Author Topic: OCRP2 New Map Suggestions  (Read 8589 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP2 New Map Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 12:34:57 PM »
If I enabled the map for power outages, I wouldn't be able to do my true day/night lighting. Hammer doesn't like to have too many toggle lights shining on the same face. As for floods, I'm not sure how I could do this.
Theres a map in workshop where a city can flood and you have to survive on the top of the buildings.

GM10_Floodinvasion
I know its possible but I don't know how to do it. Also keep in mind that having the water under the map will do a number to framerate due to you rendering expensive water 100% of the time. I had that problem on ineu when I forgot to get rid of my dev slab of water in the beta. It's fine in flood maps or the harbor rp maps because there's not a whole lot to render but not rockford.
That's alright, what about police barriers popping up from the roads (kinda like watch dogs). Or the surveillance?
Um idk. Elaborate.
I am sure he is meaning like the ones from ODST. Just barricades that come up from the ground for police use. Though there is no city in the US, or the wold for that matter, that has a fully integrated system like this for a whole city.
They have those in Washington D.C.
Those are government. I dont think many government buidings in the US have them.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 05:23:19 PM »
Ofc dc would have them because of the high priority things there, but there's no reason to add them into such a small town like rockford. Plus it's just a waste of time when statua could be working on other things.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 09:04:27 PM »
It would just look cool on the map and would be a good feature, it doesn't have to tie in with realism.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 09:15:24 PM »
It would just look cool on the map and would be a good feature, it doesn't have to tie in with realism.
Yes it does. I'm making this map with the best realism to a real functoning city as possible without Causing too much lag. Obviously I cant exactly get the area of the city to be right (map is only 0.5 miles by 0.5 miles) but everything else such as signage, how the traffic lights work, district classes, etc are being tuned for perfection.

Example, most traffic lights IRL have specific delays put in them. The flashing dont walk actually goes solid a few seconds before amber, amber lasts at least 3 seconds depending on the traffic volume and speed, and there is 1 second where all lights are red before one changes green.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:17:42 PM by Statua »

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2013, 09:29:07 PM »
Yes it does. I'm making this map with the best realism to a real functoning city as possible without Causing too much lag. Obviously I cant exactly get the area of the city to be right (map is only 0.5 miles by 0.5 miles) but everything else such as signage, how the traffic lights work, district classes, etc are being tuned for perfection.

Example, most traffic lights IRL have specific delays put in them. The flashing dont walk actually goes solid a few seconds before amber, amber lasts at least 3 seconds depending on the traffic volume and speed, and there is 1 second where all lights are red before one changes green.
What about surveillance systems in the police station or around the city?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 11:18:56 PM »

With RT cameras? Maybe for the prison/jail

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 04:27:59 PM »
Since when are the Rockford Police Department the mayor's secret police? I can see this happening in the jail/parking garage/gov. building, but not really anywhere else.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
Since when are the Rockford Police Department the mayor's secret police? I can see this happening in the jail/parking garage/gov. building, but not really anywhere else.
MAybe he meant like detectives?
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »
Map is full. Suggestions are closed. Sorry.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal