Author Topic: HD Models  (Read 3509 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HD Models
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 12:44:30 PM »
As stated before, from what i've been told, model quality (the change between low and high) doesnt affect performance. Ill double check this with my laptop which uses integrated graphics and see if this claim is true.
I haven't had any performance issues, only the issue with the models above. If we remove those from OCRP then we should be fine.
No please... I planned on buying those... :/  And anyone who cannot play gmod or TF2 on atleast high model settings should not be playing games on that pc at all... gmod and source games in general do not run heavy... even my old pos pc got like 100 fps, it was a gateway!  Store baught with like 2 ram...
Not everyone is an avid PC gamer and wishes to spend the money on a gaming PC. Sure, GMod may not be performance intensive, but many players play on laptops or older, general use PCs. You can do without a few cars and spend money on other, RP related things.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HD Models
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 02:01:23 PM »
Not everyone is an avid PC gamer and wishes to spend the money on a gaming PC. Sure, GMod may not be performance intensive, but many players play on laptops or older, general use PCs. You can do without a few cars and spend money on other, RP related things.
This. The community isn't going to bend backwards for a couple of people. Need I quote Spock's dying words?
Quote from: Spock
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
Example, I REALLY wanted the Escalade 2012, but I don't mind if it gets released, so long as OCRP actually goes back up.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:18:31 PM by Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal