Author Topic: Parking tickets  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Parking tickets
« on: November 14, 2013, 06:01:20 PM »
Add a swep for police to issue parking tickets which become inventory items for the violator.  The violator cannot drive until the ticket is paid off.  To prevent cars that have been involved in accidents from getting ticketed add a system that stops a car that has moved after the driver gets out from getting ticketed. 

To add another element to the mayor's role allow the mayor to set the ticket prices instead of the cops.

I have a couple more in depth ideas

Option 1) If a person disagrees with the fine the mayor can "pardon" them and void the ticket.  OR The violator can "ask for a supervisor" and the police chief can pardon the ticket.

Option 2) The person can opt to decline the fine. (Although then people even with legit tickets could just deny it.  An auto-warrant system would not work because them non legit tickets would still punish people)

----------------------------------------------

This way when people illegally park instead of getting towed by a non existent tow truck driver (there are always none online.) There is a way to punish them.

I recommend allowing the mayor to set the ticket price instead of the cops.  Also I prefer option one above than option 2.

----------------------------------------------

PREVENTING ABUSE OF THE TICKET SYSTEM:

1) Any player abusing the system will receive a blacklist from the police job and a ban from OCRP.

2) A cool down between when tickets can be issued. (Lower cooldown times for VIP and lower for Gold)

3) See option 1 and 2.

4) The player must specify a reason in a text field when the GUI window for issuing a ticket appears.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Land Shark

• YOLO, SWAG, BIG MONEY!
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Parking tickets
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 04:27:44 PM »
I have to say "NO" because of the amount of times I have seen this abused.

I know that you stated "1) Any player abusing the system will receive a blacklist from the police job and a ban from OCRP." - but every OCRP ripoff and PERP server I joined with tickets, this was abused by minges every. single. day.

If someone hates your guts, wants to troll you, or you raided them yesterday, 10 minutes ago, etc - regardless of what it may be - they always end up ticketing your car.

I've been on both servers with a $200 solid fine... as well as servers with adjustable ones. When people fine you for $5363463 and force you to not get in your car any more... It blows. Hard. It also blows when people fine your car for just $200 when you literally did nothing and you HAVE to pay (Or talk to their friends to get pardoned)

There's just too much room for failure for me - since I've seen it abused so many times... Sorry :(

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »
Maybe requiring a certain playtime as cop + making it so admims could take this ability away(on first offense) would work. Used properly this would be a half decent moneysink and encourage proper parking etc
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »
tl;dr, could be done properly if what Rofl said was implemented.

[Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.]

READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 03:21:18 PM »
A think a good way to keep the abuse down would be to keep it a solid fine (~$100-200) and have all the money go to the government.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Parking tickets
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 09:12:09 PM »
A think a good way to keep the abuse down would be to keep it a solid fine (~$100-200) and have all the money go to the government.
Yes please. This, + what Rofl said = realistic ticketing.

READY AYE READY

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 04:23:09 AM »

I like this.  I hate servers that put money from citations in the players pocket.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 02:13:11 PM »

I like this.  I hate servers that put money from citations in the players pocket.
Cops make enough money as it is, the money should go into the gov.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Parking tickets
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »
Cops make enough money as it is, the money should go into the gov.
That's what he's saying -_-

READY AYE READY

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal