Author Topic: OCRP 2011/2012 Edition  (Read 18503 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP 2011/2012 Edition
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 06:54:12 PM »
but i dont think people understand even after the numerous times ive said it, this is not to replace OCRP2, its like runescape releasing 2007scape on seperate servers while still running their main game
but i dont think people understand even after the numerous times ive said it, this is not to replace OCRP2, its like runescape releasing 2007scape on seperate servers while still running their main game

yes

Don't add/remove models that were in OCRP 1.5 Keep it EXACTY the same, and if there are updates, be very very very careful with them and only add them if a lot of people support it. And by people I mean the regular players, not what the admins, devs, or owners think because the playerbase is what makes the community. I mean, look at Hrp. Tom has such a stick up his ass that he wouldn't add really anything that was suggested because he didn't like it. And then the population slowly dropped. Now that wakeboarder is coding for Hrp and actually cares what the community thinks (Ty wakeboarder) the population went up. Back to the Tom thing, he only added what he wanted even when no one wanted it(suggestions or whatever).

I dont want to sound like an ass but im just really emphisizing(I misspelled that I bet) the importance of listening to the community mo. Just mah two cents so yea.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 09:10:04 PM »
I'll be honest, I just want weed buffed.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 09:30:42 PM »
I'll be honest, I just want weed buffed.

I think we can all agree that everyone does. All people wanted was money and cars, and weed was the way to get there, but with OCRP2 it kinda fucked everything up...

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 02:58:43 PM »
Changing OCRP to gmod 13 might be a difficult process, also there were lots and lots and lots of exploits of the original OCRP, I think CrapHead solved most of that with the NetLibary thingy but yeah sure it would be refreshing to see a "classic" OCRP up and running (old kaz car scripts please)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2013, 03:35:47 PM »
Changing OCRP to gmod 13 might be a difficult process, also there were lots and lots and lots of exploits of the original OCRP, I think CrapHead solved most of that with the NetLibary thingy but yeah sure it would be refreshing to see a "classic" OCRP up and running (old kaz car scripts please)

well if we do OCRP1.5, crap-head somewhat converted that to work on Gmod13 before OCRP2 came out so we could possibly use that

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »

well if we do OCRP1.5, crap-head somewhat converted that to work on Gmod13 before OCRP2 came out so we could possibly use that
Just re-ballence current rules and weed... :/  Nuff sed
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »

Just re-ballence current rules and weed... :/  Nuff sed

this is not about OCRP2, this is about putting OCRP1.5 on a new server like 2007scape, tired of repeating myself

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 05:18:56 PM »
I'm not gonna lie, Crap-Heads original idea with OCRP2 was to nerf a lot and create a more stable and balanced economy. Though, I believe this was exactly the reason why OCRP2 died out.

I mean... Just look at this thread, other threads and the shoutbox how many people say they will play again by SIMPLY raising drug prices again.

But hey, if you rather want to keep money rare and therefor playerbase as well rare instead of just raising it back up and MAYBE also raising the playerbase with it, be my guest...
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 02:28:13 PM »
The only people who would really enjoy the balanced economy OCRP2 brought were the serious RP players.

Which comprises one percent of the OCRP playerbase.

Most people just want to buy cars and shoot shit, run businesses and not cry about getting robbed because they can make the money back with a few weed pots. The older OCRP varieties satisfied that.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 03:48:50 PM »
The reason everyone liked the easy weed money is because most of them were lite-rp players, who mostly just enjoy lods of emone, which there isn't really any easy way to get now. Even I'd admit that I liked it better that way, you didnt have to spend ages grinding money to get a half cool car. The gamemode was never serious RP anyway, so I can't see why we would nerf weed to the ground when it was really what everyone wanted, an easier way to get all those cool cars and shit

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 04:15:15 PM »
its funny how you admins now are saying you dont like the weed nerf but when i still had access to the ocrp2 private section everyone was supporting nerfing everything and making the gamemode more serious lol. i guess seeing is believing.

anyhoot, dont change ocrp2. keep it as is. just bring back ocrp1.5. like abott said, have two servers. one for ocrp1.5 and the other for ocrp2. dont just buff weed in ocrp2 and recall it 1.5, actually bring back 1.5 in its entirety with the latest update it was on(i think it was 13). have different boards for it too. one board for ocrp2, and the other for 1.5. keep them entirely different.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »
1.5 was dead back then, just like OCRP2 is now. Why would this be any different? There's a reason OCRP2 even happened.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2013, 04:43:34 PM »
1.5 was dead back then, just like OCRP2 is now. Why would this be any different? There's a reason OCRP2 even happened.

OCRP1.5 was dead because it was using a 2-3 year old database where most of the playerbase already had what they wanted.
OCRP2 lasted for a bit because everyone thought it would be fun and had a goal again. Though the amount of bugs and shit OCRP2 had ruined the playerbase. But if we were to add OCRP1.5 back but use the OCRP2 database or heck even start over with a fresh one? I'm sure enough people MIGHT be playing again.
I'm not saying they will, as I cannot look into the future nor can I read minds. But what does it hurt to try? It can never get any worse than this. It can only be better.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »
OCRP1.5 with a fresh database would be the best idea.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 08:55:07 PM »
OCRP1.5 with a fresh database would be the best idea.

This. Add more cars and different kind of drugs, like having a meth lab that can explode or something. More money sinks and more ways to get fast cash(like weed) would most likely suit it well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal