Author Topic: Regarding the P90 and Five-Seven  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Regarding the P90 and Five-Seven
« on: December 07, 2013, 07:51:53 PM »
Simple suggestion.

Since the 5.7x28mm round, or rather, P90 and Five-Seven ammo, is armor-piercing IRL, have rounds fired by the P90 or Five-Seven pierce Kevlar vests in OCRP.

Thoughts?
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Regarding the P90 and Five-Seven
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »
Simple suggestion.

Since the 5.7x28mm round, or rather, P90 and Five-Seven ammo, is armor-piercing IRL, have rounds fired by the P90 or Five-Seven pierce Kevlar vests in OCRP.

Thoughts?
To be honest we need just a hole new gun revamp.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 10:48:41 PM »
Not really armor penetrating as much as have a tendency to over penetrate. It is a very small bullet with a lot of powder behind it, so it has a lot of force that would go through armor but wouldn't be great for stopping power as it would just go in and out of the target, even with armor. I recall hearing about a call where a Five Seven misfired at a range, went through the wall, through a guys shoulder, through the next wall and was never found. It is a really nice round for small guns like the P90 where it would be used for defense against targets with body armor but again I don't see a normal person having one, especially a full auto one with a short barrel where you can get the full potential out of it. As a special weapon for secret service against armored opponents it would be a nice rework to deal less damage but ignore armor, (even though every bit of mass it goes though would slow it and be damaged) I am kinda on the fence about it.. I do agree new weapons would be nice, but I don't want it to be the main focus as it was in OCRP when it was popular.
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 12:50:39 AM »
As a special weapon for secret service against armored opponents it would be a nice rework to deal less damage but ignore armor, (even though every bit of mass it goes though would slow it and be damaged)
That's what I meant. The Civilian Five-Seven and the SS Five-Seven and P90 should do the same damage but ignore Kevlar.

As for over-penetration, the RCMP conducted a survey and they found that the round got lodged in the target even with a NATO CRISAT vest.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal