Author Topic: Halo  (Read 11029 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Halo
« on: September 27, 2013, 01:59:59 PM »
Well... heres something that idk if it has been done before... HaloRp, there are enough addons out there now that all we would have to do is get our hands on models, guns, and vehicles to make  a full fledge halo rp... this would be really fun if you think of it.  Two factions warring it out or war time life.  We could either have it kind of like harbor with it's darkrp routes or like HL2Rp.  also, WAC just released halo vehicles... pelicans, falcons, and hornets btw.  he stated that he will also be adding banshees and such also.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Halo
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 02:01:38 PM »
Well... heres something that idk if it has been done before... HaloRp, there are enough addons out there now that all we would have to do is get our hands on models, guns, and vehicles to make  a full fledge halo rp... this would be really fun if you think of it.  Two factions warring it out or war time life.  We could either have it kind of like harbor with it's darkrp routes or like HL2Rp.  also, WAC just released halo vehicles... pelicans, falcons, and hornets btw.  he stated that he will also be adding banshees and such also.
+Support. That's all I have to say.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Halo
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 02:31:18 PM »
As much as I love halo, I can't really say it could be made into a RP gamemode. What would you RP as? And what era of RP would you do it in? War against the Covenant, or against insurrectionist? Or maybe its before/after the halo saga? Just a few questions to think out.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 02:33:13 PM »
  Unfortunately, there are several things wrong with this suggestion that I can see.  First, a large majority of serious RPers that I know would absolutely abhor an RP server who's premise is war.  This isn't because they're liberal pacifists who hug trees; serious RP isn't about being a warlord/action hero who can wrestle elites with their bear hands or wipe out an entire Covenant platoon with a Hornet.  Serious RP is about character development.  The Halo universe doesn't have that much outside of endless action and firefights between Marines and Covenant.  We did get a glimpse of pre-invasion human colonies in Halo: Reach, but an RP server centered around that would be boring as all Hell until the Covenant finally invade.  As far as I've seen, Fallout and Metro RP are the best serious RP premises out there at the moment, but that brings me to my second truth that Rofl has clearly stated that there will never be another CG serious RP server.  Those of us who were around for the two years that our HL2RP server was up became familiar with the endless drama that resulted from relatively simple actions.  While I want another CG SRP server as much as everyone else, it's better if we just move on.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »
  Unfortunately, there are several things wrong with this suggestion that I can see.  First, a large majority of serious RPers that I know would absolutely abhor an RP server who's premise is war.  This isn't because they're liberal pacifists who hug trees; serious RP isn't about being a warlord/action hero who can wrestle elites with their bear hands or wipe out an entire Covenant platoon with a Hornet.  Serious RP is about character development.  The Halo universe doesn't have that much outside of endless action and firefights between Marines and Covenant.  We did get a glimpse of pre-invasion human colonies in Halo: Reach, but an RP server centered around that would be boring as all Hell until the Covenant finally invade.  As far as I've seen, Fallout and Metro RP are the best serious RP premises out there at the moment, but that brings me to my second truth that Rofl has clearly stated that there will never be another CG serious RP server.  Those of us who were around for the two years that our HL2RP server was up became familiar with the endless drama that resulted from relatively simple actions.  While I want another CG SRP server as much as everyone else, it's better if we just move on.

With that said, it will most likely be a form of dark RP or something lite, but not near dark RP. boarder line ocrp perhaps. (in the level of seriousness)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 02:36:38 PM »
cant ever see a halp rp server working and i doubt we'd ever have another rp server let alone halorp

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 05:17:31 PM »
HaloRP I couldn't see. But a red vs blue tdm gamemode? Or grifball? :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »
HaloRP I couldn't see. But a red vs blue tdm gamemode? Or grifball? :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Or not RP at all, how about Gmod halo, we have WAC vehicles and such where it is Covy versus UNSC, kind of like TDM but with more variety.  But I would love to see some form of Halo RP.  Would not mind the TDM with vehicles and guns though.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »
Grifball is the fucking shit

And a large reason why hl2rp had so much drama is because a lot of the admins caused it lol
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »

And a large reason why hl2rp had so much drama is because a lot of the admins caused it lol
everyone caused drama in hl2rp, intentionally or not. it's part of the game.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 10:09:51 PM »

everyone caused drama in hl2rp, intentionally or not. it's part of the game.

look at the high ranking cca members, like cmd and secs, and dvls

they were admins

think of all the butthurt the cca caused

and the cca was run by admins

lol

while i agree regular players caused some drama too, in my opinion i think admins caused a big thing in it

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »
Ok let's stop going off-topic and return to the main suggestion.

Personally, I don't think we need another RP type server. I'd like to see more arcade type gamemodes added.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 12:09:13 AM »

Personally, I don't think we need another RP type server. I'd like to see more arcade type gamemodes added.

halo grifball

grifball is the best thing to ever happen to halo

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 03:45:50 AM »

halo grifball

grifball is the best thing to ever happen to halo
Or Halo, Fretta style, we have 3 gamemodes. Griffball, TDM, Air suppority.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 07:35:02 AM »
Hi, I think as someone who has, what I think is a large amount, of knowledge of Halo PC modding, I can inform you that the role play community of Halo CE is dying quickly, the game was not made for it. We have some ideas for RP games but they won't be happening soon.

As far as game modes such as Grifball, they haven't been successfully recreated in the first Halo game, I know this because I was on a team attempting to develop it. With recent additions such as Open Sauce, it's possible but I've not made a map in about 4 years so I don't think I could pull it off.

I'd like to point out for a minute that CG has a Halo CE server running, which it has been since about a year ago. Problem is, no one actually wants to play it. It's a nostalgic game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal