Author Topic: Preassigned Positions  (Read 9466 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Preassigned Positions
« on: January 05, 2014, 12:12:18 AM »
With this update if I'm not mistakes, waffle wants a fresh slate, which means we would need to appoint a few people to leading roles such as DvL's. CWU leaders, etc.

How do you guys want to go about doing this? I dont want to see every position filled by an admin personally. However I don't want to see positions being chosen based on forum rank either, rather knowledge and skill of the person.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Preassigned Positions
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 12:16:34 AM »
rather knowledge and skill of the person.

there isnt really another way, people who've done it before at some point or are experienced in leading that division are always gonna be the best choices, clean slate or not it's better than random people with no experience filling those slots

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:29:44 AM »
The appointments in High Command for the CCA is up to Rofl, as he is the temporary SeC. I gave him a list of people who have shown interest in leading specific divisions and my recommendations. He'll make a choice for that.

I'm not sure on CWU and city administrators.
Live free or die

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 03:29:57 AM »
We could have people apply and simply draw names from a hat
I slay demon and demonic accessories.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 03:42:48 AM »

and what if someone picked is too unserious or has no idea what to do at all
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:48:19 AM by smt »

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 04:06:26 AM »

Thats why they apply. Could screen using a quiz or through community.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 04:07:07 AM »

a quiz or community screening really doesn't give someone the experience or knowledge to run an entire divison

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 04:15:44 AM »

Again thats why we screen. To only put people capable into said hat. We wouldn't just put john doe in charge.

a quiz or community screening really doesn't give someone the experience or knowledge to run an entire divison

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 04:18:21 AM »
People with proven experience need to be put in senior positions from which they can hold responsibility for the group and then eventually promote and delegate duties out to share the workload to members who get recruited ingame.

There isn't a need to, for example, put an Officer or an 01 in every squad to start off with but it is very important that senior leadership is there. The same goes for CWU, it only really needs a faction leader until it takes up more members who can be promoted later.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 04:54:37 AM »
The best course of action is what Ricky already did pretty much. Gather a list of potential people who show interests, and are capable of said positions. And let Roflwaffle make the ultimate decision on who gets what.

A good start is extremely important to get HL2RP going again. And really, only those with past experience should be good enough to make sure this good start will happen.

Later once everything is rolling for a few weeks, more positions in the HC will be filled up and perhaps replaced once other people have shown they have experience and knowledge for it.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »
The best course of action is what Ricky already did pretty much. Gather a list of potential people who show interests, and are capable of said positions. And let Roflwaffle make the ultimate decision on who gets what.

A good start is extremely important to get HL2RP going again. And really, only those with past experience should be good enough to make sure this good start will happen.

Later once everything is rolling for a few weeks, more positions in the HC will be filled up and perhaps replaced once other people have shown they have experience and knowledge for it.

Way to just take the cake there buddy.  Im with Ricky and nick on this one, give it to people who have interest, and know what to do, else we prevent the asston of problems the latest setup had.  The one that caused the whole thing to pretty much die anyways.  Its gunna take a lot of effort to get this rolling, so if we can get the ball rolling early, that would only benefit us more.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »
After talking with ricky, I have to agree. Though we want to get the community involved as much as possible so nobody's toes are stepped on, some things cannot be done that way. Leading roles will be ultimately decided by waffle.

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 04:05:32 PM »
So, if someone get's appointed an Officer position, and royally fuck it up, what will be the back up plan if such a thing happens? 

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 04:07:35 PM »
So, if someone get's appointed an Officer position, and royally fuck it up, what will be the back up plan if such a thing happens?

Have a potential replacement list.  Its kinda that simple really.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »
We should probably make sure we have more then 1 candidate per spot so if someone fucks up, there's a backup.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal