Author Topic: Changes to What Jobs Get What Guns  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Changes to What Jobs Get What Guns
« on: September 21, 2013, 07:17:06 AM »
Hey all,

Just making this thread to suggest that you lovely devs change what job gets what gun. I'll cut to the chase.

Secret Service:
IRL, the United States Secret Service use the FN Five-SeveN as one of their standard-carry duty pistols. To make this job more realistic, boost the Five-SeveN to make it more effective (replace the USP with it but keep the USP's stats) and give it to them. Keeping the P90 is fine.

SWAT:
Keep the UMP, keep the XM1014, but change the USP to either the aforementioned boosted Five-SeveN or the P226.

Police:
Change the P226 to either the Glock (with the same stats, just a different model) or a singular one of CS:S' dual Beretta Elites. Since most modern police forces use Glock pistols or Beretta pistols as their patrol sidearm, change the way guns are seen so that the P226 replaces the current, craftable Glock and the Glock/singular Elite replace the P226.

Regular Guns:
   Replace the Five-SeveN with the USP (assuming the SS and SWAT suggestions are accepted).
   Replace the current Glock with the P226 (assuming the Police Officer suggestion is accepted).
   Change the magazine size of the craftable shotgun from 4 to 8.

As an alternative to this, you could change out all the weapons for their CS:GO counterparts:

MP5 becomes the MP7

TMP becomes... The TMP

USP becomes the P2000

Five-SeveN becomes the better, CS:GO Five-SeveN

Glock becomes the G18C, etc etc.

Hope this helps,
   -Strelnikov
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:26:39 AM by ??BSG???? Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Scary Ghost

• Noting scarehr den meh
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Changes to What Jobs Get What Guns
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 08:58:17 PM »
Aside from the CS:GO stuff, I would be down for this!
+Support
sanic is best gotta go fast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7EHKFNMQg

HL2-RP Characters:
Geoffery Landers-big cunt

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 09:48:10 PM »
To be honest if M9K weapons could be added that'd be cool. But currently I don't see a problem with the weapons we have, nor do I see a problem replacing them with new ones. Then again, I'm not a Dev.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »
To be honest if M9K weapons could be added that'd be cool. But currently I don't see a problem with the weapons we have, nor do I see a problem replacing them with new ones. Then again, I'm not a Dev.
I would rather M9K then CS:GO... honestly... CS:GO is not that good, and there are not that many weapons.  I want more things to sink money into other then peace of crap guns.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 03:24:55 PM »
Hey all,

Just making this thread to suggest that you lovely devs change what job gets what gun. I'll cut to the chase.

Secret Service:
IRL, the United States Secret Service use the FN Five-SeveN as one of their standard-carry duty pistols. To make this job more realistic, boost the Five-SeveN to make it more effective (replace the USP with it but keep the USP's stats) and give it to them. Keeping the P90 is fine.

SWAT:
Keep the UMP, keep the XM1014, but change the USP to either the aforementioned boosted Five-SeveN or the P226.

Police:
Change the P226 to either the Glock (with the same stats, just a different model) or a singular one of CS:S' dual Beretta Elites. Since most modern police forces use Glock pistols or Beretta pistols as their patrol sidearm, change the way guns are seen so that the P226 replaces the current, craftable Glock and the Glock/singular Elite replace the P226.

Regular Guns:
   Replace the Five-SeveN with the USP (assuming the SS and SWAT suggestions are accepted).
   Replace the current Glock with the P226 (assuming the Police Officer suggestion is accepted).

As an alternative to this, you could change out all the weapons for their CS:GO counterparts:

MP5 becomes the MP7

TMP becomes... The TMP

USP becomes the P2000

Hope this helps,
   -Strelnikov
The Sig Sauer P229, similar to the P226, is just as common amongst police forces as the Glock or Beretta.
Live free or die

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Changes to What Jobs Get What Guns
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 03:22:58 PM »
Hey all,

Secret Service:

SWAT:

Police:

Regular Guns:

MP5 becomes the MP7

TMP becomes... The TMP

USP becomes the P2000

Hope this helps,
   -Strelnikov
The Sig Sauer P229, similar to the P226, is just as common amongst police forces as the Glock or Beretta.
Not really, .40 S&W as a chambering is typically avoided. Most policing agencies leave .40-.45 chamberings to SWAT teams, which is kinda why the USP is accurate as-is. I just want to see some new balancing.

P.S: Yes, I know that some of the P-series pistols are chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 03:25:25 PM by ??BSG???? Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 05:19:32 PM »
I replaced CS weapons with M9K on my test server, the weapons were beautiful, however, it will cause users to enjoy a rather large download.
ok

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 07:22:06 PM »
I replaced CS weapons with M9K on my test server, the weapons were beautiful, however, it will cause users to enjoy a rather large download.
Not a big deal. M9K > CS:S
READY AYE READY

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal