Author Topic: New Server?  (Read 26699 times)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Server?
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2013, 09:21:05 PM »
Just my honest opinion, but I believe that the discussion is about a new SERIOUS RP server.  I believe we had a space build once, but it flopped for the same reason that our HL2RP just died recently.  The thing with Serious RP is that it caters more to the upper crust of RPers, those who prefer character development over material wealth.  Adding more script will only alienate them for the same reason that creating a constant state of action would.  True roleplaying is slow-paced and we need an idea that reflects the mentioned qualities.

However, in my honest opinion, I don't think a CG Serious RP server is ever going to happen again.  Ever since HL2RP died, the vast majority of our serious roleplay community jumped ship.  It is possible to entice them back, but it's hard to say if the community could keep it alive.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2013, 11:29:37 PM »
I'd come back if CG managed to put up something interesting, and ideally original. Too be quite honest, the quality of seriousRP in other communities I've come upon has been mediocre, and the administration's of the communities are either really unorganized, inexperienced, or just general assholes when it comes to dealing with the rest of the community. While CG has its problems and the like, I can say I've had better experiences with roleplay and conduct here than elsewhere. Don't know if others feel that way, but I do. I'd be willing to come back and invest sometime if, again, an original seriousRP enviornment was put up. But SpaceRP, eh. I'd honestly see that taking on a less original approach, I mean come on. In the realm of Science Fiction related things, there's already HL2RP, Starship Troopers, and I guess FalloutRP/Metro2033 if you'd consider those somewhat related. I personally like the idea of a more fanstasy/medival oriented roleplay, like, I don't know...Skyrim RP? *hint hint*

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Albert

• GTA V
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2013, 12:32:32 PM »
I agree to the medieval thing it would seem fun

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2013, 04:37:15 PM »
 Basically, this thread will be locked and no servers will come out of it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2013, 05:20:03 PM »
Basically, this thread will be locked and no servers will come out of it.
Excuse me? If this thread stays on topic and people actually think productively, the thread will not be locked and a server may in fact come out of this if the idea is good and doable.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2013, 05:27:32 PM »
As Statua said, this thread won't be locked we have an idea for a new serious RP server that is doable, original, and attractive.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2013, 11:17:18 AM »
 World War 2 roleplay anyone?

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2013, 11:34:15 AM »
World War 2 roleplay anyone?

from past experience that sort of RP consists of either -

a) shooting people in role-played gunfights
b) turning into HL2RP with the Wehrmacht/various branches of the SS being the metrocops and the civilians of the occupied country being the hl2 citizens

or if you want the ultimate boredom fest -

c) rp as somebody in a non occupied country and get bombed constantly while working in a bullet factory for 12 hours a day at minimum wage

i've tried two of the above and needless to say it was quite bad

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »
Why not some kind of shooting RPG gamemode, like the one where you can buy weapons and armor and each come with different stats. Also include some type of upgrade system with a trading/auction house feature to trade with others.

There was some community that had this gamemode perfectly planned out, just with bad execution. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, but it was popular about a year ago.

EDIT: Gangs of Glory was what it was called. You can see a video of it here. It seems they're in development of their updated version, but we could derive something off of this. It's a lot of fun.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:22:14 PM by vizioN »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2013, 02:38:48 PM »
Why not some kind of shooting RPG gamemode, like the one where you can buy weapons and armor and each come with different stats. Also include some type of upgrade system with a trading/auction house feature to trade with others.

There was some community that had this gamemode perfectly planned out, just with bad execution. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, but it was popular about a year ago.

EDIT: Gangs of Glory was what it was called. You can see a video of it here. It seems they're in development of their updated version, but we could derive something off of this. It's a lot of fun.
make it a greate big map with a lot of players, add vehicles in sorts like WAC helicopters, you could make an orginized raid.  This would be fun.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline feedonswords

• fakken goat m8
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2013, 11:36:28 PM »
How about RefugeeRP? You start as a guy in a war torn country, you can buy a boat and smuggle people, with the risk of dieing and losing your boat, try to find a good country, go into an Asylum and RP jail type things, or be the military fighting.
Goats can fly if you eat a blue sandwich with swiss cheese.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2013, 02:12:23 AM »
How about RefugeeRP? You start as a guy in a war torn country, you can buy a boat and smuggle people, with the risk of dieing and losing your boat, try to find a good country, go into an Asylum and RP jail type things, or be the military fighting.

Sounds dumb, to be honest. How are you doing to fit something like that on a map.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2013, 02:31:10 AM »
In much nicer terms, I have to agree with Lone.  What you ask for requires a map larger than Gmod allows.  Also, if you want to play Refugee RP, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead has several Takistan Life RP servers up.  They're basically like what you described; the Takistan map (which is about 13 x 13 kilometers) split up into three separate sections, with UN-backed north, communist south, and jihadi insurgents at war with each other while the normal citizens try to survive and make a small fortune.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal