Author Topic: Spam Archive  (Read 14646 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Spam Archive
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
The anxiety thing is a whole different story. I'm talking about the people who have a hard time with socializing IRL but have friends online who give them that social fix. Whether you want to believe it or not, the online world is considered a social atmosphere. It may be different then IRL socializing but hey, if society could understand that different doesn't mean bad then we wouldn't have these problems.

Lets take 2 people for example. John and Jane:

John has no friends at school because he has a speech impediment. Why? because society is an asshole. However, he has made friends online through IRC. Though people at school are assholes to him, when he goes home, he is happy to chat with his pals and shoot some noobs in BF3.

Jane also has no friends at school. She has an issue with her metabolism and depression just makes her eat more. Again, society is an asshole IRL. However, unlike John, Jane's parents dont think the internet is healthy and refuse to let her use it. Instead she sits alone in her room day after day reading goosebumps and falling deeper into the well of depression.

The moral of these 2 scenarios is this. The internet is a new social environment that gives people a second chance to live happy lives. We have rules about flaming and other forms of cyber hate and try to enforce them whenever possible. We have a suitable atmosphere for these second chancers. Why would we want to destroy it?

Because CG isn't a therapist and talking is only 90 percent of communication/socializing.

And back to the whitelist, that's why people like that wouldn't be allowed in spam. Someone like, let's say, wakeboarder would be in charge of whitelisting because I think we can all agree he didn't get burnt in spam and never really went in there in the first place. And like I said, you wouldn't be able to post in it, only view it.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 02:42:23 PM »
Why would you want it back then? You know the crap that went on in there wasnt very nice and I wouldnt consider it glory days either. Unless you have some sick desire to look through the threads of people getting harassed, there's no need to be in there. The only way I would agree to opening it again to anyone is if you cut off everything post rule revoke since before then they were actual semi-intelligent fun threads.

And you're right, CG isnt a therapist. But its not a battleground either.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 03:48:23 PM »
This entire thread is just a huge excuse so that YOU can get access to something that doesn't even exist for the past months or so. (Can't even remember how long ago it was.)

Spam has been removed and ever since the community is so much better. I'm not just saying this because I was one of the few who got 'burnt'. I'm saying it in general.
So why would we even want it back? Read only or not. It's just really stupid and is not going to happen.

And even IF, you won't be whitelisted anyway.
So if that is the case, if for example you know before hand that you won't get whitelisted, you still want to go on with your suggestion? I doubt it, as the only reason you made it is because of your own good and that alone.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »
i personally wouldnt mind seeing my old spam threads again but it probably wont happen again unless mr roflwaffle chow master wants to make it read only for my birthday :):):)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »
i personally wouldnt mind seeing my old spam threads again but it probably wont happen again unless mr roflwaffle chow master wants to make it read only for my birthday :):):)
I'd like to see my threads from before the chaos. Like the HL2RP vs OCRP comparison lol. Or all the pony threads. Those were the true glory days of spam.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
"hurr i have access to the spam archive and can see all the shit and you cant"

No. Spam was REMOVED for a reason. Not locked. Not hidden. Removed. It caused too much drama and will never come back in any form, viewable or postable.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal