Author Topic: HRP Downtime  (Read 11692 times)

Offline Tyrion The Anal Explorer

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HRP Downtime
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 03:11:06 PM »
Yea, don't worry, Catalyst-Gaming isn't going anywhere. We're working on some new things that were on the back burner but just got pushed ahead.

Possibly a new gamemode?

Post Auto-Merged: August 30, 2013, 03:24:33 PM
Just because you 'pay' for the development doesn't give you copyright ownership.
If a work is made for hire, the employer or other person
for whom the work was prepared is the initial owner of the
copyright unless both parties involved have signed a written
agreement to the contrary.
It wasn't a contract job/hire, nor was I employed at CG. Rofl is under 18 even, so that's not even possible.
This doesn't apply at all. Not to mention all the money that he owes.

Since you weren't technically hired, does he owe you anything now? hm...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:24:33 PM by Flamez »

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline Remilia Scarlet

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »
Seeing as how I can't play OCRP, it looks like I am done with Catalyst-Gaming for now. I had a good time while it lasted. If I can get OCRP to work I will play it, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I may be active on the forums sometimes, but not as common as I used to. So then, good bye guys.

RIP HRP
Gregory Casavant: ((The HRP stew is missing something today, hmm, needs more admin.))

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 04:39:25 PM »
Sucks to see TOMASAS go like this. Let's hope we can get everything sorted out.

Offline Melon Head

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 05:30:57 PM »
R.I.P HarborRP :(

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »
I'm kicking my mapping into overdrive to complete Rockford by the end of the weekend. There's something to look forward to! All is not lost guys!

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »
Tom if you were not employed by roflwaffle that means he doesn't owe you any money and he doesn't have to pay you dumbass. Due to CG being based in the US, it follows the laws of the US. Meaning the labor laws.

He doesn't owe you a penny.

Edit: Also, if it wasn't copyrighted then good fucking luck trying to stop roflwaffle from getting it back l0l
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:42:33 PM by Cow ??¦? ???°??? ???? ???°???¤ »
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 07:46:20 PM »
Tom if you were not employed by roflwaffle that means he doesn't owe you any money and he doesn't have to pay you dumbass. Due to CG being based in the US, it follows the laws of the US. Meaning the labor laws.

Edit: Also, if it wasn't copyrighted then good fucking luck trying to stop roflwaffle from getting it back l0l
I know he doesn't owe me anything under law as there was no contract but I wasn't implying that he was you idiot. And just like that, so does the code belong to the creator of it, me.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 07:50:41 PM »
Please lets not have another Facebook lawsuit...

Yes the loss of HRP is going to affect a large part of CG, but we still are a community of people and we still have other gamemodes to enjoy. Though tom did take away the gamemode he worked hard on for us, two wrongs dont make a right.

Maybe we can start fresh with a standalone HRP rather then a DarkRP based one.

Offline Scary Ghost

• Noting scarehr den meh
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 09:32:12 PM »

As i said, catalyst-gaming FishRP/boatRP/oceanRP anyone?
sanic is best gotta go fast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7EHKFNMQg

HL2-RP Characters:
Geoffery Landers-big cunt

Offline Royal.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 10:07:13 PM »
Goodbye CG Then, I've donated for this but now I guess I have to leave, im only on CG For hrp and now its done, so am I.. Im just sad about this, so bye then CG

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 10:14:00 PM »

you're a fag

(User has been banned for this post("Flaming/shitposting" - wakeboarderCWB))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:18:59 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »

however to do this now, if we cant backup original HRP, would require us to have a developer who can do this and is willing to do it too.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »
I gave you guys GMR, a map deving tool, and GMS, go make use of them for the meantime, I will see if I can find something else when I get off work.

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 10:54:51 PM »

however to do this now, if we cant backup original HRP, would require us to have a developer who can do this and is willing to do it too.

I know lua but not enough in practice to create an entire game mode.  If someone wants to start the project I would greatly help out.  I want a programming project to work on.

Overall, I don't know the specifics of the situation but I think that there could have been a better way of handling this.  THOMASAS was very childish in ripping out all of HRP and leaving the whole community hanging.  In the US all work is considered copyrighted however; sometime along the line (I cannot say for sure because again I do not know what happened with the code.) the game mode may have had ownership transferred or it may not have.  We will never know unless we know the specifics of the situation.  Given that THOMASAS was paid to do the programming and put it on catalyst gaming's servers it is highly possible that copywright ownership may have changed.  (INAL so if you want the most accurate answer ask one.)

FOR THE CATALYST-GAMING STAFF: TAKE AN IMAGE OF THE SERVER DRIVE NOW so that you have an image of the disk before you overwrite any "lost" data on the disk from when HRP was removed.  Try to write as little new data to the server as the files may be recoverable by computer forensics.  When something is deleted from a computer it is not "deleted" the data is removed from the computers index so to the computer the files are gone however it is possible that they could be recovered if they "lost" data is not overwritten by new data.

I would HIGHLY recommend either getting someone familiar with computer forensics or do it yourself with software.

THOMASAS there was a better way to go about this.... I did not want to see this after working today......

Post Auto-Merged: August 30, 2013, 10:58:20 PM
Just because you 'pay' for the development doesn't give you copyright ownership.
It wasn't a contract job/hire, nor was I employed at CG. Rofl is under 18 even, so that's not even possible.

THOMASAS you incorrectly read the quote.  What it is saying is that because you were being paid by catalyst-gaming.net to make the game-mode that catalyst-gaming.net is the owner of the game-mode unless you had a contract that said that the game-mode was yours. which according to you, you don't.  So therefore you stole the game-mode which rightfully under US copywrite law belongs to Catalyst-gaming.net
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:59:01 PM by Officialjake »
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 10:59:51 PM »

I know lua but not enough in practice to create an entire game mode.  If someone wants to start the project I would greatly help out.  I want a programming project to work on.

Overall, I don't know the specifics of the situation but I think that there could have been a better way of handling this.  THOMASAS was very childish in ripping out all of HRP and leaving the whole community hanging.  In the US all work is considered copyrighted however; sometime along the line (I cannot say for sure because again I do not know what happened with the code.) the game mode may have had ownership transferred or it may not have.  We will never know unless we know the specifics of the situation.  Given that THOMASAS was paid to do the programming and put it on catalyst gaming's servers it is highly possible that copywright ownership may have changed.  (INAL so if you want the most accurate answer ask one.)

FOR THE CATALYST-GAMING STAFF: TAKE AN IMAGE OF THE SERVER DRIVE NOW so that you have an image of the disk before you overwrite any "lost" data on the disk from when HRP was removed.  Try to write as little new data to the server as the files may be recoverable by computer forensics.  When something is deleted from a computer it is not "deleted" the data is removed from the computers index so to the computer the files are gone however it is possible that they could be recovered if they "lost" data is not overwritten by new data.

I would HIGHLY recommend either getting someone familiar with computer forensics or do it yourself with software.

THOMASAS there was a better way to go about this.... I did not want to see this after working today......

Post Auto-Merged: August 30, 2013, 10:58:20 PM

THOMASAS you incorrectly read the quote.  What it is saying is that because you were being paid by catalyst-gaming.net to make the game-mode that catalyst-gaming.net is the owner of the game-mode unless you had a contract that said that the game-mode was yours. which according to you, you don't.  So therefore you stole the game-mode which rightfully under US copywrite law belongs to Catalyst-gaming.net
What? He didn't inject a virus into the box, he just sent HRP to himself and deleted it from the box. Each server has a folder on the hard drive, so doing something to one won't affect the others in any other way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal