Author Topic: HL2RP Trading Cards + memorial wallpaper pack  (Read 21305 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HL2RP Trading Cards + memorial wallpaper pack
« on: June 17, 2013, 10:06:34 PM »
Got a month off before I have to go back to college and this looks like it will be an interesting project. I'm doing a whole bunch of poses in GMod which have relevance to HL2RP and putting them into a trading card format. The actual trading card is a template I made from the Star Wars Galaxies TCG with minor modifications to the appearance.

99% of the effects are meant to be somewhat relevant yet humorous and aren't intended to harass/degrade anyone. Because this project is being undertaken with the intention of creating a few laughs, don't expect the trading cards to actually work in a card game because they aren't balanced.

I'm keeping the widescreen shots of the poses (as well as different angles to be posted at a later date as a wallpaper pack).

Want a Character card done but it isn't on the list? Post here with these details:

Character name:
Affiliation:
Character physical description:
Reference image:
Cost:
Strength:
Defense:
Quote:

Left click on the cards to bring them to a larger size.

To-do list (updated after each group of major additions):
Spoiler for Hiden:
* these are the attributes that go on each card (maximum of 10, minimum of 1) *
Cost - how much it costs to play a card
Strength - how much damage they inflict
Defense - how much damage they are protected from

# ABILITY #
Coercion - When played, an opposing card joins your side.
Interrogation - When played, all Citizen cards lose 2 Strength.
Spy Games - While drawn, Daniel Slater and Unit 621 are invulnerable. Citizen cards miss their next turn.
Loyalty Enforcement - While in play, your cards cannot be stolen by the opposing side.
Long Range Support - When played in combination with an Outlands, discard an opposing Resistance card.
Overwatch Assault - While in play, Resistance ability cards are used at double their cost.
Air Assault - When played, two opposing cards are discarded.
Insurrection - While in play, all Citizen cards receive 3 Strength.
Uprising - While played in combination with Angry Mob and Third Eye Operators, Union cards lose 5 Defense and Citizen cards gain 5 Strength for 3 turns. While ZEALOT Unit 621 is in play, existing Location cards are discarded.
Headcrab Artillery - Whenever this card is drawn while an Outlands location card is in play, all Resistance and Citizen cards lose 3 Defense.
Disruption of Progress - When played, discard an opponent's ability/tactic card.
Crisis Management - While on the field with Civil Workers Union Taskforce, all Citizen cards gain 5 Defense. If James Tavener is on the field, all Citizen cards are invulnerable.
Pariah Summon: When used, all vortigaunts labelled 'Pariah' are placed on the field regardless of them being in the graveyard.

# CHARACTER #
Thomas 'Fox' Mason - When played, two opposing Union cards are discarded and two more are drawn.
Julius 'Falcon' Lashowe - When played, friendly Resistance cards gain 5 to their Strength.
Anthony 'Indigo' Maurice - When played friendly Resistance cards gain 5 to their Defense.

Apache - When played in combination with Onyx, all opposing Union cards are sent to the graveyard.
Bryan Black - When played in combination with Daniel Slater, all Citizen cards gain 2 to their Defense.
'Silly' - When played in combination with 'Grumpy', a Citizen card loses its next turn.
'Grumpy' - When played in combination with 'Silly', a Citizen card loses its next turn.
Russel Kovac - When played, all opposing Citizen cards lose 2 Strength.
Jackson 'Gamma' Jefferson - When this card is played in combination with the City Seventeen: Industrial card and any ZEALOT cards, Daniel Slater is discarded.
Hulio Gensen - When played, an opposing card cannot be used for two turns.
'Snoops' - When played in combination with Unit 621 or Rex 'Luco' Vindicta, a citizen card or an opposing Resistance card is discarded.
Jonathan Welsh - When played, all players must make up a phony excuse and leave the server.
Charlie Smith - When played, any Citizen card is removed and redrawn. # "Shake ya ass!" # 5, 5, 3
Tekel'Pakem - While in play, all Resistance cards gain 3 Defense.
Steven 'Candyman' Rhodes
Arren 'Candyman' Kain
Alfred Mortimer - When played, all female cards cannot be played next turn. | Alfred Mortimer licks his cracked old salty lips.
Edwin Sinclair - When this card is played in conjunction with R.U.C.K.U.S, both cards will gain 3 Defense and 3 Strength. If this card is destroyed, so is R.U.C.K.U.S.
R.U.C.K.U.S - While in play, all Union cards suffer a 3 Cost penalty. If this card is destroyed, Edwin Sinclair cannot be used for the next two turns.
Devin Casavant - ""Hurry into the sewers! (Then you can enter my Sewers if you know what I mean!)" # 3, 2, 4

Pariah'Guram # "Mmm, bah! Guram god among filthy apes!" # 7, 6, 3
Matthew 'Oldman' Henderson - When played in combination with an Outlands location card, Resistance cards gain 3 Defense and 3 Strength.
'Beans' - When used with the "Beans' Beans" Item card, this character gains 5 strength.
Layla 'Razors' Blackburn - When played, dodge all incoming attacks for 1 turn.
Keiji 'Fixer' Maeda - When played, redraw your last card. # "I like my Cola, go away." # 5, 8, 3
Laurence 'Kryp' Black # "Ay, mane, chill yo!" # 4, 5, 5
Gabriel Dixon # "Make one wrong move, you get an arrow in the ass..." # 3, 5, 4
Warren Dixon # "I ain't gonna' beg! I ain't beggin' you!" 4, 5, 5
Richard Sherlock - Has the one-use ability to cheat death when he would otherwise be killed, sending him back into the user's deck. # "You ask me if I have a god complex? You don't understand, I am God." # 5, 6, 2
Victor North - Once Richard Sherlock has used up 'fake death' ability, when destroyed this card inflicts -3 on all Union cards defense. # "My movie will take your breath away, you'll be choking with laughter..." # 4, 3, 8
Pariah'Lok'Raam - When played, can summon any 'Pariah' vortigaunts from the deck of the holder. # "Is there any among you that have the authority to treat with Pariah?" # 3, 5, 2

# LOCATION #
The Asylum - While on the field, all Citizen cards lose 2 Defense but gain 2 Strength.
City Seventeen: Industrial Sector - While on the field, all Union cards gain 2 Strength and Citizen cards lose 1 Defense.
Outlands: Ineu Pass - While on the field, all Resistance/Citizen cards gain 2 Strength and 2 Defense.
Outlands: Ineu Valley - While on the field, all Resistance/Citizen cards gain 2 Strength and 2 Defense.
Civil Administration Embassy - While on the field, Civil Administration cards can be played at no Cost.
City Thirty Eight - While on the field, Citizen cards suffer a 2 Defense penalty.
City Thirty Eight: AI Core - When played, ability cards can be played at no cost for the next 2 turns.
Nova Prospekt - When played, an opposing Resistance card is discarded.
Civil Workers Union Headquarters - While on the field, Civil Workers Union cards can be deployed at no cost and gain 3 Defense.

# ITEM #
Citizen Clothes - When discarded, your next ability can be used for 1 Cost.
Metropolice Uniform - When played, a Union Character card of your choice gains 1 Defense for 2 turns.
Civil Worker's Union Uniform - When played, a Citizen Character card of your choice gains 1 Defense.
Resistance Vest - When played, a Resistance Character card of your choice gains 1 Defense for 2 turns.
Tokens - When played, you draw another card from the deck.
9mm Pistol - When played, an opposing card of your choice loses 1 Defense.
Achim's Crossbow - When played, an opposing Citizen card of your choice is discarded along with this card.
Skyler's RPG - While in play, the Air Assault card cannot be used.
Leonard's Airboat - When played in combination with an Outlands location card, friendly ability cards can be used at no cost.
Wajabi's Electric Billyclub - When played in combination with Uncle Willem Wajabi, damage is doubled against opposing cards for one turn.
Alcohol - When played, friendly units lose 1 Defense but gain 1 Strength. When played in combination with Uncle Willem Wajabi, he gains 5 Strength.

# EVENT #
Operation Swashbuckler - When played in combination with Third Eye Operators, all Resistance cards gain 3 Strength but lose 3 Defense.
Operation Empire State - When played in combination with Third Eye Operators and Civil Administration cards, all Citizen cards gain 5 Defense.
Eviction Order X-1 - When played in combination with any Outlands location cards, all Union cards gain 3 Strength and all Resistance cards lose 3 Defense.
One by One - While in play, attacks from Citizen/Resistance cards against other Citizen/Resistance cards are done with doubled Strength.
Outbreak! - While in play, all Resistance/Citizen cards lose 2 Defense but all Union cards gain 2 Strength.
Project Sparrow - While in play, an opposing Citizen card joins your side with 3 more Strength for two turns and is then discarded.
Natural Disaster - When played, all Citizen and Union cards lose 2 Defense. If Crisis Management is on the field, the effects of Natural Disaster are ignored.

# UNIT #
Civil Authority Recruit - When played, all Union cards gain 1 Defense.
Civil Authority Squad - When played, all Union cards gain 1 Strength.
ILLUSION Observation Group - When played in combination with an Outlands location card, all Citizen/Resistance cards lose all active Defense bonuses for two rounds.
Vortigaunt Collective - When played, all Resistance cards gain 1 Strength.
Outlands E.M.S - When played in combination with an Outlands location card, all Resistance cards gain 2 Defense.
Third Eye Operators - When played, an opposing Union card is discarded. While in play, friendly Resistance cards gain 2 Strength.
ZEALOT Death Squad - When played, an opposing Citizen card is discarded. While in play, friendly Union cards gain 2 Strength.
Red Union Slavemasters - When played, all opposing Citizen cards lose 3 Defense.
Civil Worker's Union Taskforce - When played, all friendly Citizen cards gain 3 Defense.
CiviWatch - When played, friendly Resistance cards gain 2 Strength.
Red Alliance - When played, an opposing Union card loses 2 Strength for 2 turns.
SHADE Squad - When played in combination with Overwatch Assault, this card's Strength is doubled.
The Dark Knights - When in play with all members of the Dark Knights, all other Outlands character cards in play costing 4 or more are immediately discarded. If any Dark Knight character cards are destroyed, this card is destroyed next turn.

# MISCELLANEOUS #
Administrative Intervention - When drawn, the effects of the last played ability card are reflected onto the sender.
Away from Keyboard - When played, a single Character card of your choice is invulnerable for 2 turns.
PK Appeal - When played, a Character card can remain on the field for 1 turn if it is destroyed.
Failed Ban Appeal - When this card is drawn, all of your Character cards are discarded.
Successful Ban Appeal - When this card is drawn, your last three discarded cards are returned to your hand.
Beta Test - When this card is drawn, all cards on the field are redrawn.

Abilities:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Characters:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Event:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Item:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Unit:
Spoiler for Hiden:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:17:35 AM by garry :D »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HL2RP Trading Cards + memorial wallpaper pack
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 02:30:10 AM »
This looks fun  :P

Never played the Star Wars Galaxies TCG; I was more into Magic.  Still, let's go:

Character name: NOVA Unit 350
Affiliation: Union
Character physical description: 5'11" | NOVA 01 Uniform | Barely Audible French Accent
Reference image: Horrible at posing, so just do a generic trenchcoat MPF
Cost: 3
Strength: 3
Defense: 2
Quote: "How tragic, yet so cliché."

Also adding possible effect:  When played, redraw a friendly Union card from your graveyard and add it to your hand.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:36:01 AM by Hazard Time »

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 02:31:32 AM »
Update

That's about half of the characters done. Check below for the ones that I have added (these are now in the OP).

Characters:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 03:02:07 AM »
Character name: GRID Unit 913
Character physical description: 8'10" | Pitch black, heavily decorated GRID 01 Uniform with heavy armor overlay | Rough and very robotic voice | Belted revolver and slung sniper | Ex-RAZOR | Ex-CMD | Heavy Augments | Black Lenses | Prototype Cloaking | Mechanical Sabre Belted to left hip
Reference image: Something that looks like a heavy gunner combined with a unit preferably.  The guy was HUGE.  If you could do a partial cloak, that would be epic.
Cost: 8
Strength: 6
Defense: 5
Quote: "Who am I, you ask?  I am the might of this city. I bend it to my will."

Um, since Grid and a ex commander, perhaps all union affiliated cards get +2Str and +2Def and -1 cost?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:14:40 AM by ????£??Pandora Rica »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 03:07:20 AM »
omg i came

Very good, very good indeed.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 04:20:14 AM »
Update

Tactics has been merged into Abilities.

Abilities:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Characters:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline DrVengeance

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 08:06:11 AM »
I think I may have lost composure with the Uncle Willem Wajabi card.
Excellent work, top notch stuff
have a nice day :)

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:34:15 AM »
Update

Ten more character cards. I'll do another bunch of characters tomorrow.

Characters:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 12:40:14 PM »
Sheesh, you're pumping these out like mad, and they're really good, too! Keep going, can't wait to see them all finished! (<3 Spectre)

Also, hope its okay but I PMed you my characters because I'm dumb and didn't see that we had to post our information in the thread, hope its okay, but I can post the character information here if you want. Also, ignore the ability I sent, I goofed, I think.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:23:50 PM by Darkshifter98 »
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »
D'aww, man! Nostalgia~

Now I have feels, Oz. 211's card caption at the bottom made me tear up a bit. Thank you so much, really.  :'(

Character name: Pariah'Guram
Affiliation: Dark Knight
Character physical description: A large, hunched Vortigaunt with an arrogant looking expression.
Reference image: http://combineoverwiki.net/images/thumb/7/7c/All-knowing_vort_hands.jpg/250px-All-knowing_vort_hands.jpg
Cost: 7
Defense: 3
Quote: "Mmm, bah! Guram god among filthy apes!"

Unit name: The Dark Knights
Affiliation: Outlands Bandit Group
Effect: When in play with all members of the Dark Knights, all other Outlands character cards in play costing 4 or more are immediately discarded. If any Dark Knight character cards are destroyed, this card is destroyed next turn.
Cost: 4

Not my characters but...

Character name: Laurence 'Kryp' Black
Affiliation: Dark Knight
Character physical description: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=23606.msg173148#msg173148
Reference image: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxy8ofhfDj1r8d0x8o1_1280.jpg
Strength: 5
Quote: "Ay, mane, chill yo!"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:02:34 PM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 01:33:33 PM »
I should've said mine for when I was UNIFORM DvL 522 lol

Offline Dixon

• I do everything LIKE A BOSS
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 02:09:15 PM »
Character name: Gabriel Dixon
Affiliation: Dark Knights
Character physical description: Redneck|Sleeveless Red Checkered Shirt|Leather Jacket /w wings on back|Blue Jeans|Brown Shoes|Slung Crossbow
Reference image: Erm...Daryl Dixon model? XD Just pose with a Crossbow? <3 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Defense: 4
Quote: ""Well, Jules here was zigzagging all over the road - figured he had to be Asian driving like that..." or "Make one wrong move, you get an arrow in the ass..."  You choose. (Both Daryl Quotes, lolwatm8fitemeirlbruv)

Character name: Warren Dixon
Affiliation: None.
Character physical description: Redneck|White Shirt|Black Jacket|Dark Grey Pants|Black Boots|
Reference image: Erm...Merle Dixon model? XD Just pose with a...pistol...and an MP7. -
Spoiler for Hiden:
Quote: "I ain't gonna' beg! I ain't beggin' you!"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:32:06 PM by Dixon »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 05:44:41 PM »
Character name: Richard Sherlock
Affiliation: Resistance
Character physical description: Wears a long sweeping black coat that trails to his ankles, face masked with blue scarf, muffled English accent, tall, Latin machete hanging in black sheathe, 9mm in underarm sling
Reference image:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Cost: 5
Quote: "You ask me if I have a god complex? You don't understand, I am God."

Has the one-use ability to cheat death when he would otherwise be killed, sending him back into the user's deck.

Character name: Victor North
Character physical description: Wears a jet black blazer suit with straight cut trousers accompanied by a white shirt, Revolver hanging from underarm holster
Reference image:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Cost:4
Strength: 3
Defense: 8
Quote: "My movie will take your breath away, you'll be choking with laughter..."

Once Richard Sherlock has used up 'fake death' ability, when destroyed this card inflicts -3 on all Union cards defense.

Character name: Pariah'Lok'Raam
Affiliation: Resistance
Character physical description: A foul, hunched creature standing tall at 6'6, rows of deformed yellow teeth jut from its dripping mouth, feeder arm mangled, left eye a dull shade of milky white, whle body coated in white tribal paint, severed human arm hanging from its side.
Reference image: N/A
Quote: "Is there any among you that have the authority to treat with Pariah?"

Can summon any 'Pariah' vortigaunts from the deck of the holder

Ability- Pariah Summon: When used, all vortigaunts labelled 'Pariah' are placed on the field regardless of them being in the graveyard.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 06:04:00 PM by Dallas »

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 08:40:43 AM »
I didn't post the phrase for 357 before.

"First of all, it only goes on whites, second of all, you've got it all over my coat, and of thirdly, it's illegal!"
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Remilia Scarlet

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 12:10:05 PM »
Character name: Devin Casavant
Affiliation: None (As in, just a random Citizen)
Character physical description: Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, Average Height, Average Weight, Pony Tail.
Reference image: I don't have a reference image but I will look up which female model number it uses.
Strength: 2
Defense: 4
Quote: "Hurry into the sewers! (Then you can enter my Sewers if you know what I mean)"
Gregory Casavant: ((The HRP stew is missing something today, hmm, needs more admin.))

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal