Author Topic: allow more weapons into the server  (Read 9301 times)

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: allow more weapons into the server
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 09:42:55 PM »
Weapons shouldn't be restricted to any part of the city. That's un-realistic. Why wouldn't someone be able to draw his pistol in the plaza in case of life or death? You said that combine technology wouldn't let you pass a gun to the plaza? Can combine technology smell the weapons of someone that owns one? I don't think so, people can hide them and keep them safe from the combine (Not big weapons though, just the small ones). I don't know if this is right, but I was one of short list of people who owned a pistol and a MP7 back at the city. Never abused it and never took them out as I knew it dragged way to many attention.

The idea of a small small BMD system is pretty fine. There are always ways on getting stuff into the city and out of the city into the outlands. It's just hard, but it can be done. I don't see a reason to why BMD at the city were non-existent. Personally I never saw any BMD's at the city. Only experienced RPers should have the chance to try this BMD experience.
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2014, 09:46:26 PM »
Can combine technology smell the weapons of someone that owns one? I don't think so, people can hide them and keep them safe from the combine (Not big weapons though, just the small ones).

no but im fairly sure they at least have metal detectors

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2014, 09:53:07 PM »
im yet to see you guys run a metal detector checkpoint thus you dont
cca have unlimited resources, its very easy to say you atleast have anything

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 09:53:37 PM »
im yet to see you guys run a metal detector checkpoint thus you dont
cca have unlimited resources, its very easy to say you atleast have anything

because no one will rp it lol

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 10:08:20 PM »
Can combine technology smell the weapons of someone that owns one? I don't think so, people can hide them and keep them safe from the combine (Not big weapons though, just the small ones).

no but im fairly sure they at least have metal detectors

Yes they do but there are no metal detectors in each door... Besides, there should be ways to avoid metal detectors or X-ray things
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 11:46:17 PM »
if an admin intervened i'd rather it be for rule breaking issues like "you need a valid reason to kill somebody" than "you're not allowed a weapon in p1"

what if a drug dealer decided to go into p1 for business and he gets sprung and he goes for his pistol as a last defence and an admin sits there going "no you cant do that"

I believe their was one scenario were KMP tried to kill my Kyle Brown character in plaza, but due to the circumstances it was ok for me to use my MP7 in plaza(it was kinda by the D6 gate thingy on the old C45 map).

I think guns should be allowed in plaza, BUT ONLY if the gun holder is in a life or death situation/CP's are banging on his apartment door because they know whats up and yea.

well i mean, i'd rather an admin physgunned someone away who wants to pull out a gun and start randomly killing everyone in the plaza, but i'd not like an admin to do the same if it was properly rp'd, my point is more that knowing combine technology how/why would a gun even find its way into p1 and right outside the nexus, thats pretty unrealistic to begin with

RDM is against server rules so he'd get banned if he started randomly killing people, that simple.

When I mean no restrictions, I mean no restrictions. No on one condition bullshit. Let them take it out and get gunned down for being dumbasses. If they decide to RDM, they'll get banned. Simple. You never know if someone asked for the death of another and that other is in Plaza, thus bringing probable cause for their death.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 11:56:36 PM »
if an admin intervened i'd rather it be for rule breaking issues like "you need a valid reason to kill somebody" than "you're not allowed a weapon in p1"

what if a drug dealer decided to go into p1 for business and he gets sprung and he goes for his pistol as a last defence and an admin sits there going "no you cant do that"

I believe their was one scenario were KMP tried to kill my Kyle Brown character in plaza, but due to the circumstances it was ok for me to use my MP7 in plaza(it was kinda by the D6 gate thingy on the old C45 map).

I think guns should be allowed in plaza, BUT ONLY if the gun holder is in a life or death situation/CP's are banging on his apartment door because they know whats up and yea.

well i mean, i'd rather an admin physgunned someone away who wants to pull out a gun and start randomly killing everyone in the plaza, but i'd not like an admin to do the same if it was properly rp'd, my point is more that knowing combine technology how/why would a gun even find its way into p1 and right outside the nexus, thats pretty unrealistic to begin with

RDM is against server rules so he'd get banned if he started randomly killing people, that simple.

When I mean no restrictions, I mean no restrictions. No on one condition bullshit. Let them take it out and get gunned down for being dumbasses. If they decide to RDM, they'll get banned. Simple. You never know if someone asked for the death of another and that other is in Plaza, thus bringing probable cause for their death.

As long as a strict "No ruining PassiveRP" rule is put into place, so you can't just walk up to some guy selling books at his shop and kill him, then I suppose it would be ok...I dunno, I still don't like it.

Life or death situations, or with admin approval in other instances, is where I stand on the situation with guns in P1 and that's all I have to say further about the matter.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2014, 12:51:54 AM »
Don't restrict guns to certain areas, as thats just ruining the immersion/realism of the roleplay. If someone is going to be retarded enough to use their gun in a precinct full of units/cameras/citizens, then thats kind of their own dumb decision to make. If they break fearRP or some other form of rule violation, then an admin can step in and deal with that. But dont just automatically say 'Hey, you can't use this here before we don't want to have to deal with possible issues'. If they want to be dumb enough to use a gun in the plaza, then get killed for it, there's a good character they put effort into down the drain.

Also, if respectable/trustworthy people are the one's who are getting weapons, this shouldn't really be an issue we have to deal with. I'm sure that the kind of people we'd be allowing to have guns through this system would not just run into the plaza, pull out a SMG, and start shooting.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2014, 01:00:15 AM »

As long as a strict "No ruining PassiveRP" rule is put into place, so you can't just walk up to some guy selling books at his shop and kill him, then I suppose it would be ok...I dunno, I still don't like it.

Life or death situations, or with admin approval in other instances, is where I stand on the situation with guns in P1 and that's all I have to say further about the matter.

the only rule that should be involving guns is no rdm imo. how they use it, is how they use it. passive rp can be interrupted due to an assassination, that's part of the point of an assassination, it all depends on how desperate the person is.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2014, 01:13:51 AM »
the main districts in hl2 were not filled with guns and we're even further before that

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2014, 01:15:37 AM »
the main districts in hl2 were not filled with guns and we're even further before that

we're not sayingthey should be filled with guns, but there shouldnt be a physical rule that prevents people from bringing out guns in the main districts. The cca are there to deal with those issues, not the administration. If they break a rp rule somehow in the process, then the administration can step in, but other wise they should leave it

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2014, 01:27:23 PM »
This has really always been a general issue with administration. Not knowing when to not intervene. Unless server rules are broken, at no point should administration intervene in RP. We've said this thousands of times before the server went down and people are even saying it now. Just because you don't like a turn of events doesn't give you the right to put a stop to it. You're simply putting an unrealistic and unfair bottle neck on Roleplay. In Character is In Character. That's how it has always been and that is how it always should be.

If people want to take their weapons into P1, let them do so. They should know the consequences of their actions full well and be prepared to face them in the event of being discovered and at no point should they complain afterwards since it's their own fault. CCA getting mugged or kidnapped or killed? Well, obviously if that's happening then the CCA aren't doing enough to crack down on crime and they need to step up their game to prevent it from continuing. Stepping in OOCly for ICly means should always be a big no no. Having dynamic and mostly player driven environments is fun. Nazi dictatorships by administration where you need auths for doing everything is not.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2014, 02:50:58 PM »
You are all correct on letting trustworthy players obtain guns and letting them use them when ever they need to and anywhere they want. Its part of the combine roleplay to avoid this kind of disasters. Although, I do remember a loooong time that someone had a character named Clyde or Cycle something like that, the point is that he was a good RPer and people trusted in him... He had access to guns in the city but he went out of control, every now and then he used to go to the plaza just to randomly shoot at CPs with the excuse of -fighting the combine-

This kind of situations should be managed by the Administrator team and gun regulation should be managed by the Civil Protection.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal