Author Topic: allow more weapons into the server  (Read 9342 times)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
allow more weapons into the server
« on: January 04, 2014, 12:20:17 AM »
~this is coming from the guy who led zealot and had to kill people with guns~

~i will use grammar~

Okay, so. The jest of this proposal is that in its entirety there was virtually little to no circulation of weapons in the economy within the city server during the later stages of CG HL2RP. The reason for this would've likely derived from the administration team not wanting minges to obtain weapons. Seems fair enough.

But when you look at the reality of things, and in particular a post-apocalyptic society that is ruled by an oppressive and dictatorial force that restricts what people can and what people can't do; there's surely going to be a large network of black market goods being exchanged on intercity and external levels. I'm not talking just about weapons but forbidden goods like chocolate or alcohol or pre-war goods that are virtually non-existent in the post seven hour war society. If people want something then there will be some form of organised crime willing to provide that service. So why shouldn't that include weapons? I agree that there should be some form of OOC weapon control in that I wouldn't want to see mass numbers of shotguns and mp7's being churned out and handed out like candy, but at the same time I feel that previously there was too much admin intervention in such matters.

I raise the point above of me leading ZEALOT because I was the one who had to deal with resistance operating in the city. As virtually nobody could obtain a weapon unless they had some affiliation with a known resistance group (eg, third eye) or administrators, practically anything that happened in the city warranted the justification 'resistance' rather than some petty theft or mugging or low time criminal. Realistically things wouldn't run in such a way, because organisations such as ZEALOT would be too occupied with dealing with terrorist like organisations rather than simple muggings. As a result your average civil protection officer would on a day-to-day basis deal with practically nothing and thus lead to the eventual conclusion of them becoming bored. Likewise, with the citizen faction of CG HL2RP, removing weapons removes a large variety of roleplay that can occur outside of the simple 'shotcop' that everybody immediately jumps to.

tl;dr
- introduce more guns
- guns make roleplay (ironically enough)
- not having things tipped 100% towards the CCA or 100% towards organised resistance makes the server more dynamic rather than having static gameplay with little to no unorganised events/situations
- restricting guns creates elitism

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: allow more weapons into the server
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 03:40:39 AM »
I'd like to see a full on black market run well and realistically in the city, yet for the sake of continuity and to keep zealot busy, will never fully die.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 04:20:49 AM »
I'd like to see a full on black market run well and realistically in the city, yet for the sake of continuity and to keep zealot busy, will never fully die.

i didnt plan on running zealot to ensure a black market would exist, however that's not going to happen if every man and his dog has contraband flags again and blackmarket flags were virtually non existent besides like ozjackal and one other

they should be issued to organisations that have the resources/means/motivations to produce the products
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:30:51 AM by thomas mason »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:51:22 PM »
By black market I don't mean just flags. I mean an entire faction/group running it with its own systems and stuff.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 03:26:24 PM »
By black market I don't mean just flags. I mean an entire faction/group running it with its own systems and stuff.

more weapons is gd but this really needs to be balanced, they cant just drop guns whenever they want, there should be like, a way to fairly limit it but not restrict it

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 03:52:40 PM »
Didn't we have a black market thing going with Kronic? I believe he ran a small shop where he sold stuff like contraband, and pistols for a very high price.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 04:09:22 PM »
Didn't we have a black market thing going with Kronic? I believe he ran a small shop where he sold stuff like contraband, and pistols for a very high price.

I don't think that ever got to be anything, it was just planned

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 04:33:35 PM »
I guess it could be a good idea to introduce more weapons and have less admin intervention with them, but if it gets to the point where it's similar to outlands, then pls no. If someone wants to RDM they are going to RDM, it's just going to happen. If they are truly destined on doing it, they are going to find a way to do it.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 04:48:52 PM »
One of the reasons that I liked the old HL2RP server was the lack of guns (kinda). Not everyone could threaten others for tokens or whatever, and it made some sense. I don't even know how one would get a gun inside of a City with Unit's Patrolling everywhich direction. However then there was the drawback, of those that had guns would pretty much just rule the P3 district, doing whatever they like. So lik 'smt' said, the distribution of weapons should be increased, but monoitored so every other new citizen dosen't get thier hands on one, and start to; 'Fuck-shit-up'.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »

yes but all he did was asspull them and say his "supplies will arrive in 2 days", i'm talking about actually roleplaying manufacturing the weapons and then having to relocate them to the city which is what i wanted to get going this time around with the server

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 09:27:23 PM »

yes but all he did was asspull them and say his "supplies will arrive in 2 days", i'm talking about actually roleplaying manufacturing the weapons and then having to relocate them to the city which is what i wanted to get going this time around with the server

I imagine the weapons would be shit-tier? At least until outlands comes around so the manufacturers can get better materials?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 10:28:34 PM »

I imagine the weapons would be shit-tier? At least until outlands comes around so the manufacturers can get better materials?

having outlands wouldn't have anything to do with it unless a pre-war weapons factory was recovered and put into working condition and it'd probably get bombed in a week

i was talking more like repairing pre-war ones or IC'ly raiding storage houses and hocking them off as new

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 05:10:28 AM »
I support this thread.

I know very well how weapons within the 'lolrebels' really defines elitism due to the fact it is/was extremely difficult to come by. So people aught to feel special if they had a weapon.

I really like the idea of some kind of black market organization that takes care of weapon circulation in the City. Although there still have to be limits because I don't want to see anyone walking around with 20 weapons on their back acting like a tank.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 05:18:41 AM »
im fine with more guns i just dont wanna see p1 turn into like late 80s compton or something

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 05:40:50 AM »
im fine with more guns and having guns in district 1 as long as people arent being extremely retarded with them like going around plaza shooting cps randomly etc like its some sort of gang war server or some shit

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal