Author Topic: New Forum Plugin  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Forum Plugin
« on: July 10, 2013, 02:29:10 PM »
I have just installed the facepunch style post rating system. Have fun!

Abuse of this system will result in it being removed.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Forum Plugin
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 02:53:27 PM »
No. Please no. This isn't facepunch. We dont make people feel unwelcomed with stupid ratings.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
i cant see many people using this plus what statua said, this isnt facepunch nor should we be becoming more like facepunch and i can just see the system being abused

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »
No. Please no. This isn't facepunch. We dont make people feel unwelcomed with stupid ratings.
You will realise that none of the ratings are destructive or negative. No 'dumb' ratings.
Live free or die

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »
Its worded different. Instead of 'Dumb' its 'Not Brilliant'. And there's the disagree rating. They're negative ratings.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 06:10:15 PM »
Don't really see the issue with this, there are worse things to add- like a karma system, ugh.

@Spatula: Does it really matter to you if people disagree with your post? If they really cared they'd post an actual reply and state what they had a problem with.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »
I dont give a shit about what people think of my posts. I honestly don't. Its other people, particularly newer people who get a load of negative ratings on something they post which they may have thought to be otherwise that's going to be a problem.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »
Let's all abuse it so it's being removed again.

No seriously, this is pretty dumb and people WILL just spam negative shit on every single post they disagree on.
(Inb4 this post gets spammed.)
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »
Its worded different. Instead of 'Dumb' its 'Not Brilliant'. And there's the disagree rating. They're negative ratings.
But it's not destructive. Calling something 'dumb' is offensive, but saying that an idea isn't brilliant is not. Plenty of people read topics and posts without replying because they don't have anything better to say than "+-support" or they're too lazy. This gives them the ability to give their opinion in an easy manner, without having to post, especially since people aren't allowed to just post "+support."

I swear this is one of the biggest problems with this community. No one is open to change. I think that this change is positive.
Live free or die

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 06:25:32 PM »
I actually find this a great idea. Instead of people posting pointless "I agree because of what so-and-so said", they can just agree/brilliant rate the post.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 06:31:09 PM »
Id rather see people agreeing and stating why they agree because then it makes more sense if I dont understand whats good from the OP.

This rating system. Its like we're here to get judged. Fuck that shit I'm not here to get judged I'm here to play on the CG servers and help out. I dont need someone rating me on everything I say. If I want something rated on I'll start a poll.

And ricky I'm open to change. This isnt change its extra stuff that really serves no purpose other then to further support lazyness and unexplained agree/diasgree.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 06:44:46 PM »
Id rather see people agreeing and stating why they agree because then it makes more sense if I dont understand whats good from the OP.

This rating system. Its like we're here to get judged. Fuck that shit I'm not here to get judged I'm here to play on the CG servers and help out. I dont need someone rating me on everything I say. If I want something rated on I'll start a poll.

And ricky I'm open to change. This isnt change its extra stuff that really serves no purpose other then to further support lazyness and unexplained agree/diasgree.
Whether they post or rate, they're judging you. It's already been said that if this system is abused then it will be removed. More than half of the time all I see is people restating other people's opinions on a suggestion, so this system is very much so beneficial.

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 07:52:12 PM »

The difference here isn't between good input and bad input, it is between input and no input. Plenty of people will not take the time nor the effort to make a constructive reply. This rating system gives those people an opportunity to still voice their opinion, albeit in a less effective manner. Whether or not you "support laziness" does not matter, because people will continue to be lazy. This, at least, gives them the opportunity to be a little more constructive. Lastly, before you said that you don't really care how someone rates your posts, but others may. "It's like we're here to get judged. Fuck that shit I'm not here to get judged..." shows that you do care. Posts on these forums ought to be scrutinized, examined, and dissected if they are serious posts regarding serious matters and serious changes to this community. Many times that lack of scrutiny has led to large errors here. 
Live free or die

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 08:48:04 PM »
Funny how the implementation of the ratings is what's causing drama already despite the fact that we already get judged on every post we make.

lol

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 02:08:57 AM »
Alright. Lets see what comes out of it then. Hopefully it will be good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal