Author Topic: Changing Gears  (Read 1683 times)

Offline hacker

• Like a BOSS
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Changing Gears
« on: June 02, 2013, 11:12:15 PM »
It would be so cool if you had a RPM meter up above the health meter, and you had to switch gears when you hit a certain point. It would be good because good drivers would know when to switch and would have good accuracy, while bad drivers would be slow and not accelerate very fast.

I think that going down speeds that you shouldn't have to switch, because the space bar is the only good button to use while your driving.

Also, if your RPM is to high and you don't change it , it should cause damage to your car.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Changing Gears
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 03:28:48 AM »
It would be so cool if you had a RPM meter up above the health meter, and you had to switch gears when you hit a certain point. It would be good because good drivers would know when to switch and would have good accuracy, while bad drivers would be slow and not accelerate very fast.

I think that going down speeds that you shouldn't have to switch, because the space bar is the only good button to use while your driving.

Also, if your RPM is to high and you don't change it , it should cause damage to your car.
I like the idea. But I don't know if it is possible in Garry's Mod? I don't know much about LUA 'N Shit :b

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 10:00:15 AM »
I believe it would require a whole recoding of the vehicle script system.

If not, an upgrade to a manual transmission would be cool.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 10:36:58 AM »
I believe it would require a whole recoding of the vehicle script system.

If not, an upgrade to a manual transmission would be cool.
It would. Hence denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal