Poll

Do you want to change modpacks?

No
8 (53.3%)
Yes (Please post a modpack you would like added)
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 25, 2013, 10:54:33 PM

Author Topic: [12/21/13] Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft: Update  (Read 9755 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[12/21/13] Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft: Update
« on: December 21, 2013, 08:55:15 PM »

64.31.14.194:25565
The server is running on the Direwolf20 mod pack on Minecraft 1.6.4.

About
The server is running on the Direwolf20 mod pack using Minecraft version 1.6.4.

Installing
Download the FTB launcher from feed-the-beast.com. Open the launcher and start it up. Select "Direwolf20 1.6.4", create your profile, and click "Launch". It'll install everything for you.

For a more detailed guide on installing FTB, view this thread.

Whitelists
Removed. You no longer have to apply due to the multiple worlds that the server has.

Multiverse(Multiple Worlds)
The server now has 3 worlds: PvP, Normal, and Creative.

PvP
PvP is a free for all world. If you want to live in constant fear or you're into fighting players, join this world. The LWC plugin is turned off, so be sure to hide your base and items carefully.

Normal
Normal world is a regular build world. PvP is off, however you are still responsible for protecting your items using LWC. You have no restrictions with LWC, so feel free to lock your stuff even if you're 1 foot away from the chest.

Creative
Pretty simple: Creative mode. It's a flat world, PvP is off, and everyone is set to creative mode.

Rules
Rules have been updated.

• Treat all players with respect.
  • Never take matters into your own hands. If a player is breaking a rule, gather evidence and post a ban request here..
  • Do not hack and/or exploit. Use of any third party programs/objects is prohibited and will result in a permanent ban with no chance of appeal.
  • Do not ask admins for items. If an admin is caught giving you an item because you asked for it, both you and the admin will receive a long ban and the admin will be permanently demoted.

Enjoy the server. IF YOU ENCOUNTER A BUG, REPORT IT HERE.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 04:32:32 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [12/21/13] Catalyst-Gaming Minecraft: Update
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:45:52 PM »
no gregtech = huge mistake
I slay demon and demonic accessories.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 11:07:54 PM »
I can still add it, it's just that anyone that wants to play has to manually add it to their direwolf20 pack.

If enough people want me to change mod packs then I'll do it. I wanted the server to be at 1.6.4 for MCPC+ stability reasons.

Offline ReillyP

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 12:52:27 AM »
I can still add it, it's just that anyone that wants to play has to manually add it to their direwolf20 pack.

If enough people want me to change mod packs then I'll do it. I wanted the server to be at 1.6.4 for MCPC+ stability reasons.

no greg tech means you finish most things within a week, greg tech adds about a month of playability.

Do not add mods people must add, you will never get people this way

I slay demon and demonic accessories.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 06:54:11 AM »
Nice to see that it's back up, time to play some.

I'll put up a few suggestions myself, first of all, ultimate, because of gregtech. Most of us who played the server when it was up the past half year all used those machines and industrialcraft, and without gregtech, it's all done pretty quickly. Also, perhaps merge the pve and pvp world, so we get one world? At least for now, splitting up the playerbase might not be a good idea and hey, before, we had a world like that with no issues

Offline Xanawolf

• BoboTheDestroyer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 08:07:16 AM »
So whats different in this modpack than the one it was set up on before?

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 08:15:57 AM »
So whats different in this modpack than the one it was set up on before?
Newer Minecraft version, was more popular from what I researched, and MCPC+(A bridge between FTB and Bukkit so we can add Bukkit plugins. I will not run the server without bukkit plugins for administrative reasons) worked with it fine.

Nice to see that it's back up, time to play some.

I'll put up a few suggestions myself, first of all, ultimate, because of gregtech. Most of us who played the server when it was up the past half year all used those machines and industrialcraft, and without gregtech, it's all done pretty quickly. Also, perhaps merge the pve and pvp world, so we get one world? At least for now, splitting up the playerbase might not be a good idea and hey, before, we had a world like that with no issues
The problem with Ultimate is that it caused many problems on the backend server. A lot of things wouldn't register, so if you happened to use the item it would cause your client to crash. As for combining PvP and PvE, well, I wanted the worlds to be split. I want a world where you just survive and build just like playing singleplayer, then I want one where you have to be cautious of everyone around you. The reason it worked well last time was because not many people played it, and those that did were the type that just kept to themselves most of the time.

How would you guys feel about Unhinged? It may have a small list of mods, but it's on 1.5.2 which is good with MCPC+ and has Gregtech.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:36:25 AM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 09:20:27 AM »
Unhinged also seems nice, although let me just list 3 "main" modpacks that we've been talking about:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Direwolf, considered to be the easiest and friendliest, since no gregtech = machines are easier obtainable and stuff, and therefore also reaching end-game faster. Good for people who don't play much or are new to minecraft. Also runs the newest MC version so there's that for stability. Lack of gregtech also removes a bunch of really useful machines, such as automatic ones, and industrial multiblocks.

Ultimate, a mix. Has gregtech, so end-game doesn't come as easily, however also has addons that can be considered "cheat"-like, for example, mob spawner contraptions that can give automatic massive amounts of diamonds (hi nick), even though this is something that takes a while, it could be an issue if some guy decides to hand out diamonds like they were nothing. Also got a couple useful addons which the other packs don't. We used this one on the server a few months ago. Uses 1.4.7

Unhinged, harder than the above two. Has gregtech, and has none of the "cheat"-like addons. Lacks a couple nice addons (in my opinion) seen here. Also apparently has the mods set to "hardmode" meaning recipes for stuff should be considerably more expensive, and thus should extend the time to reach end-game by some. Probably considered the most challenging pack of these four. Uses 1.5.2

I personally prefer Ultimate, since it has a nice few addons such as gravgun and portalgun, but otherwise, Unhinged is also a very nice pack.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 11:12:04 AM by .apex »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 09:56:06 AM »
i would still prefer to use Ultimate even if its only at 1.4.7 but i can try Unhinged too

Offline Xanawolf

• BoboTheDestroyer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 12:13:40 PM »
The minimap is terrible i prefer Rei's Minimap that one was a lot nicer

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
The minimap is terrible i prefer Rei's Minimap that one was a lot nicer

we can't pick mods out or in, otherwise we'd have to make our own pack or have people modify theirs, which would be inconvenient

You can look in the other modpacks which ones have Rei's, if you really want it

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 02:35:43 PM »
Honestly. I really liked the Ultimate. It had some really awesome mods, such as Gregtech obviously. But also waypoints, a nicer minimap, soul forge, (The "cheat"-like thing that apex spoke about) and many more things.

Surely it has a few disadvantages such as (No bukkit plugin support?). But then again, every mod pack has their own advantages and disadvantages. It's just which ones you rather prefer over the other I guess...
And in my case, I prefer Ultimate over the others. :P
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »
Honestly. I really liked the Ultimate. It had some really awesome mods, such as Gregtech obviously. But also waypoints, a nicer minimap, soul forge, (The "cheat"-like thing that apex spoke about) and many more things.

Surely it has a few disadvantages such as (No bukkit plugin support?). But then again, every mod pack has their own advantages and disadvantages. It's just which ones you rather prefer over the other I guess...
And in my case, I prefer Ultimate over the others. :P
It's not that it doesn't have bukkit plugin support, it's that MCPC+ doesn't work well with it. Too many errors, stuff wasn't loading, etc. The server won't do well without bukkit plugins as we won't have multiple worlds, logging systems, etc. I won't run the server without MCPC+, either. It's not that I'm being a dick about it, it's just that server is too vulnerable to minges without bukkit plugins.

Also note that if we do switch modpacks, worlds will be remade as they contain stuff from Direwolf20 that aren't in other mod packs, thus causing errors.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:52:19 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 09:09:13 PM »
is there a possibillity that you can copy over my garden maze in creative if we do? Spent quite some hours on it, and it only has stuff from vanilla mc, so should be fine.

Offline Xanuch

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 10:34:11 PM »
I love the idea of the DW20 pack, using it all the time over any others. When it comes to PVP worlds, it's simply "lolmystcraft" to me. Just watch you all, I'll have the best base and only a single way IN!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal