Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 2332 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Some suggestions
« on: November 07, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
So statua said to make suggestions, and I'm going to do just that.

On the polls there is a clear 70% "yes" to bring back 1.5 in its entirety. It was said that it won't happen, so heres my thought. Change the hud, rules, models, cars, map, ect as close as possible to what was in 1.5. Clearly the majority of the playerbase wanted it this way, anyone can view the polls. Anyone can say what they want, but it's cold hard facts that the majority of the playerbase wants to have 1.5, so why not make 2 as close to 1.5 as possible?  From there pay more attention to suggestions people have on the forums, having a private board with all the development is a horrible idea and ocrp2 is the perfect example of that. At least 75%(most likely more but I'll give you 75) of the development for ocrp2 was done in a private board and payed no attention to what the playerbase wanted, it was what the admins wanted, and CLEARLY that didn't work out. Just continue to update the gamemode with suggestions people have and I think it'll work out nice.

In summary, try to make ocrp2 as close to 1.5 as possible. Then pay attention to what people suggest and don't add things that people don't want.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »
Denied.

No im kidding. But seriously, what you're essentially saying is "just get rid of all the cool shit and bring back the old stuff because it worked before people got bored of it"

We are paying attention to what people are suggesting. Why do you think I started mass posting in all these suggestions? Because I want to get the community going and thinking about ideas for ocrp2's return. I totally agree with you on how OCRP2 development suggestions shouldn't have been private. I was in there and I didnt like it but someone wanted it to be super duper secret for whatever reason.

So, go suggest some ideas please. Ideas that would improve the game. If you think something is going to suck, ask about it. You might not be fully informed on whats being changed. The hud for example, is going to be redone and its going to look sexy for real this time. And no we aren't using that copypasta ttt hud.

edit

As for what you actually suggested, the rules would be a good idea however there would still need to be a few changes to be up to date. I dont think we have any records of it.

The hud from 1.5 is old and primitive. Why would you want that back when we can get whatever the heck kind of hud we want? Suggest some things for our new hud.

For the models, thats what the HD model thread is about. Post in there

The map. Rockford is fucking sexy. You just cant handle it. Lol jk rockford is not only a new map for ocrp, its a promotion tool to help us gain players when its released. we have some evil plans. But theres no way we're going back to evocity_v2

Everything else? I cant read your mind. Suggest suggest. Stop promoting your idea thats been shot down multiple times and think positive. Suggest some ideas man. We dont have mind reading powers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:30:40 PM by Statua »

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 07:21:29 AM »
Denied.

No im kidding. But seriously, what you're essentially saying is "just get rid of all the cool shit and bring back the old stuff because it worked before people got bored of it"

We are paying attention to what people are suggesting. Why do you think I started mass posting in all these suggestions? Because I want to get the community going and thinking about ideas for ocrp2's return. I totally agree with you on how OCRP2 development suggestions shouldn't have been private. I was in there and I didnt like it but someone wanted it to be super duper secret for whatever reason.

So, go suggest some ideas please. Ideas that would improve the game. If you think something is going to suck, ask about it. You might not be fully informed on whats being changed. The hud for example, is going to be redone and its going to look sexy for real this time. And no we aren't using that copypasta ttt hud.

edit

As for what you actually suggested, the rules would be a good idea however there would still need to be a few changes to be up to date. I dont think we have any records of it.

The hud from 1.5 is old and primitive. Why would you want that back when we can get whatever the heck kind of hud we want? Suggest some things for our new hud.

The map. Rockford is fucking sexy. You just cant handle it. Lol jk rockford is not only a new map for ocrp, its a promotion tool to help us gain players when its released. we have some evil plans. But theres no way we're going back to evocity_v2

Everything else? I cant read your mind. Suggest suggest. Stop promoting your idea thats been shot down multiple times and think positive. Suggest some ideas man. We dont have mind reading powers.
This. Cow needs to stop it. We don't want 1.5 back and I can guarantee that most people only voted "yes" on the poll because Abbott didn't have a "no opinion" vote.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 08:11:18 AM »
Denied.

edit

This. Cow needs to stop it. We don't want 1.5 back and I can guarantee that most people only voted "yes" on the poll because Abbott didn't have a "no opinion" vote.

if you can guarantee that then please provide some proof, if people had no opinion on it then they wouldnt have voted at all but ive closed the poll now and we've pretty much heard that OCRP1.5 will not be coming back so we might as well look ahead into the future and sort out OCRP2

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
Denied.

edit

That is so dumb I was about to slap myself in real life because of what I just read. You have ZERO evidence to support your claims, and even though the poll clearly showed people wanted ocrp1.5, you resorted to saying that the poll was inaccurate. Go make a different thread please because you have nothing of value to add to this discussion. I will reply to statuas post later today as I'm on my phone. Until you can provide actual proof, which so far you have 0, please don't bother with that nonsense.

Im not flaming, I'm being completely honest and stating what a think about this so please don't warn me or whatever.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »
-Edit-

Nevermind. Keeping it unlocked. But get back on topic. What I posted about the suggestions, can you give me some feedback on that please?

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »
Denied.

Who asked for all of that so called "cool shit"? Last I checked it was a select number of admins and the playerbase had really no say in it. I'm not saying some of the things in OCRP2 that were added, but all the things making it more "serious" like dispatcher having to communicate with the police from citizens was just not a good idea. It was far less effcient and more serious, which people didn't like.

That's great that finally after a few months what people are suggesting are actually going to get implemented. It just should've happened sooner.

"You might not be fully informed on whats being changed" And this is the EXACT PROBLEM that made OCRP2 turn out to be a total and utter failure. Because there was no communication as to what was happening with what was being made, and so people couldn't support/not support the things that were being done, so things people didn't want were put into the gamemode. Instead of keeping the new hud all secrect, why not open it to the public so they can pitch their ideas? Clearly having everything secrect didn't work last time, why would it work now?
edit

It doesn't have to be exact, just something similar. The current HUD on OCRP2 just looks dumb(Mainly the primary hud, like the part you see when you are just wondering around the city and doing random stuff), the old hud looked cleaner. It doesn't have to be exact, but something similar. Things that make squeals successful is building off of what made them successful in the first place, which the current hud isn't aimed at. Think about it, if Counter Strike turned into Call of Duty because Valve thought it would be better, do you really think people would buy it? No, because they want Counter Strike, not a pretty much different game. What I am suggesting is just something similar. Doesn't have to be exact, but something that has similarities.

I'll have to check it out sometime this weekend, I will comment on that later.

Changing maps didn't work last time, even when there was OCRP2 Lie and Semi-Serious and they had different maps, Lite was always more populated(But that could've been because it was Lite, which is completely understandable.) If rockford is going to happen no matter what, let us all cross our fingers that it will work because I won't believe it until I see it. Now, if things were changed around like the seriousness level and all the things I have mentioned in the past like 3 OCRP2 threads I posted in, then sure, rockford would probably work. But if you guys insist on not wanting to make OCRP2 similar to OCRP1.5, then god help us all.

I have been suggesting, and I'm pretty much saying the same things (like make OCRP2 similar to OCRP1.5) because that's really the only way to make it successful again. Already we can see how changing OCRP2 into a near different game completely destroyed it's playerbase. Why would keeping it like that help?

k i got around to it

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »
Replies:

That's great that finally after a few months what people are suggesting are actually going to get implemented. It just should've happened sooner.

I know and thank god. I'm glad Stevo is on the dev team now.

"You might not be fully informed on whats being changed" And this is the EXACT PROBLEM that made OCRP2 turn out to be a total and utter failure. Because there was no communication as to what was happening with what was being made, and so people couldn't support/not support the things that were being done, so things people didn't want were put into the gamemode. Instead of keeping the new hud all secrect, why not open it to the public so they can pitch their ideas? Clearly having everything secrect didn't work last time, why would it work now?

Lol by "you may not be fully informed" i meant as of right now, you might not know whats up. You, yourself. We're not hiding anything. Ask questions. We dont know what you dont know. The new hud has hardly any plans right now other then it will use the "injured, seriously injured, critical, etc" system instead of a 0-100% health. We want to know what you want to see on it first ;)

We dont need to hide anything. All that does is results in disappointment as we have seen so far. Hell in the to-do list for Stevo, we're waiting for community feedback before we start throwing ideas on it. Cept for obvious ones like weed denerfing, bugs, and a couple improvements.

It doesn't have to be exact, just something similar. The current HUD on OCRP2 just looks dumb(Mainly the primary hud, like the part you see when you are just wondering around the city and doing random stuff), the old hud looked cleaner. It doesn't have to be exact, but something similar.

Do you have any screenshots? I cant find any and we could use some reference to make it similar but, shinier.

Now, if things were changed around like the seriousness level and all the things I have mentioned in the past like 3 OCRP2 threads I posted in, then sure, rockford would probably work. But if you guys insist on not wanting to make OCRP2 similar to OCRP1.5, then god help us all.

We're switching to lite style with this update. And dont worry too much about rockford. I've got a plan for its release on the workshop to try and bring in new players. You'd be surprised how many hits a workshop item gets in the first few weeks of release. Especially if people like it. Thus far based on everyone's reaction who has seen pics of rockford, I dont think thats going to be an issue.

I have been suggesting, and I'm pretty much saying the same things (like make OCRP2 similar to OCRP1.5) because that's really the only way to make it successful again. Already we can see how changing OCRP2 into a near different game completely destroyed it's playerbase. Why would keeping it like that help?

But how do you want it to be similar? OCRP2 has pretty much everything OCRP 1.5 had. Suggest specifics. I dont remember what was changed exactly.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 09:45:34 PM »
Honestly... don't put it back to 1.5... keep it at 2 but revise crap, fix rules and nerfs and MAKE IT WORTH IT!  I 1.5 is pure crap compared to two when it first came out.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 02:42:36 PM »
Replies:

Lol by "you may not be fully informed" i meant as of right now, you might not know whats up. You, yourself. We're not hiding anything. Ask questions. We dont know what you dont know. The new hud has hardly any plans right now other then it will use the "injured, seriously injured, critical, etc" system instead of a 0-100% health. We want to know what you want to see on it first ;)

I don't like that, it's not as exact and it seems like a feeble way to try and make OCRP2 more "serious". Make an option menu where you can choose to have that or have 0-100%, it'll allow people more choice to have what they want and you are not forcing anything onto them, which was a big thing that made OCRP2 a failure, forcing things onto people.

We dont need to hide anything. All that does is results in disappointment as we have seen so far. Hell in the to-do list for Stevo, we're waiting for community feedback before we start throwing ideas on it. Cept for obvious ones like weed denerfing, bugs, and a couple improvements.

It doesn't have to be exact, just something similar. The current HUD on OCRP2 just looks dumb(Mainly the primary hud, like the part you see when you are just wondering around the city and doing random stuff), the old hud looked cleaner. It doesn't have to be exact, but something similar.

Do you have any screenshots? I cant find any and we could use some reference to make it similar but, shinier.

http://i44.tinypic.com/316vr88.jpg There's a link, read the chat too 8)

Now, if things were changed around like the seriousness level and all the things I have mentioned in the past like 3 OCRP2 threads I posted in, then sure, rockford would probably work. But if you guys insist on not wanting to make OCRP2 similar to OCRP1.5, then god help us all.

We're switching to lite style with this update. And dont worry too much about rockford. I've got a plan for its release on the workshop to try and bring in new players. You'd be surprised how many hits a workshop item gets in the first few weeks of release. Especially if people like it. Thus far based on everyone's reaction who has seen pics of rockford, I dont think thats going to be an issue.

With OCRP2 supposedly switching back to lite, it might work out. I don't really have much to say about this but let's just all hope that it works out.

But how do you want it to be similar? OCRP2 has pretty much everything OCRP 1.5 had. Suggest specifics. I dont remember what was changed exactly.

Cars, HUD, Rules, Models, Gameplay, ect so many things are different to the point that it's a near different game entirely. With OCRP2 switching back to lite it will fix the majority of the problems, so I'll have to wait until then to pinpoint exactly what I think is wrong in my personal opinion.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 11:52:38 PM »
Replies:

I don't like that, it's not as exact and it seems like a feeble way to try and make OCRP2 more "serious". Make an option menu where you can choose to have that or have 0-100%, it'll allow people more choice to have what they want and you are not forcing anything onto them, which was a big thing that made OCRP2 a failure, forcing things onto people.

With OCRP2 supposedly switching back to lite, it might work out. I don't really have much to say about this but let's just all hope that it works out.

Cars, HUD, Rules, Models, Gameplay, ect so many things are different to the point that it's a near different game entirely. With OCRP2 switching back to lite it will fix the majority of the problems, so I'll have to wait until then to pinpoint exactly what I think is wrong in my personal opinion.
Keep all models, cars, hud and such the same, change rules and such though.  As for content, it is fine.  Maybe a better hud though, I don't like the current one.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 02:02:08 AM »
Replies:

Keep all models, cars, hud and such the same, change rules and such though.  As for content, it is fine.  Maybe a better hud though, I don't like the current one.

"Keep all models, cars, hud and such the same" "Maybe a better hud though, I don't like the current one."

wat

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 03:20:45 AM »
Replies:

"Keep all models, cars, hud and such the same" "Maybe a better hud though, I don't like the current one."

wat
As you can read, it says maybe a better one, meaning keep it possibly... and i'm exhausted.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 07:39:44 AM »
I wouldn't mind a better HUD for OCRP, really don't like the current one it has, however a new HUD could be done a couple of updates after the first big one stevo does.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal