Author Topic: New Server?  (Read 26642 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Server?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2013, 09:25:18 AM »
Not completely opposed to the idea of another serious roleplay server, but if it does happen it'll be something original to us and that's pretty much the end of it. We will not do anything that has already been done.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Cogley

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 12:46:11 PM »
It's like any one roleplay, theres hundreds of Dark RP, HL2RP and the others. And you guys probably played Dark Fraction on 1.0 which was the worst, they're releasing 4.0 and its 100 times better, but with Crap-Head and the dev team that Catalyst gaming has they can make a really good Military RP

Post Auto-Merged: May 27, 2013, 12:47:31 PM
If you want to play military roleplay, go to a community that hosts it. Not trying to be an asshole but we're not going to start copying gamemodes that already have tons of servers running them.
There's is no tons of servers running it, there's only one.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 01:36:22 PM »
It's an awful serious RP. If we're going to have another serious RP then at least have a original idea instead of copying Dark Fraction because it's fun to you.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »
Like waffle said. Make original ideas only.

Offline Cogley

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
Dark Fraction didn't make the military RP lol, them and another server are the only ones who use it

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 08:21:31 PM »
Cogley, what do you not get about "original idea"?  As Waffle and everyone else has stated countless times, the next serious RP server will be something indigenous to our server, not something copied from another.

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2013, 04:02:46 AM »
I don't mind RP but a original project that C-G makes would benefit the server a lot more than doing a military RP server. Granted I don't have to go on it if it were ever created but as I'm a active duty Marine I sure as hell won't have some kid trying to act like he knows what's going on or yelling at me trying to act like a drill instructor.. I went through 3 months of that and I sure hell ain't going to let anyone think they know how to be a DI.

Make a new RP server. Enhance the OCRP gameplay with a new bigger map with more buildings, more npcs, more concrete jobs, cars, and ways to enjoy the game. Make more concrete ways of making passive RP (crafting food, drinks, alcohol) and make the jobs more interactive with each other. Maybe even tie in some HRP? Make a part of the map water? Allow people to use boats and have a couple islands.

I know that in OCRP one of my turn offs is that to interact with the mayor/ police office/ and court room, people have to wait on a half working elevator rather than maybe a actual building dedicated to that function. Would be nice to have a police station with a small waiting room, reception desk, evidence locker, offices, and a prison system not having to wait for a elevator and then running all the way to the bottom floor.

Well this is getting long... Sorry
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:04:42 AM by TheTemplar »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2013, 08:49:19 AM »
Well sgt.sgt released the VMF for v33x so if I'm allowed by the owners, I could make something for the server.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 03:44:36 PM »
Maybe a communist rp?  Kind of like HL2Rp, the gov controls all and there can be a rebellion faction or something.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »
It's too close to HL2RP.  From what I've seen in HL2RP, totalitarian government RP divides the community.  On one side you have the government forces with unlimited resources and on the other you have a bunch of ragged citizens who have nothing better to do but walk around and "sit on benches".  I think we need to get away from oppression RP.  Some ideas I've been brainstorming are things like maybe a Space Colony RP, or maybe a Skyrim RP.  There are tons of untapped universes, we just need to decide on one.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »
It's too close to HL2RP.  From what I've seen in HL2RP, totalitarian government RP divides the community.  On one side you have the government forces with unlimited resources and on the other you have a bunch of ragged citizens who have nothing better to do but walk around and "sit on benches".  I think we need to get away from oppression RP.  Some ideas I've been brainstorming are things like maybe a Space Colony RP, or maybe a Skyrim RP.  There are tons of untapped universes, we just need to decide on one.
I JUST HAD AN AWESOME IDEA!   If you have watched  war of the servers you will understand.  Why not have an rp with mingbags and such and trying to avoid and protect yourselves?

Here is link to the movie if you have not seen it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUl_CBuyz8
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2013, 09:16:38 PM »
Just thinking about that makes my head hurt. Please, no.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2013, 10:26:31 PM »
Serious RP is like the name:  Serious.  That means we're looking for serious themes.  Even if (God forbid) we did a "War of the Servers" themed Serious RP, it would probably be just like Terminator RP, not even mentioning the quality of RP that this server would create.  So no, let's be creative here...

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2013, 11:04:01 PM »
Serious RP is like the name:  Serious.  That means we're looking for serious themes.  Even if (God forbid) we did a "War of the Servers" themed Serious RP, it would probably be just like Terminator RP, not even mentioning the quality of RP that this server would create.  So no, let's be creative here...

*Cough*TESrp*cough*

Spoiler for Hiden:

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Slade?´´?´°

• Slafag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2013, 11:19:22 PM »

*Cough*TESrp*cough*

Spoiler for Hiden:

Are you stupid Sexy Frog? *FacePalm*

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal