Author Topic: Increased pay with increased police rank, and a way to check your police time.  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I feel the higher police ranks should have a slight pay increase to give more of an incentive for people to play government jobs and not just grow weed all day to earn money. At the moment, there are no legal money making methods that can even come close to growing, and the police rank system is a good place to begin.

Here's what I feel would be reasonable pay amounts:

Recruit: 65 (Current)
Officer: 70
Corporal:75
Detective:80
Sergeant: 90

Chief: 100

(Just rough numbers, exact values are up to you guys. I just think they deserve more.)

Even with this increase, members of the police force still relieve less than the mayor's base salary. I feel that if you've played Police for 12 hours, you should be pretty knowledgeable at it and deserve at least 90 per paycheck.

As well, some sort of command to check your playtime as police would also be quite useful for figuring out how close you are to a promotion. Something as simple as /policetime would work.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:58:03 PM by Fishy »

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I am quite sure that Karma or Crap is working on a timer. I think i talked with one of them about it ealier :b

And i do support higher paycheck, since i'm Sergeant already! :b
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 05:08:42 PM by Sir Binary »

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I agree a job timer would deff be very useful.

I too think that pay raises for government jobs is needed. Doesn't make sense that a seasoned Sergeant is being paid the same salary as a recruit. I'm also a Sergeant and been for a couple days already and it was quite disappointing with the overhaul changes done to the police ranking system that higher ranks are not paid more.

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
-Support
Increase in pay checks will cause it to become a grind as a police officer, barley making any money to making a normal ammount of wage money. I also believe Crap-head said that no such system was going to be implemented, ranks are to make the roles over officers more diverse, not to fill your wallet faster.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
-Support
Increase in pay checks will cause it to become a grind as a police officer, barley making any money to making a normal ammount of wage money. I also believe Crap-head said that no such system was going to be implemented, ranks are to make the roles over officers more diverse, not to fill your wallet faster.

I get what you are saying, but it would be so small it wouldn't do much. Maybe in an hour you make 840 (At 70 dollar salary), but because of your new rank you make another five dollars then it is 900, and maybe you get a little bit past 1k an hour. That's not much difference being made with such a system. Also, in an hour of growing weed you make 13500 if you average 15 weed every 5 minutes as a gold member with max herbalism. So really, there isn't much difference and it doesn't farm money, at all.

Someone mentioned this on TS earlier with Karma, forget what he said if anything but it may be possible, even if Crap-Head doesn't like it.

+SUPPORT

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
-Support

I honestly think that it should start at maybe slightly lower pay say 80 for recruit and sergeant should be around 130. Roles are good but players playing government jobs should be making some decent money. Most people just spend their time doing CrimeRp because frankly like sherman said its the most lucrative way in the game. Anyone can just plant a few weeds and some shrooms and just sit around all day making thousands in a short time while it takes someone playing as a cop hours and hours of game time to match that. To say the least its not like there is much repercussion on players that are caught with drugs i.e they either mow down the officers on scene or lose 1 or 2 weed plants (most likely they pick it up while police are trying to ram the door) and end up in jail for 2 minutes then grab their car and go straight back to it.

Im going to hold myself from going into the sheer fact of Responsibility that government officials have... regardless they need a slight incentive and a minor reward for dedicating their time to that field. Not just another "title".

Sergeants DO NOT get paid the same as a Recruit.......

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I've dropped default police pay to 60 dollars, and added it so you get 2 dollars per level.

The other suggestion was added in update 10.

Accepted :)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Reverted what craphead did because I have been working on this and have had a full overall plan and do not appreciate people changing it without talking to me when I have ongoing projects with it.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Done with update 11. Locking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal