Author Topic: OCRP Update  (Read 7864 times)

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP Update
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 01:13:39 AM »
Inb4 perp weather system :3

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 01:51:22 PM »
I'd actually like to see this.

As for the day/night its ok but it uses colour mod to make it dark like that. It just doesnt look right and when you go indoors in dark areas, its ultra dark. I dont recall my interior lights getting darker at night time.

Anyway rockford is actually set up to have an even more realistic day/night where the nights actually look like night. I shal explain why:

The light_environment entity in a map that gives the world daylight has 2 values of light. Brightness and Ambience. The brightness is the actual sunlight itself whereas the ambience is the light emitted from the rest of the sky (why shadows in daytime have a slight blue tinge to them if its sunny out). The Day/Night script has the ability to modify the Brightness key bringing it all the way down to 0, however it is not able to modify the ambience. Not sure why but anyway, thats why night time with day and night really only looks dark blue rather then legitimate night.

I found a way to resolve this in my map by making the light_environment ambience very dark (but not all the way because you can still see some shit at night) and adding several constant lights on the ceiling of the skybox to emulate ambient lighting. These lights are modifiable so with a little bit of LUA, they can gradually change their brightness, thus true day/night lighting is achieved.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 03:02:21 AM »
I'd actually like to see this.

As for the day/night its ok but it uses colour mod to make it dark like that. It just doesnt look right and when you go indoors in dark areas, its ultra dark. I dont recall my interior lights getting darker at night time.

Anyway rockford is actually set up to have an even more realistic day/night where the nights actually look like night. I shal explain why:

The light_environment entity in a map that gives the world daylight has 2 values of light. Brightness and Ambience. The brightness is the actual sunlight itself whereas the ambience is the light emitted from the rest of the sky (why shadows in daytime have a slight blue tinge to them if its sunny out). The Day/Night script has the ability to modify the Brightness key bringing it all the way down to 0, however it is not able to modify the ambience. Not sure why but anyway, thats why night time with day and night really only looks dark blue rather then legitimate night.

I found a way to resolve this in my map by making the light_environment ambience very dark (but not all the way because you can still see some shit at night) and adding several constant lights on the ceiling of the skybox to emulate ambient lighting. These lights are modifiable so with a little bit of LUA, they can gradually change their brightness, thus true day/night lighting is achieved.
Hopefully with this new map, it won't be laggy.  As for the weather, if it is not laggy, lets try it!  (At random! >:U)
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal