Author Topic: War  (Read 9680 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
War
« on: December 06, 2013, 08:58:59 PM »
Well, there is a war RP server out there called Battlefield rp... not saying this is a rp server though...  Had an idea for something like TDM using scars, WAC and some sort of weapon pack... you probably are thinking "ded in weak"  well... it is a gamble yes... but to be honest, there are not many servers if any out there like the one I am proposing to you.  It would consist of either 2-4 factions, all classes are randomly picked to the player, along with commander position that can spawn the gear for the troops.  He commands the troops too.  On either side, there will be a commander and lower ranking troops.  There could be many theaters of this game mode, such as WW2, Modern day, Vietnam and so fourth.  Think of the fun that could be had with this.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: War
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 09:00:28 PM »
So, we're gonna make battlefield for gmod?

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »
Not battlefield.  War.... it sounds like it but its not.

Offline Melon Head

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 09:39:54 PM »

Lol, it kind of is just a BF4 ripoff

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:17:19 PM »

Lol, it kind of is just a BF4 ripoff
And BF4 rips off war... >.>  Do you not know the concept of FPS? WAR!  <.<

Offline Remilia Scarlet

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 12:15:54 AM »
I think we should name it "Call of the Battlefield". We will watch it become the number one played game mode on Garry's Mod. It's main Demographic will be 18+ but it will only attract small children. I will even write the first bit of code for it.

Out of Character for OOC:
namespace cob
{

Class Game
                      {
                        // NO!
                      }

}

Sorry, I only know C#, and even then my skills are limited to making RPGs (The Older Style).
Gregory Casavant: ((The HRP stew is missing something today, hmm, needs more admin.))

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 01:31:31 AM »
This wouldn't work.  Deathmatch and RP simply cannot coexist, even with admin supervision.  The one exception I will make is Wasteland or Life RP in ArmA, and that is only because the maps are dozens of square kilometers in area.  In a source game, the maximum map size is simply too small to allow two-four hostile factions to safely RP.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »
This wouldn't work.  Deathmatch and RP simply cannot coexist, even with admin supervision.  The one exception I will make is Wasteland or Life RP in ArmA, and that is only because the maps are dozens of square kilometers in area.  In a source game, the maximum map size is simply too small to allow two-four hostile factions to safely RP.
Did I ever say RP?  No... I said deathmatch.  I stated that an RP server gave me the idea though.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 04:31:43 PM »
Did I ever say RP?  No... I said deathmatch.  I stated that an RP server gave me the idea though.

In that case, everything that has been said in this thread against your idea sums up mine.

Also, there was once a mod that was exactly like your idea called "Empires".  It's dead now, but here's the link: http://www.empiresmod.com/drupal/

Offline Remilia Scarlet

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 04:36:07 PM »
This Empires, it looks good. Although it does seem exactly like Battlefield.
Gregory Casavant: ((The HRP stew is missing something today, hmm, needs more admin.))

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 03:57:27 PM »
I think we should name it "Call of the Battlefield". We will watch it become the number one played game mode on Garry's Mod. It's main Demographic will be 18+ but it will only attract small children. I will even write the first bit of code for it.

namespace cob
{

Class Game
                      {
                        // NO!
                      }

}

Sorry, I only know C#, and even then my skills are limited to making RPGs (The Older Style).

> uses ooc tags instead of code
> such pro coedr

but srs: I doubt it would work. You want war? Play CSS. People need a hook to play a game in gmod. This idea is too easily done in other games.

Offline Remilia Scarlet

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 05:19:28 PM »

namespace cob
{

Class Game
                      {
                        // NO!
                      }

}

> uses ooc tags instead of code
> such pro coedr

but srs: I doubt it would work. You want war? Play CSS. People need a hook to play a game in gmod. This idea is too easily done in other games.
CS:S is dumb and limited... I mean I play BF4 and stuff but you can do so much more with gmod...

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 06:22:16 PM »
CS:S is dumb and limited... I mean I play BF4 and stuff but you can do so much more with gmod...

Then play BF4.  Just because Garry's Mod is very...moddable...doesn't mean that it isn't constrained by the Source engine.  It simply cannot use maps large enough to support a combined-arms conflict on the scale of BF4.  Also, what exactly will a BF4 spin-off in the Source engine have over the original in Frostbite 3?  If this were made, I think people would simply pass it off as a cheap, watered-down, rip-off.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 07:39:32 PM »

Then play BF4.  Just because Garry's Mod is very...moddable...doesn't mean that it isn't constrained by the Source engine.  It simply cannot use maps large enough to support a combined-arms conflict on the scale of BF4.  Also, what exactly will a BF4 spin-off in the Source engine have over the original in Frostbite 3?  If this were made, I think people would simply pass it off as a cheap, watered-down, rip-off.
And yet you still seem to miss the point of this.... Since nobody here knows a thing about an interesting game setup that is not BF4... I'm going to have this closed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal