Author Topic: New Server?  (Read 26635 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Server?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 01:17:39 AM »
We're not gonna do more roleplay and if we were going to do more it would be soomething unique to us.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
What if, instead of an rp server, this was made into a war sever?  3 factions fighting non stop.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 03:34:01 AM »
We're not gonna do more roleplay and if we were going to do more it would be soomething unique to us.

What if, instead of an rp server, this was made into a war sever?  3 factions fighting non stop.

So a death match server? There is CSS for that.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 07:36:55 PM »

So a death match server? There is CSS for that.
Not DM.  War, meaning more things.  Screw css.  War, as in helicopters, tanks and more.  Not a game with crappy hit markers and op guns like CSS.  3 factions, each with different tools and vehicles, make it kind of like an rp too so it is not just all killing.

Offline Cogley

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 08:38:30 PM »
I honestly think there's nothing wrong with a military RP, it could take HL2RPs place..

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 05:37:09 AM »
I honestly think there's nothing wrong with a military RP, it could take HL2RPs place..

The thing wrong with it is that half of it will be "/me shoots the terrorist in his face with big gun" and "/me bang bang AK-47 kill UN peacekeeper" and it'll get stale fast. Maybe if you're lucky, you'll get some passive but that'll probably be "/me scary man drill sergeant criticise your bed making skills and creases in uniform."

If CG does get a new RP server, it really has to be something that doesn't limit your RP options otherwise everybody'll get bored and stop playing - something like Fallout RP for instance

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 10:59:25 AM »
 Someone discussed zombie roleplay earlier on...?

Offline Cogley

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 12:44:52 PM »
Lewis, go to Dark Fraction or another military RP. It's not like that

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 03:56:57 PM »
Why does no-one like the war server?  With rp mixed in you could have lots of fun, maybe make it kind of like Arma where instead of 3 factions, there is 3 but only 2 that fight non-stop.  You could have a civi faction that is neutral but still can be held hostage and killed, like real world scenarios.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2013, 04:08:47 PM »

On that note, should someone lock this?

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2013, 05:39:28 PM »
If you want to play military roleplay, go to a community that hosts it. Not trying to be an asshole but we're not going to start copying gamemodes that already have tons of servers running them.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 06:59:31 PM »
If you want to play military roleplay, go to a community that hosts it. Not trying to be an asshole but we're not going to start copying gamemodes that already have tons of servers running them.
I have not even seen a server running it... Like I actually have not seen one.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 07:02:04 PM »
Please no. Like waffle said, if we`re going to have more servers, make them unique. Damn near everything has been said and done before in other communities and starting yet another army rp or yet another deathrun will mean 0/50 or whatever within a week. I've seen this one too many times. The only servers that haven't gone kaput in a week are HRP, OCRP, and HL2RP. HL2RP also had a large playerbase dedicated to it at the time. That was a long time ago.

Why dont we brainstorm new server ideas like i dunno. I was thinking about how people like police chases in OCRP, however I'm sure some of them dont want to get banned for baiting police so maybe a Cops n Robbers kind of gamemode? Or how about some sort of air combat gamemode based in special maps. It would have to either use helicopters/vtolcraft or really small airplane models (like 1:16 scale)

Ideas. Lets make something new and fresh. We have the developer power. We have mappers, modelers, scripters, and audio peoples. We have the servers. We just need ideas.

Offline Cogley

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2013, 07:27:50 PM »
There's one Army RP and its constantly full, also there's is only 1 so if theres another it means its going to gain popularity really  fast

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 08:20:24 PM »
There's one Army RP and its constantly full, also there's is only 1 so if theres another it means its going to gain popularity really  fast
It doesnt usually work like that unless both servers are run by the same community. Nobody wants to start new if they already have something going.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:40 AM »
Lewis, go to Dark Fraction or another military RP. It's not like that

> Military RP
> "Not like that"

Good joke. Dark Fraction is a total shit hole. And I speak from experience, I've played all of Dark Fractions servers, even their Black Mesa RP when they first tried it. Horrible. Military RP is stale and unoriginal. Sorry.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal