Author Topic: Suggestion system please...  (Read 6746 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Suggestion system please...
« on: June 03, 2013, 01:32:32 AM »
Instead of it being denied right away... LET THE COMMUNITY VOTE!  I mean really... every time there is a GOOD suggestion, it gets denied by "ONE!"  admin who does not like it.  Let the community talk, let the suggestion run for around 2-3 days before closing it, unless all the comments are bad.  It is getting rather irritating to see good suggestions denied right off the bat, and people like them as said before, then it gets shot down by one person.  I am saying to just allow them to live a few days, get popular(or get denied by the community before killing it), and if liked, please add it into the future update and or server.  Let the community put there opinion into this before you lock it, if you lock it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:57:56 AM by Bish The Draggity »
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline ThatJesus

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion system please...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 01:42:57 AM »
Mostly it is closed because it is not allowed or not possible. And admins usually state a reason for it.
War is like a ice cream. It gets eaten. But you can always buy a new one
.. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 01:47:30 AM »
Mostly it is closed because it is not allowed or not possible. And admins usually state a reason for it.
Have you even look into the suggestions before?  I have seen good suggestions with good reason shot down because one person did not like it.  Really, go look for yourself.  They have some of the dumbest reasons, even though the community wants, they don't , so they don't added it, that then angers the community more and more over time.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 02:12:21 AM »
If you're referring to the thread I just locked, it's because it wasn't an actual suggestion.  He was trying to appeal his appeal by blaming us for not being omnipotent.  What exactly was there to vote on?

As for other suggestions, the reasons make perfect sense.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:14:19 AM by Hazard Time »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 02:17:13 AM »
If you're referring to the thread I just locked, it's because it wasn't an actual suggestion.  He was trying to appeal his appeal by blaming us for not being omnipotent.  What exactly was there to vote on?

As for other suggestions, the reasons make perfect sense.
No-no, not that... just in general...

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 02:28:12 AM »
In general?  Well, let's go over the latest threads:

Suggestion for Fear RP:  I actually support this in that running away after being tased is Fail RP.

Suggestion for ban requests:  No support because it is too easy to get your friends together and organize fake testimony against other players to get them banned.  I like the current system in that you may only respond if you were at all involved in the events leading to the infraction.

New server:  On the fence about this one, but I'm leaning towards no.  Ever since Rofl took down HL2RP with no warning to even the HL2RP admin team, the vast majority of our serious RP community jumped ship, so I'm not sure if it's even worth coding a unique serious RP server only to have it flop in the first week.

Chance system:  How many more chances do serial offenders need?

Blacklisting:  Karma gave admins the ability to see blacklists.

Anyways, even if we did decide to put it up to the community, it's the devs and the owners who have the final say.  I've said this a million times, but I find myself repeating myself many more:  This community is a dictatorship, not a democracy.  The owners/devs may listen to what you have to say, but at the end of the day, they are the ones who make the final decision, not you.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 04:52:34 AM »
Give us some examples please.

50% of what people suggest takes AGES to make, even if it sounds easy in your ears, or it's not even possible without remaking huge parts of the gamemode.

Example: Suggestion for customizeable weapons. Would take AGES to implant into ocrp2. We have our own weapon base, and custom ammo system. Have to add that into a weapon system that is already really advanced, would be extremely difficult. We would also have to make our own system for adding weapon additions, and ways to purchase them. You can't "spawn" them like you do in sandbox, from the entities menu.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 04:34:47 PM »
Give us some examples please.

50% of what people suggest takes AGES to make, even if it sounds easy in your ears, or it's not even possible without remaking huge parts of the gamemode.

Example: Suggestion for customizeable weapons. Would take AGES to implant into ocrp2. We have our own weapon base, and custom ammo system. Have to add that into a weapon system that is already really advanced, would be extremely difficult. We would also have to make our own system for adding weapon additions, and ways to purchase them. You can't "spawn" them like you do in sandbox, from the entities menu.
I know the weapon thing was not going to work.  I tried it with my server.  As of things like boats and cars on OCRP, or things that are wanted, and I know there a few things that don't take much coding at all, but got denied.  Remember, this is not about my suggestions, it is for every one suggestion that has been made and been shot down with no real good reason.  And, this here is not anything big either... all I am asking is for a timer on these before they get locked, as said 3-4 days limit before locking, or to many negative comments and or support.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 05:19:15 PM »
Let me be very clear.

The developers at Catalyst-Gaming try our best to provide as many features that you want as possible. We, however, are a bunch of teenagers working away for no money or reward (in most cases) so when we see a suggestion, regardless of how cool or nice it would be, it's completely up to us whether or not we implement the feature. If we decide we don't have the time or the motivation to do it, we won't.

We take developers out of the community, that's where we all come from, if you have an idea, and we like it but don't have the time or ability and you do, we will be more than willing to work with you so you can pull it off. Some features won't fall into this category, obviously.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Suggestion system please...
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »
We, however, are a bunch of teenagers
Speak for yourself :P but yes, very accurate post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal