And it's extremely unlikely that, just because you've been trained for a certain amount of time, that you're guaranteed to hit a moving target at x feet.

Basically, units were given supernatural, unrealistic powers. Metrocops are HUMANS, so they should be like HUMANS. We can't just learn how to lock on to a target and fire at it. We can't learn a surgical procedure (without practice mind you) in 20 minutes. Metrocops in HL2 were not expert soldiers/tactical teams. Sure, they had tactics and equipment, and more than likely some training. But in no way were they walking death machines. Often, CP's would make mistakes such as charging your position openly, or exposing their flanks. They fired from the hip, which doesn't key towards accuracy at all. They were more like a police force made for management, which we didn't have them as. We made them into an elite, oppressive, and robotic task force, which is what OTA was supposed to be.

Basically the point I was trying to make with my third topic.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 12:52:20 AM »

I couldn't agree with you any more.

"Basic Combat Training for all Military Occupation Specialties (MOS) in the Army lasts 10 weeks. Infantry and Armor OSUT lasts from 14 to 16 weeks depending on your soldier’s MOS."
( http://www.benning.army.mil/common/faqs/BCTfaq.html )

10 weeks, thats more than two months (just look at lone wander's post to see what I'm talking about). Even then for the more specialized soldiers it takes 14 to 16! And guess what! They are still only Privates after the basic training! I know people in real life who've been in an actual firefight, and contrary to what so many fucking HC/admins say about how "Oh you get cold on the inside and it doesn't bother you anymore", no, they are still people and one only has to look at the Vietnam war. So many people were diagnosed with PTSD, some of which were very severe. They didn't become "cold", they are still human with human emotion, which ALL UNITS ARE. It took a toll on them, but didn't make them somehow invincible to human emotion. It takes a very long time to become an NCO, but magically you can become a high command unit(similar to NCO ranks) in three months. Just go look at challenge of death sex. Never saw someone blast through the ranks so fast.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal