Author Topic: Yet Another Police Car Suggestion  (Read 4567 times)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yet Another Police Car Suggestion
« on: December 28, 2013, 11:41:25 PM »
A few different options for vehicle replacements/additions.

Spoiler for The Crown Victoria:
So currently, our main police vehicle is this one, the 1997 Ford Crown Victoria.
Click to see the original size.
My suggested options to change this one would be:
  • A: The 2007 Ford Crown Victoria
    Basically the same as the current 1997 one. Only differences are a slightly different body shape and actual police rims on the wheels rather than civilian ones on a cop car, something I've always found a bit ridiculous.
  • B: The 2010 Ford Taurus SHO
    A more modern selection over the now-outdated CVPI, the Taurus is a fast and cool-looking police car that would fit OCRP just fine. I would prefer to see this AS WELL as the CVPI in OCRP, but it's up to you guys.
       Hey, it also has a Customs and Border Protection skin!

Spoiler for The SS Car:
Currently, the SS car is the Ford Crown Victoria undercover model, but it spawns painted stark white, giving it away to anyone even from a distance. Defeats the purpose of the whole "secret service" thing. Anyways, my ideas are:
  • A: Change the color
    Have a script set to change the color to either:
    • a random color on spawn, or
    • set it to black upon spawning.
  • B: The SGM Dodge Charger SRT8
    A fine replacement for the SS Crown Vic hearkening back to the Sickness Buffalo, the Charger SRT8 has police lights built in to the push bar on the front, but sadly nowhere else. However, that's its only downside; it outperforms the CV in almost every way possible, plus it looks nicer.

Adding all of these would put the Rockford Police Department's fleet at an impressive 4 vehicles, plus the SS car.
My ideas for their management:
  • The CVPI and Taurus should be regular+.
  • The Charger (not pictured) should remain VIP+.
  • The Explorer, talked about here, should be Gold Member-only, as planned.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:43:09 PM by Comrade Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Yet Another Police Car Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 03:13:13 AM »
Didn't I already make like 2 suggestion threads for this?
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »
This was already discussed. Theres quite literally no difference between the 1997 and 2007 crown vic other then the rims, grille and the interior. Probably not a big priority to change that yet. We already said we're throwing in the explorer for gm and switching the ss car to sgm's charger. As for the taurus, we might replace the vip charger with that to make things look a little more professional in the police force. Again that's not a big priority right now.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 01:42:01 PM »
This was already discussed. Theres quite literally no difference between the 1997 and 2007 crown vic other then the rims, grille and the interior. Probably not a big priority to change that yet. We already said we're throwing in the explorer for gm and switching the ss car to sgm's charger. As for the taurus, we might replace the vip charger with that to make things look a little more professional in the police force. Again that's not a big priority right now.
What was discussed was adding the Explorer. Pretty sure the Charger was never confirmed unless I'm mistaken.

As for replacing the police Charger with the Taurus, I'm down for that.
READY AYE READY

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 03:48:03 PM »
What was discussed was adding the Explorer. Pretty sure the Charger was never confirmed unless I'm mistaken.

As for replacing the police Charger with the Taurus, I'm down for that.
Not the charger being replaced with taurus... taurus replacing crown vic, then replacing charger with charger.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 09:16:48 PM »
The tarus wasnt discussed on the forums. Me and richard where talking about it. I havent really thought much into it.

As for our plan:

(REG) Crown Vic -> Stays the same for now
(VIP) Charger -> Tarus (if people like that idea, itl still be the fast car)
(GM) Nothing -> Explorer

(SS) Buffalo -> SGM Charger

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 09:41:04 PM »
Wouldn't mind if we changed the charger for the SGM charger and added the Torus (that needs a push bar by the way) and kept the SS with the unmarked Vic and a black unmarked SUV.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 09:47:58 PM by BH ??? ??½??????????? »
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline FanaticWarren

• ElitistFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »
I'll gladly do car scripts again if you need me too

System Specs
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core processor @ 4.6 ghz
RAM: AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB
PSU: Ultra X4 750W
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked + PNY GTX 550 TI for physx core

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Yet Another Police Car Suggestion
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 12:55:46 PM »
Wouldn't mind if we changed the charger for the SGM charger and added the Torus (that needs a push bar by the way) and kept the SS with the unmarked Vic and a black unmarked SUV.
The Taurus doesn't have a pushbar bodygroup afaik. I'll check when I'm back in front of my PC but I'm almost positive there isn't one.

If SS kept the Vic, please please please make it a black one. The white one is a dead giveaway.

As for SS being able to get a black unmarked Explorer... Well, the Explorer doesn't actually have lights be default or with a bodygroup; the only ones are giant, conspicuous lightbars.

Perhaps give them an Escalade 2012 with lights scripted but not actually visible on the model (ie, in the grille, in the rear window, etc)?

[Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:59:24 PM by Comrade Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 04:42:27 AM »

As for SS being able to get a black unmarked Explorer... Well, the Explorer doesn't actually have lights be default or with a bodygroup; the only ones are giant, conspicuous lightbars.

Have you even seen a real SS SUV? You don't see any lights at all till they are on. No Government tags, no nothing to make it look like anything less than a n SUV with tinted windows.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 09:13:15 AM »

Have you even seen a real SS SUV? You don't see any lights at all till they are on. No Government tags, no nothing to make it look like anything less than a n SUV with tinted windows.
I KNOW that. Have you seen the rest of the post? I suggested a black Escalade. I know for a fact the USSS operates Escalades as one of their dignitary protection vehicles, so...
READY AYE READY

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 07:15:49 AM »
The point is ANY car can be used for it, and I would rather see more than just easy to spot cars. I mean the crown vic is nice and all but you peg it for a cop or SS right when you see it. There could be a host of SS cars that we can just add light entities to.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 03:33:45 PM »
The point is ANY car can be used for it, and I would rather see more than just easy to spot cars. I mean the crown vic is nice and all but you peg it for a cop or SS right when you see it. There could be a host of SS cars that we can just add light entities to.
Why not allow the SS to drive their own cars?  They don't always have to be black... I mean it is secret service... it makes a lot of sense since it will be ANY vehicle.  There should not be sirens on an SS car seeing as how they are not emergency response units like police or fire and stuff.  The SS will normally be by the mayors side too.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »
Why not allow the SS to drive their own cars?  They don't always have to be black... I mean it is secret service... it makes a lot of sense since it will be ANY vehicle.  There should not be sirens on an SS car seeing as how they are not emergency response units like police or fire and stuff.  The SS will normally be by the mayors side too.
Have you ever seen a real SS vehicle? If something happens to the person that the agents are protecting, what do you think they're gonna do, get stuck in traffic while their protectee bleeds out? No. They're gonna drive Code 3 to get to a hospital before he/she dies.
READY AYE READY

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 06:25:26 PM »
So. Why don't we just have black Escalades for SS and put some light sprites in the front and rear windows. We don't exactly need an actual object for them to shine from. Makes them harder to recognize anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal