Author Topic: Be able to choose where you want to spawn  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Be able to choose where you want to spawn
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:10:23 PM »
Whenever i used to spawn in OCRP, i always prayed for the car dealer sometimes so i can rent a car and drive back to a place. Or sometimes i want to spawn in the city to do things around the city after i die. Either way, it's a 50/50 chance where i spawn, and i would love it if the chances changed completely to my decision of where i want to spawn came into OCRP.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Be able to choose where you want to spawn
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »
Wait, you got to choose where you spawned? Since when? Anyway, I think the current system is fine. If we get people choosing where they spawn then there'd be people spawning all over. In buildings, by bases, etc.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 12:11:33 AM »
Wait, you got to choose where you spawned? Since when? Anyway, I think the current system is fine. If we get people choosing where they spawn then there'd be people spawning all over. In buildings, by bases, etc.
I would just limit it to car dealership or City. And this was when i used to play on a perp server is when it was a chance of spawning at the dealership or city.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 02:07:30 AM »
Yeah, car dealer or city sounds nice.  That would be kind of cool.  Have an NPC at the car deal so you can spawn your car there too.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 05:31:53 AM »
I recon instead of that you could spawn at any of the bus stops around the map, this means we can actually use bus driver to transport us when we first get in the server

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 08:05:40 AM »
I recon instead of that you could spawn at any of the bus stops around the map, this means we can actually use bus driver to transport us when we first get in the server

Sounds like a decent idea. Somewhat seems a bit more "realistic" if you spawned at a bus stop, like you just arrived with the bus from nowhere.

This could just be an option in the already made, option menu.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 08:19:35 AM »

Sounds like a decent idea. Somewhat seems a bit more "realistic" if you spawned at a bus stop, like you just arrived with the bus from nowhere.

This could just be an option in the already made, option menu.

yeah i agree that bus stops being used for spawn points would be a nice idea, and would also assist in the bus driver job. could be done through a dialog screen after dying which you select an option and you'll spawn at that bus stop

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »
OwenCobs - Making good OCRP ideas since 2012

Also in response to what Craphead said, If it was in the options menu then people would just disable it. What if we had it automatically enabled so people had to put effort into disabling it rather than putting effort into enabling it?

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 01:41:49 PM »
Sounds like a good idea to me, bus stops are almost no use when you have a car so that could be a good use.

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 03:48:24 PM »
My take on this since OCRP is getting rebooted;

When you log off from the server, the location you logged off at is saved.

When spawning back on the server it will check that location which was stored, it will then search around the radius for the nearest bus stop.

This will then spawn you at that bus stop, almost recommending that you use the bus rather than everyone being spewed into the same spawn point.

This will be more handy for keeping a Passive RP going on, kinda like a more persistent game!

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »
Stevo was saying we could do it like this. When you log back in, you spawn at the closest bus stop. That way youre always in a public area but not always spawning in the same place. I personally think thats a great idea.

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 04:10:23 PM »
I kind of liked the idea of spawning and picking a bus stop with a menu system.
ok

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »
Huh. Thats an even better idea lol. Rockford has bus stops in every area of the city too.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 04:32:51 AM »
Huh. Thats an even better idea lol. Rockford has bus stops in every area of the city too.

Mr Statua didn't read the entire thread :P I suggested that back in august :)

Also I like the idea of stevo's spawning to the closest bus stop to where you last disconnected, this would prevent people from dc'ing to just spawn somewhere more 'convenient'.

If you was to go for the raw idea of saving co-ordinates then If I was you I'd find some way of defaulting the z axis to the ground so you don't spawn and fall to the ground (e.g an admin disconnects whilst in noclip)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
So what should we do? Closest bus stop to D/C or select a bus stop from a list on join? If you die you respawn at the gov center which is default spawn.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal