Author Topic: RP_Rockford Progress  (Read 46809 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RP_Rockford Progress
« on: July 26, 2013, 02:49:03 AM »
If you wish to follow my progress on Rockford, this thread will be mostly up to date. For my latest thoughts, follow me at www.twitter.com/statua

Rockford is the map currently being designed for use with OCRP, however it will also be publicly released in hopes to become the new fad of Evocity. Its based on the coast of Oregon hence the cliffs, mountains, and oceanside beach. The map is also going to be a fully functional and accurate city including proper blocks with three digit addresses, realistic traffic lights with a 1 second all red, proper signage, and of course everything a city needs to run. Without further adoo, here's the progress information.

[progress=99][/progress]
Just need to plant bushes and trees.

Click to see the original size.
Current map traced over actual map.

Development Images

Spoiler for 26/07/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 27/07/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 04/08/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 07/08/13:
Spoiler for Buildings:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.
Spoiler for Indoors:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.
Spoiler for Outskirts:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 14/08/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 24/08/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Spoiler for 27/08/13:

Spoiler for 13/10/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

To-Do list
  • Decorate with better foliage

Completed
  • Downtown Base Land
  • Industrial Base Land
  • Commercial base Land
  • Residential Base Land
  • Outskirts Base Land
  • Sector Optimization
  • City Detail Props
  • Foliage Props
  • Pier
  • Campground
  • Downtown Buildings
        -Parkade
        -Car Dealer
        -EMS Station
        -Fire Department
        -Government Building
        -Stores
        -Slum Apartments
        -Hospital
        -PD
        -Tow Company
        -Background Building Details

• Industrial Buildings
        -Warehouse
        -Factory
        -Backgroud Buildings
  • Commercial Buildings
        -7-11
        -Realtor
        -Supermarket
        -Stripmall
        -Bus Depot
        -Apartments
        -Taco Bell
        -Gas Bar
  • Residential Buildings
        -Houses
        -Park
  • Fire training centre
  • Country Gas Bar
  • Beach
  • Country Homes
  • Country Warehouses
  • 3D Skybox
  • Final Details
        -Cubemaps
        -Parking Spots
        -Prop Browsing
        -Street Names
        -Addresses
        -Business Names (Quarantine Realty, Black Hawk Towing, Rockford Fire Training, Frosty Fashions, Mesa Apartments, Grace General Hospital)
        -Decaling
        -Credits
  • Optimization
        -Fadedist
        -Textures
        -Building Areaportals
  • Protection
  • RE: 7-11
  • RE: Hospital
  • RE: PD
  • RE: Government Tower
  • RE: Strip Mall
  • Reduce Curb Height
  • RE: Gas Stations
  • Rebuild outskirts
  • Give the city landscape a facelift
  • Lighting Quality & Shadow controller
  • More buildings in Industrial District?

Known Bugs
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:14:14 PM by Statua »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_Rockford Progress
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »
Looks amazing, Statua. I always love your lighting, too! Please tell me your roads are wide, though? :)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 07:45:30 PM »
Why is the EMS station right next to the hospital basically? There's really no need for an EMS station if theres a hospital right 4 doors down.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:55:30 PM »
Why is the EMS station right next to the hospital basically? There's really no need for an EMS station if theres a hospital right 4 doors down.
Because the EMS don't stay at the hospital. Duh.

Looks amazing, Statua. I always love your lighting, too! Please tell me your roads are wide, though? :)
I changed the lighting on it to the HRP environment. Might change it again though. As for the roads they are'nt as wide as evocity but I might change that in some parts of the map. Its not that bad though. In evocity 2 ambulances and a person can fit in one lane tightly whereas rockford, only 2 ambulances fit in one lane. SO its about 64 units tighter then evocity. But like I said I'll widen some of the major roads.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:01:50 PM by Statua »

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 12:51:48 AM »
Because the EMS don't stay at the hospital. Duh.
Hospital is a destination, like a jail for PD. They are not going to start at the end point and move to where they need to be to transport someone back to the hospital. They spread out to minimize response time. This brings up the question, are there available areas for police and EMS to set up (IE near major intersections, near malls/supermarkets/gas stations) to be able to preform their duties and be out of the way of the general populous?
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 02:22:46 AM »
If you could I'd like to hear/see what you plan on doing for the Fire Training Center. All in all look'n good.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 02:39:46 AM »
Finished the commercial, residential, and most of the outskirts base land. Here's a flock of pictures with my HRP lighting.

Spoiler for 27/07/13:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Offline hacker

• Like a BOSS
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 07:26:22 PM »
looks really nice, il hop on right on release date to see it . really good job statua

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 03:02:15 AM »
Updated the blueprint/map. This one should/will be the final.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:06:38 AM by Statua »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 09:36:02 AM »

I know the sketch is rough, but please just remember to have plenty of spaces for parking (like v33x has), spaces for bus stops, and lots of different places for people to live in. I see a lot of freespace on the drawing. Just fill it out with something useful instead of mainly trees ;)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »
Some secluded homes might be nice too

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 11:40:13 AM »

I know the sketch is rough, but please just remember to have plenty of spaces for parking (like v33x has), spaces for bus stops, and lots of different places for people to live in. I see a lot of freespace on the drawing. Just fill it out with something useful instead of mainly trees ;)
The old blueprint (which isn't in this thread anymore) shows plenty of parking spaces in the city, as well as area for bus stops, and current development pictures and things shown in Statua's stream show parking. There actually isn't, by the way, a lot of freespace in the city area, and you wouldn't put parking outside the city, except at gas stations. Areas that look like "freespace" on this current blueprint are elevated, inaccessible land, necessary to Statua's optimization techniques.

Some secluded homes might be nice too
I see a few secluded homes on the blueprint.
Live free or die

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »
Yeah I never noticed up top it saying in all caps "HOME" :) ignore me

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 12:51:18 PM »
Yeah there's tons of parking. Here's a 'satellite' image of the city. The blue P's are all places you can park. Some are lots whereas others are lanes.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 08:06:11 PM »
Was screwing around with light_environment, constant lights, and the day/night script. Here's what I got. All these pictures were taken in the same session nothing has been modifed or filtered other then the lua for the light_environment and basic I/O for the constant light:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal