Author Topic: Good/Regulated and Unregulated/Illegal drug buffs and selling.  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Something for lite rp in OCRP, have a drug store with an npc that sells regulated drugs that can boost a stat and/or downgrade a stat. The money will go torwards tax percentage and given to the city. Bad drugs though can do the same, but they are not regulated and can only be grown or bought. The drug dealer can also sell drugs you can't make, along with seeds you can grow to obtain the different drugs, making it interactive for other players to buy and sell the drugs they don't have or can't buy. What i wanted to do was have all the drugs you can buy from an npc effective, but the drugs you must buy from players are way more effective than the ones you can buy from an npc.

So some combinations for npc drugs are stuff like: Aderal increases accuracy, decreases running speed by 25%.
Painkillers/Muscle relaxers increase Maxiumum health, decreases accuracy by 25%.
Alcohol grows more health but decreases a number of stats like player movement, accuracy by 25%.
Steroids increase damage by 20%, decrease accuracy by 10%.

Illegal drugs grown and sold from players: Marijuana increases health 50%, decreases weapon aim by 25%.
Cocain increases running speed by 35%, decreases damage by 15%.
PCP increases damage by 40%, decreases accuracy by 20%.

Each set of drugs will have a time limit depending on what they are. And again, the stronger illegal drugs are only bought from player to player, it's risky to trust players that deal from person to person, so player interaction is key to buying the best ones.

This is the stuff i can get off the top of my head, it might not be as good so if you guys can make the idea any better post below.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Good/Regulated and Unregulated/Illegal drug buffs and selling.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 08:18:58 AM »
I think I'll bump this thread.

I'd like to see some different kind of drugs that are consumables, other than the items we already have. As ramone said, make it a requirement for players to interact (trade between them) for the illegal ones or something. Might bring a different kind of crimeRP to do, and if there was some money involved and effects, I could see it work out. Also, legal drugs, sold by an NPC. Alternately, people could sell their illegal drugs to an NPC for a smaller price, although I dont think players should be able to buy illegal drugs from NPCs.

Regarding effects, though, I'd suggest that theyre only MINOR, so that someone with those would'nt be overpowered. For example.. painkillers would reduce damage taken by 10  percent or something. Nothing big, but just enough so that people would use them.

I guess this could create an almost fully player-ran market of illegal substances.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Good/Regulated and Unregulated/Illegal drug buffs and selling.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
Is good idea. What if we had a chemistry skill that allows players to craft legal drugs? With this chemistry you could also make meth and pcp and coke etc too but those are illegal. To craft would cost half what the NPC sells so players can sell their drugs for cheaper. But when theres no players selling drugs, others can still get them from a npc at full price.

The stats boost is a good idea though maybe not have them so extreme like apex said. Maybe people will actually use drugs now lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal