Author Topic: allow more weapons into the server  (Read 9312 times)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: allow more weapons into the server
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 06:39:08 AM »
im fine with more guns and having guns in district 1 as long as people arent being extremely retarded with them like going around plaza shooting cps randomly etc like its some sort of gang war server or some shit

that would probably fall under an administration issue rather than an IC issue

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 06:41:41 AM »
im fine with more guns and having guns in district 1 as long as people arent being extremely retarded with them like going around plaza shooting cps randomly etc like its some sort of gang war server or some shit

that would probably fall under an administration issue rather than an IC issue

yeah admins would have to deal with that if it happens

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 04:35:24 AM »
Didn't we have a black market thing going with Kronic? I believe he ran a small shop where he sold stuff like contraband, and pistols for a very high price.
hl2rp-inactive owner selling guns for high price
yeah nah

i agree with a influx of pistols, but ensuring that not one group are the only ones able to provide such a service and will probably end up getting bribed not to supply x group.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 03:15:51 AM »
long as guns stay in p2, s6, whatever it's called on the map we use I don't mind having more then we had in circulation. regardless, they still need to be rare.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 12:45:33 AM »
Easy; just have people that can be trusted be given flags for that kind of stuff, and maybe make purchases of weapons, transfers, uses, etc, very noticeable in terms of logs. That way, any abuse of them stands out easily. Also, I think the administration keeping a close eye on things wouldn't be a bad idea.

But yeah, it seems way more realistic that there'd be some circulation of this kind of stuff.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 05:30:45 AM »
I just think weapons overall is a good idea. I mean looking back, people had applications for things like small rusty knives and shivs they made because of how scarce weapons were. Now if you were to do two things to get the best of the two, I think it would work:

1. Be more lenient with the weapons, add more than current "Vanilla" ones. Allow more to be circulated but make ammo even more uncommon (maybe). That way people don't go crazy with what they have, and they can also just use it as a threatening stick if they don't have any rounds to spare.
2. Melee / projectile weapons - Again, I don't know how this would work but it gives people defensive capabilities in the Outlands and City's non-patrolled areas. Things like knifes, shovels, bows, bats whatever. Could get out of hand- Don't want any Daryl Dixons running around with a bow.

Some on each page ---- (http://steamcommunity.com/id/ifenerv/myworkshopfiles/?appid=4000&p=1)    All of these FA:S ones are pretty nice and diverse. Shotguns and bolt actions require your to hit R each time to chamber a new round so that makes it a little more immersive and time consuming in an engagement. Also, almost all of them have attachments and modifications like different sights, silencers, stocks, ammunition amounts and so on.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:38:17 AM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 10:55:01 AM »
ic should be ic

if the cca is good at keeping weapons out of the city then there shouldnt be much guns in the city

ie. there are about like 5 guns in the city to start, two dealers (real circulation not ass spawns). cca looks for leads, finding guns and tracing them back to the source

it seems funner if theres a cause and effect dynamic system rather then just spawning guns

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 11:02:47 AM »
ic should be ic

if the cca is good at keeping weapons out of the city then there shouldnt be much guns in the city

ie. there are about like 5 guns in the city to start, two dealers (real circulation not ass spawns). cca looks for leads, finding guns and tracing them back to the source

it seems funner if theres a cause and effect dynamic system rather then just spawning guns

u can tell when bluff isnt high cos he posts stuff that makes sense like this

but its how it should be anyway, let there be a really small amount of dealers to set things off and some how allow very slowly more people to get guns through these dealers, admins should only need to step in if p2/whatever turns into a battlefield or if too many guns end up in p1 (i really dislike the idea of guns in p1 at all cause its just gonna bring problems and not much good rp)

but generally it shouldnt need ooc help or control as long as it's all done legit, if people are too obvious with guns then cca is gonna clamp down on it and the real effect should be that rebels/rebuls/anti-cca chars are gonna have less guns circulating, it should be straight up cause n effect and if you abuse ur guns and try mug cps 24/7 then the cca should increase their security and control over everything (which might finally give loyalists a reason to try and persuade people to be good to the cca so they are more free)

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »
I still don't think we should restrict places in where we can remove our weapons.

If people want to RP removing a weapon in the middle of plaza, let them get gunned down. Not your fault if they die. It's only theirs. Need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 04:49:12 PM »
I still don't think we should restrict places in where we can remove our weapons.

If people want to RP removing a weapon in the middle of plaza, let them get gunned down. Not your fault if they die. It's only theirs. Need to take responsibility for their own actions.

I agree with this. If you think stupid people remove your immersion to RP, how does an admin noclipping in and physgunning him away sound?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 04:52:49 PM »
well i mean, i'd rather an admin physgunned someone away who wants to pull out a gun and start randomly killing everyone in the plaza, but i'd not like an admin to do the same if it was properly rp'd, my point is more that knowing combine technology how/why would a gun even find its way into p1 and right outside the nexus, thats pretty unrealistic to begin with

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 07:26:54 PM »
if an admin intervened i'd rather it be for rule breaking issues like "you need a valid reason to kill somebody" than "you're not allowed a weapon in p1"

what if a drug dealer decided to go into p1 for business and he gets sprung and he goes for his pistol as a last defence and an admin sits there going "no you cant do that"

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 08:10:44 PM »
if an admin intervened i'd rather it be for rule breaking issues like "you need a valid reason to kill somebody" than "you're not allowed a weapon in p1"

what if a drug dealer decided to go into p1 for business and he gets sprung and he goes for his pistol as a last defence and an admin sits there going "no you cant do that"

I believe their was one scenario were KMP tried to kill my Kyle Brown character in plaza, but due to the circumstances it was ok for me to use my MP7 in plaza(it was kinda by the D6 gate thingy on the old C45 map).

I think guns should be allowed in plaza, BUT ONLY if the gun holder is in a life or death situation/CP's are banging on his apartment door because they know whats up and yea.

well i mean, i'd rather an admin physgunned someone away who wants to pull out a gun and start randomly killing everyone in the plaza, but i'd not like an admin to do the same if it was properly rp'd, my point is more that knowing combine technology how/why would a gun even find its way into p1 and right outside the nexus, thats pretty unrealistic to begin with

RDM is against server rules so he'd get banned if he started randomly killing people, that simple.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 08:14:42 PM »

RDM is against server rules so he'd get banned if he started randomly killing people, that simple.

obviously but i was responding to somone77, i'd rather an admin interrupted someone he knew/was very sure was going to rdm rather than let it happen even if its "more interruptive"

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 08:28:47 PM »
can we speak on ic not administrative duty

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal