Author Topic: For The Red, White, and Blue  (Read 4950 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
For The Red, White, and Blue
« on: July 04, 2013, 12:00:31 AM »
America's day is today. Across the country, Americans are celebrating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence. Picnics, fireworks, and festivals are being hosted in every city and state where Americans come together to celebrate the freedom given to us.

Like every country, we've had our ups and downs. We've managed to get past the bad parts and focus on the future. We can't do all of this without those who fight life and death for us. To all of the men and women in the United States armed forces, thank you. Without you I wouldn't be able to enjoy this wonderful day with my family. You will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

One of my favorite songs is the Star Spangled Banner. It represents my country, my home, my life. 

The Star Spangled Banner
In 1814, Francis Scott Key wrote the poem, Defense of Fort McHenry. The poem was later put to the tune of (John Stafford Smith's song) The Anacreontic Song, modified somewhat, and retitled The Star Spangled Banner. Congress proclaimed The Star Spangled Banner the U.S. National Anthem in 1931.

Oh, say, can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, thro' the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watch'd, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thro' the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen thro' the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected, now shines on the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner: O, long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

To those who are celebrating today, enjoy and be safe. To those who are celebrating overseas, keeping an eye out for those who wish to do nothing but destroy us, thank you and be safe.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: For The Red, White, and Blue
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 03:29:47 AM »
I bet you were up all night just waiting for it to be the 4th :P

Well now that this thread is about America, I can now say without getting a warning...

Sorry Canada, Britian, Denmark, and all you other counties, but America is master race.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 05:54:32 AM »

Well now that this thread is about America, I can now say without getting a warning...

Sorry Canada, Britian, Denmark, and all you other counties, but America is master race.
Hardly but I don't want to get in to that. Happy 4th everyone.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 06:54:04 AM »
Some friends of mine were making some racially loaded and intolerant Fourth of July statuses on Facebook, so this was the status I posted in response, and I thought I would post it here:

Happy Independence Day! O si prefieres, ¡feliz Día de la Independencia! Porque la diversidad cultural is what makes our country great.

And on the topic of music, I feel that this song is a very fitting song for modern America, and is by far my favorite patriotic song:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc</a>
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:00:26 AM by Ricky »
Live free or die

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 08:20:45 AM »
Happy 4th to you all, I have a question though; is the 4th basically just flags and fireworks, is there nothing else you guys do?

one day more to the invasion...

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 08:49:26 AM »
Happy 4th to you all, I have a question though; is the 4th basically just flags and fireworks, is there nothing else you guys do?

It's the celebration of our independence. That's what it is, parties and fireworks.

I was. :P

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 09:03:48 AM »

consists of getting drunk and setting shit on fire, pretty much.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaAF_3WMJGM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaAF_3WMJGM</a>

It's a perfect day to listen to this song. It describes why I like the stuff I like that sometimes gets me called an "Ignorant American" or "Racist".

To the American soldiers out there, you will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWrMeBR8W-c" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWrMeBR8W-c</a>

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 02:32:03 PM »
Happy 4th of July!

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 06:14:39 PM »

To those who care, generally it is a day of remembering how far our country has come and the brave men and women who have died and are currently fighting to preserve the rights bestowed on us by the Constitution.  Basically, listening to "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" is what the 4th is all about (I fucking love that song, btw).

Of course, that doesn't mean there aren't a whole bunch of people who just drink Bud while blowing shit up, but I guess that right there is pretty American in and of itself :3

Offline Scary Ghost

• Noting scarehr den meh
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 01:45:48 PM »
Not an american, my Happy 4th
sanic is best gotta go fast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU7EHKFNMQg

HL2-RP Characters:
Geoffery Landers-big cunt